Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
EDITING flat TMP's
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject:  EDITING flat TMP's Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This tutorial will teach you how to EDIT flat TMP's.

Fist of all, lets make a ini entry for your new tileset. Open temperate.ini and find

; Kodiak Crash
[TileSet0081]
SetName = Kodiak Crash
FileName = Crash
TilesInSet = 7
LowRadarColor = 60,40,0
HighRadarColor = 80,50,0
AllowBurrowing=false
RequiredForRMG = false

Then make a copy of it. Lets begin editing.

;Yo! This is my new tileset!!
[TileSet0082]
SetName = Rocky Ground ; The name of the set as it will appear in the editor.
FileName = xxxxx ;The base file name of each file in the set. The files in a set must all have the same basic name with a 2 digit id number appended. For example cliff01.tem, cliff02.tem, cliff03.tem. The 2 digit number starts at 01, not 00.
TilesInSet = 6 ; how many tiles in your tileset. Maximum value is 99 (and i advice you set this value, if you have more than one tilesets)
LowRadarColor = 60,40,0 ; seems, it dosnt work
HighRadarColor = 80,50,0 ; seems, it dosnt work
AllowBurrowing=false
RequiredForRMG = false; Required for random map generator

Save and close.

Open an XCC TMP Editor and load any *.tem or *.sno file.

*note: Use some thing similar to your future tile. Thats will slove problem with radar color and terrain type

As we can see, any TMP file consis of one or more single tiles.
Select any tile from list on the right. Press Ctrl+С. Open MS Paint. Set Picture size as 48x24. Press Ctrl+V. Well, its ready to edit.

*note:  As you can see its have one extra line at the end with transparent
color - leave it alone!!!

When you finish, Press Ctrl+A than Ctrl+C. Open XCC TMP Editor. Select the tile that you have take before and press Ctrl+V. Thats it. If you have more than one tile to edit, than repeat the procedure described above. Save as...

***If you have more information about TMP editing, please, post it below.

EDIT: Added Jahs info -SMIFFGIG

Key Words: #Tutorials #TMP #Terrain #Media #TiberianSun #Firestorm #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #OpenRA 

Last edited by Gangster on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: EDITING flat TMP's Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:

Than - Then -  make a copy of it. Lets begin editing.

RequiredForRMG = false; err.. i dont know what, the hell, is this

Required for random map generator

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG. This may be the cause of the RMG errors in TSTW..

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little aditional info:

Solving the radar problem with a Hex Editor:

It's a kinda boring job, but once you practice, you'll get used to it. First you need the following things:

- A Hex Editor
- A Hex Calculator (windows comes with one)
- Patience... required as well #Tongue

1) Open your hex editor and view your TMP (*.tem, *.sno) file.

2) Once you have it opened, you'll probably have something like

In my specific case, the 6 digit hex numbers in the left are the address of the line, the numbers in the center are the values in the line. 16 values in four sections. Each value is a byte. An integer is a set of 4 values, or 4 bytes. In the right, we have the ASCII code related to each of the 16 values. This ASCII code will be ignored in this tutorial.

So, consider the numbers in the center and the addresses. The first line of the file is the main header. Feel free to ignore it, since XCC TMP Editor edits these values easily.

The second line will have a lot of integers. These integers indicates the address where each tile starts. If the integer is 00 00 00 00, then it points for no tile at all. You have to pay attention that the address of the first tile stops the listing of tiles.

I.e.: in blank01.tem example above, we have only one tile:

14 00 00 00

Observe that the 00 00 00 00 that comes after it is already located at the address 14 00 00 00 (000010 + 4).

Once you hit the address where the tile starts, you will have to count for exactly 3 lines and 1 section. Then, you have 6 important bytes:

- red low radar value, green low radar value, blue low radar value, red high radar value, green high radar value, blue high radar value.

Each of them is a byte.

In our example above, we have our tile starting at the first 00 00 00 00, so 3 lines and one integer after it is exactly where the 60 starts, so, it has set 60 to all red, green and blue for low and high radar.

(Look at the fifth line:)

Quote:
| 28 28 28 28 | 28 CD CD CD | 60 60 60 60 | 60 60 7F 7F |

But TS uses 6 bit colours, which basically means that you can set the values 0 to 63 for each of them. Setting a higher value has no known consequences. So, this is an almost white colour, huh? At least I guess so...

If you guys need any other example to explain this, give me a tip and I'll post. This kind of thing isnt easy for those who arent used to it.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am i understanding right?

This 60s in fifth line is radar color values, isnt they?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

exactly.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've tried it. I've set 00 60 00 00 60 00 so radar color supposed to be green, but it doesnt. My tile is still grey on radar, but image become corrupted.
*** Ive test it only in FinalSun

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could you send me a sample of what did you do?

Pay attention to the pointers in the beggining. If you miss the initial address of the tile, you may miss the byte. And initial addresses usually differs.

ruptioner
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, im having trouble with mine, you see if already got made tiles and ive created a new ini entry as described above but for when i load up my finalsun it dose not appear in the terrain / ground: list...

; Kodiak Crash
[TileSet0081]
SetName = Kodiak Crash
FileName = Crash
TilesInSet = 7
LowRadarColor = 60,40,0
HighRadarColor = 80,50,0
AllowBurrowing=false
RequiredForRMG = false

; New Tile Sets.
[TileSet0087]
SetName = Space
FileName = Space
TilesInSet = 6
LowRadarColor = 60,40,0
HighRadarColor = 80,50,0
AllowBurrowing=false
RequiredForRMG = false

Ive catergoryd it here as the rest is my Marble Madness package Digits 0082 - 0086 any suggestions ?

Did not work >>>Idea : What ive i rename the marble Madness package digits from 0082 - 0086 to 0083 - 0087 so then i have a free space inbetween the sections.?

Still Any sugestions or reasons why this dose not work etc?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just out of interest, did you get it working Gangster ?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have already passed first hundred and all new tilesets works fine. Only thing i could suggest, look carefully for yours mistakes.

Hyper@Work
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have any of you seen the unoffical XCC TMP editor by metalmario? it has all the radar colour options in the tile properties... alot easier than hex editing.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I know... but this tutorial was posted 10 months before MetalMario release it Wink.

Hyper@Work
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh... i think i should start eating breakfast in the morning again, seem to be loosing it #Tongue

A wise man once said, "Happiness is a choice, but landing tailwhips to the pedals is a necessity"

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i figured id post here since my q is about this
i tried making my own tiles be used instead of the grass and i got an ie when the game was loading this is my codes and file names

[TileSet0014]
SetName = GrassThick Idividual
FileName = ux
TilesInSet = 16
Morphable = true
LowRadarColor = 80,45,0
HighRadarColor = 100,60,0
AllowToPlace=no
RequiredForRMG = true
AllowTiberium = true

file names
ux01
ux03
ux07
ux10
ux13
ux16
ux02a
ux05a
ux08a

aand there in ecachemd38
what did i do wrong? i added my mix so you can look and see if the files are wrong

ecachemd38.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ecachemd38.rar
 Filesize:  1.96 KB
 Downloaded:  1603 Time(s)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do not replace any of the normal tilesets, dont touch them, only amed new ones at the bottom

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

amed? you mean add new ones at the bottom to overight the oldones?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, i do... if you edit standard tilesets it messes up the map loading script

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok so i should basicly copy the old one and put my file name there like this?
[TileSet0082]
SetName = GrassThick Idividual
FileName = ux
TilesInSet = 9
Morphable = true
LowRadarColor = 80,45,0
HighRadarColor = 100,60,0
AllowToPlace=no
RequiredForRMG = true
AllowTiberium = true

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i got it to overight the old grass but in final alert it just is all white and when i try to put somthing on the ground a get an I.E. is it a problem with the code or is my file bad?

my file is in the mix in my first post and here is my code

[TileSet0000]
SetName = new ground
FileName = ux
TilesInSet = 1
Morphable = true
LowRadarColor = 110,80,0
HighRadarColor = 150,110,0
RequiredForRMG = true
AllowBurrowing = true
AllowTiberium = true

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

add me to MSN and i will help you without cloging up the forums.

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont have msn Sad

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.....era, PM me the file you want added and send me a clean copy of the theater ini you want updated

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the huge bump, but i'm a bit confused.
Banshee wrote:
In our example above, we have our tile starting at the first 00 00 00 00, so 3 lines and one integer after it is exactly where the 60 starts, so, it has set 60 to all red, green and blue for low and high radar.

(Look at the fifth line:)

Quote:
| 28 28 28 28 | 28 CD CD CD | 60 60 60 60 | 60 60 7F 7F |

When using TMP Builder, it uses the 28's at the beginning of this line (plus the one 28 at the end of the previous line) to show the "Left Color" and "Right Color".
Are these left and right color in TMP Builder some different colors?
Is there a difference between the radar color and the ones TMP Builder is showing?

\EDIT
after a few tests it seems Banshee's infos are a tad wrong. It's not the 60's which are 52 byte after the start-offset of the tile.
It's in fact the 28's which are 43 byte after the start-offset

\EDIT
Another question: How does the game use the low and high radar color? (left color and right color in tmp builder)
I've made them completely different in a test tmp, and the result was quite strange.
A completely filled area with only this 1x1 tile, didn't created an even colored area in the radar, but something like a checkerboard pattern which was using colors in the whole range of the low and high color.

I expected the low color to be used on map-height 0 and the high color on height 14 and in between something like a gradient between the two colors.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

A.Productions
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: I cannot see the new tileset. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did as you instructed but Final Sun doesn't see the new tileset I made. Any ideas why?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try placing the temperat/snow INI file loose in the game folder.

A.Productions
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got them working. Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon