Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:28 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Retaliation announced
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Retaliation announced Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Retaliation is my second mod for TS. The basic concept of the mod was to have something where I could throw in all my ideas on how to make TS a better game. Here are some of the planned features (Some are already completed):

Quote:
* The silo system is removed, harvesters now only cost 1000 credits. This results in faster, more action-packed gameplay!

* Overall graphic improvements (For example, the MCV is now colored correctly, the Titan's barrel has been fixed to look like the one in the renders, and the ingame size of the Mammy Mk.2 has been increased), along with brand new cameos and explosions. Infantry has also been scaled down 25% for a more realistic size. The mod also features a fresh new GUI.

* Major improvement on the veterancy system, units gain levels much quicker and actually grow stronger. Some even get all-new weapons.

* Instead of just adding a plethora of new units like most mods, many of the existing units will be drasticly changed (For example, the Advanced Artillery is now a late-game unit, shooting toxic shells loaded with tiberium!), and some will be replaced by new units. I think the original TS had too many units not really worth building, every unit will now serve its own unique purpose.

* Aircraft will be much more useful. Every aircraft can now move to shroud, and the basic ones like Orca Fighters and Harpys will have more ammunition. To counter this, mobile AA vehicles will be available.

* Almost every sound effect will be replaced by new, much better sound, putting my years of sound producing experience to use. Almost every unit will have a unique voice, and you'll hear the engines of their vehicles humming in the background. The mod will also feature a new soundtrack.

* The mutants will be getting their own structures along with their own tech tree. These new buildings will serve as tech structures available for capture, instead of just giving random mutant units to each side like in the original TS. All mutant vehicles are immune to veins, somewhat cheap and self-heal. The Forgotten are now very resourceful and are a force to be reckoned with!

* Eventually, I might add Cabal as a third side, essentially turning this into a new chapter in the Tiberian Saga.

No screens yet, but you should be getting some the next day hopefully.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little delay there, studies have slowed down my work but not too much.

Quote:
Tiberian Retaliation is my next project for TS. The main idea behind it was to improve on the original game, much like Tiberian Sun Retro or Clazzy's Rules, but in my own way. The idea has since then expanded to become a new chapter in the Tiberian Saga. The gameplay is faster and more action oriented, since silos are no longer needed so you can concentrate on building up your army and defenses, and thinking out smart tactics instead of sacrificing space and money on placing silos all over your base. This mod will replace a lot of the existing units like the buggy, and recon bike with all new units, instead of just adding a plethora of new ones like a typical mod. This helps make it truly feel like a new game instead of an addon.

Almost everything will be changed; Cameos, sound effects, explosions, the GUI, the music, new civilian buildings and vehicles along with more interesting environment assets like tiberium geysers.

A third side has been added, now you can control CABAL's vicious robotic army.
Mutant units will be removed from both sides, instead they will have their very own buildings which will serve as tech structures available for capture on the maps.

CABAL Attack Drones assaulting the enemy harvesters (They were later wiped out by a counterattack from Tiberium Artilleries)

Infantry have been scaled down to a more realistic size, while units like Mammoth Mk.2 and Dropships have been scaled up.

Nod's new artillery is a high-tech unit firing shells loaded with tiberium waste. They can easily be avoided by fast moving units like most vehicles, making it more suitable for attacking bases and infantry. The Elite Cadre is Nod's replacement for the Cyborg. Nod now also have their own exclusive engineer, it has weaker armor but is somewhat faster.

There will be more info and screens soon, and a forum hopefully.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I especially like your ideas for sounds and the forgotten.

And i see you're playing on RVMECH's best map Wink (although you have edited the ExtraUnitlight tags)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The infantry looks nice on this size. And I like the lighting of the maps. I just dont like this robot tank that you extract from Yuri. This unit looks kinda overused giving an impression that this mod will feature a lot of RA2/YR graphics where the textures doesn't fit the TS universe.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think they fit in... I retextured it to have the black/blue CABAL scheme. I also tried switching the body with the turret and add TurretSpins=yes but it wouldn't hover that way :/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice Razz

i like the way you modified the logo of nod/gdi Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon