Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
faction logo designer need...
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject:  faction logo designer need... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i want to redesign faction symbol for every faction too bad i'm not creative enough to do such job by my self if any one want to help me on this please contact me via pm. thank you Wink

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whaaaat? The Consortium logo is awesome! D:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have links to the existing logos?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the exist logo of GDI and Nod are the same to C&c3 [but GDI Logo in ROS is more yellow like TS than C&c3 brown]

for consortium it's quit look too cartoony IMO maybe if some one have idea to spice it up. but the concept still same is white shark symbol.

no need to add detail just design it in form of symbol like this is fine.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Out of personal curiosity, I have to ask, why a white shark? I can see the hawk representing GDI's higher, Nobel ideals while the NOD scorpion symbolizes treachery and seediness.

However, a name like Consortium seems to imply structure, purity...not a savage, man-eating fish.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC, the Consortium live in a bunker under the Pacific sea.

Sharks are man-eating savages if you go by Jaws' depiction of them, which is like in most B movies, is not true. Instead, sharks are solitary hunters who mostly travel and do things alone and like to be kept that way. At the same time, they are swift hunters who kill their prey swiftly and painlessly (a Great White's bite is enough to kill most prey in one shot).

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you followed the context of my message, you'd know I am talking about symbolism. Not biology. The GDI falcon, and the Nod scorpion are selected based upon symbolism and it reflects their way of combat. I'm not opposed to designing the logo but I am just inquiring to get a better feel for it.

What I am asking is; how does a shark symbolically fit this faction? Is it just because they live underwater?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sharks are cool. So is Consortium. Shark symbolises coolness. And... stuff.

I guess it's for originality and contrast, since sharks are not birds or arachnids.
I DID BIOLOGY TOO! Very Happy

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when i design Consortium logo i didn't think that deep about it. just like Orac said just because the Shark is cool and it's not a bird or arachnids.

"Everyone know how fearsome of the shark, even they don't try to hide but you never know when it come, they away show up in bad time and kill their prey swiftly" i don't know if this enough to explain why it should be the shark.

before i consider to give them white shark i try to look on many kind of animal and plant. spider , lion , tiger , lotus but since their first design is space faction if they have some weapon it should be space ship base weapon and in my point space didn't seem so different from the sea make me point on sea animal instant like the shark , octopus , crab [yes crap it really lame idea] and finally i choose the white shark just because their armor have white color. :p

btw the logo look cool! seem a lot more serious than what i design but the last logo seem quite similar to Scrin IMO. and how about give 3 "Unite Hand" and put the jaw on the center?
- Scientist
- Capitalist
- Millitary

Last edited by Holy_Master on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 am; edited 5 times in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Besides... Who would want Whales for a Faction Logo... Unless your a Narwhal in which case theyre the Jedi's of the sea!

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since the Consortium is mainly made up of scientists and have hi-tech weapons and equipment, maybe an octopus seems like a good animal motive. It is after all one of the most intelligent creatures around (see the Black Octopi from Submarine Titans).

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well just like i said their're 3 power in consortium...

- Capitalist [wealthy people from many company who fund this project since this project didn't get support by world government]

- Scientist [group of scientist who present this project from first place]

- military [found later to keep peace inside colony]

if you want to know how the life inside colony look like all i can tell you is not so different from "Fallout" Series. :p

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guess it would be some kind of technocracy.

TBH I prefer the original logo over yours Lefthand. Yours seems a lot more villainous adn the mouth looks more like a snake than a shark (maybe it is?).

Would be nice to see a whole new style of logo for GDI and Nod, even if they still use the same animals as a base.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

logo 3 Lefthand make give me some idea. maybe just modify old logo by add the world on the center and place 2 shark on both side with different move direction instant of 1.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Leave the Consortium logo alone! ;_;

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't know you like old Consortium logo that much. - -"

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm with Speeder on this one, it is good IMO. Definitely don't make it symmetrical but having the globe in the middle might be good.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Consortium's logo is great, at most you should only make it higher quality. Maybe just replace/remove the shark's eye, since it's the only "cartoony" part.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what you think? [feel kinda Illuminati IMO - -"]

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great start, but I agree that removing the eyes is necessary to resolve the cartoony feel you're getting.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and this one is improvement of Original version.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well one before that was nicer but why do you even want a vector/2D version? Your original 3D logo was excellent quality and had a far more unique style than just another photoshop job.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the original isn't 3D it just photoshop from vector like this. #Tongue

i ask in this vector form because i don't think anyone want to make detail version and end up to waste their time because i didn't choose it. after i get logo concept i'll paint detail version by my self to make sure i get what i want. [other than that i love to paint texture] Twisted Evil

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The second image looks too much like Nod's since it uses a angular shape as a boarder and the icons within contain circular and smooth shapes. Also, you'll need to consider how the images containing lots of fine details will look once reduced in size to fit a vehicle or building in game. The globe might be too complex unless you simplify it to a few lines instead of dozens.

Just a suggestion. Why not use Poseidon's trident or a legendary sea monster (i.e. Kraken, Hydra, Leviathan) instead of a sea animal? It doesn't have to be an animal.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with round border.

more Eye alike

i jusnt dont want to change logo concept that much. and i think shark is more understandable by people.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the shark eye.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the last one.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like the last one too, others not so much.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then seem like we got new Consortium logo already. #Tongue

but i still need new GDI and Nod Logo and too bad i have no idea to modify them from Orginal Design.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon