Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[FS] Dark Harzard (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject:  [FS] Dark Harzard (2)
Subject description: 6th Map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map Size: 90 Width * 60 Height
Map Maker: Zero18
Requires FS: Yes
Ion Storm: Yes

Made this map, and why I called it Dark Harzard because it is night time and Ion Storms makes this zone harzardous. The tiberium fields are limited. Enjoy!

Comments / Rate are welcomed.

Cool

darkharzard.mpr
 Description:
Download new ver of Dark Harzard!

Download
 Filename:  darkharzard.mpr
 Filesize:  143.4 KB
 Downloaded:  137 Time(s)

Last edited by Zero18 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Special Trigger

Multiple Ion Storm Triggers: After first Ion Storm, the next Ion Storm will take longer time to appear and will last longer time. After that next Ion storm will be even longer that previous Ion Storm then descend to short Ion Storm.

Like This

Short IS
Medium IS
Long IS
Medium IS
Short IS

In addition to that, it will cycle over and over, no matter what.

Enjoy!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good. I think I see some missing cliff pieces (that connect the southmost parts) in the megamap, but I can't take a closer look right now. What's with the ammo piles scattered everywhere?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your mapping is getting much better, but still leaves something to be desired, mostly your cliffs have a very unnatural shape to them, probably due-to the usage of auto-cliff tools (which is a bad tool!), get into the habit of making more natural cliff formations and better structure placement and you'll start producing top quality maps in no time.

TI is currently looking for additional multiplayer mappers. Would you be interested? I've also been after Ixith for years but he's a lazy son of a gun. #Tongue

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure!

And thanks for the feedbacks.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Your mapping is getting much better, but still leaves something to be desired, mostly your cliffs have a very unnatural shape to them, probably due-to the usage of auto-cliff tools (which is a bad tool!)

I take it TS has no urbanish cliffs that can be painted? Otherwise it is, sometimes, quite handy for drawing urban cliffs. They're all the same anyway.

@Zero18,

Good looking map! I agree with Aro, you're getting better and better.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I've also been after Ixith for years but he's a lazy son of a gun. #Tongue

Oh no he di....eh i guess your right. especially considering that I did not release a single map during the entire year of 2012.

anyways...i did open final sun today though to take a quick look at this map...

as Aro said your mapping is certainly getting better but like always can always improve.

Lets start with the cliffs:
-like aro said many areas have an unnatural feel to them. And in some cases are also very straight. The biggest offender of the 'too straight' occurs at the bottom left side of the map where you have 2 layers of cliffs that follow a very straight line then a sharp 90 degree turn with a shorter straight line that goes off the map.
-You are still leaving out the C34 cliff connector piece which is for the front facing cliffs.
-On your back side Slope Sets you're still leaving out the R10 and R7 pieces which are the transitions from cliff to slope.

lighting:
looks pretty good. though I haven't checked the ion storm lighting but judging from lighting values for it in FS it should be decent.
-you have a decent bit of ambient lighting going on with the alpha light posts.
you might want to consider in larger areas of 'city' or even villages to put in a invisible light post to make that area brighter and stand out even more yet. I for one like that effect for city areas.
-the tiberium lighting is okay. I think the green might be a little intense/far reaching however, your green tiberium fields start out pretty large and have the green mold on the outside so the lighting works.

over all design is pretty decent i'd say. My biggest complaint is somewhat balance related and that's due to the blue tiberium field placements. If you removed the destroyable cliff that leads up into the bottom blue tiberium field i think it'd be okay. As with it the right side player can get access to both blue fields pretty quickly where as the left side player would have to travel a good bit to reach the top field. I'd also suggest putting 2 green tib trees within the start location fields as the amount of tiberium on the map starts off decent for 2 players...but will quickly grind down to a slow drawn out match due to the limited tiberium...which then puts the right side at an advantage since he can easily access both blue fields.
otherwise, I also happen to agree that the usage of ammo crates is a bit excessive and perhaps unneeded. I tend to stay away from placing ammo crates unless the feeling of an active militia presence can be given. Other than that I think like Aro also pointed out...better building placement and perhaps use of the parking lots would make the city areas look much better.

and now that i've written too much...hopefully it won't scare anyone away. lol. anyways keep up the good work. you're doing a good job on improving your mapping skills.

Quote:
I take it TS has no urbanish cliffs that can be painted? Otherwise it is, sometimes, quite handy for drawing urban cliffs. They're all the same anyway.

unfortunately normal TS/FS does not. There is the Terrain Expansion that you can use...but then anyone who wants to play those maps must also have that Terrain Expansion and I don't think the auto-cliff tools work with the small urban cliffs included in that as they are add-ons and not the 'main cliffs' then.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedbacks Very Happy It seems like shadow cliff errors are no longer a problem for me Very Happy - but the back cliffs are pain the ass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon