Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A Few Questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject:  A Few Questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I posted this on TumSun, but got almost no response (other than fremen5), so hopefully maybe here I'll get a bit more help. The first question isn't too important any more, but it would be nice to see it working.

Clazzy wrote:
Well, I did have two questions but I've forgotten the second one, so I'll just post the first.
Basically, I'd like to have a system where there are two choices for a tech tree but only one may be selected (i.e. two tech centres, but you may only build one). Now, I know that using building upgrades to do this is impossible. So, I'm trying to figure out another way of doing it or trying to find a workaround for the upgrade option. If anyone knows of a way to do this, I'd be forever in your debt if you told me, but I'm assuming that it's an impossible tak. No harm in asking, though.

*EDIT* Remembered my second question: Is it possible to make a unit completely incapable of attacking the ground in any way (perhaps even to the point of removing the attack cursor)? I have a purely anti-air units, and I don't want anyone to use a bug workaround where it can shoot the ground, and kill any unit with light armour (it's extremely effective against it, you see).

*EDIT* And another question. I've made the Nod artillery have two weapons now, against buildings it has its regular weapon, against infantry and vehicles, however, it has a limited airburst weapon. Unfortunately, it uses the regular 155mm against everything and the airburst is never used.
I'll shut up and stop editing this post after this #Tongue.

Code:
; Weapons
[155mm]
Damage=150
ROF=110
Range=18
MinimumRange=5
Projectile=Ballistic
Speed=10
Warhead=ARTYHE
Report=120MMF
Anim=GUNFIRE
Lobber=yes

[155mmU]
Damage=150
ROF=110
Range=18
MinimumRange=5
Projectile=Ballistic2
Speed=10
Warhead=ARTYHE2
Report=120MMF
Anim=GUNFIRE
Lobber=yes

; Projectiles

[Ballistic]
High=yes
Image=120MM
Arcing=true

[Ballistic2]
Arm=2
High=yes
;VeryHigh=yes
Arcing=true
Proximity=yes
Cluster=4          ; number of small missiles to launch
Ranged=yes
AA=no
Image=120MM
ROT=4
Color=DarkGreen
Airburst=yes
AirburstWeapon=MultiCluster
IgnoresFirestorm=yes

; Warheads

[ARTYHE]
Spread=6
Wall=yes
Wood=yes
Verses=0%,100%,0%,0%,50%
Conventional=yes
Rocker=yes
InfDeath=2
AnimList=XGRYSML1,XGRYSML2,EXPLOSML,XGRYMED1,XGRYMED2,EXPLOMED,EXPLOLRG
Deform=15%
DeformThreshhold=120
Tiberium=yes
Bright=yes
ProneDamage=150%

; Artillery shell
[ARTYHE2]
Spread=6
Wall=yes
Wood=yes
Verses=120%,0%,80%,65%,0%
Conventional=yes
Rocker=yes
InfDeath=2
Deform=15%
DeformThreshhold=120
Tiberium=yes
Bright=yes
ProneDamage=150%

The verses are set correctly, so I'm rather confused as to why it doesn't work. Just thinking now, does WEEDGUY need a secondary weapon called 155mmU now?

With the WEEDGUY thing, since all the weapon slots are used, if I added Elite=155mmU to the engineer, would it work (since the weapon can't be accessed)?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) If upgrades doesnt work, I dont have any idea on this one. Unless... (there is a minor chance if..)... Unless you create a building that nukes everything close to it.... but there is still a chance of undeploying the MCV to somewhere else to use another tech building.

2) Try the following things:

- remove the AG from the projectile. It's set as yes by default
- check if you can have a unit that only has a secondary weapon... even if you have to make the primary be a dummy weapon. Secondary weapons deals better with air targets.

3)This is a warhead thing. Set 0% to the concrete things for your anti-infantry and vehicles weapon and set 0% to everything but concrete to the anti-building weapon.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Last edited by Banshee on Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have done 3. ARTYHE has 0% for everything except wood and concrete armout. ARTYHE2 has 0% for wood and concrete.

I'll try the AA Gun with the secondary, though.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little edition was made to my post above:

Quote:
- remove the AG from the warhead. It's set as yes by default

- It's projectile, not warhead. Sorry.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry, I know what you're on about. I just hope I can get the artillery working.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you should not edit the warhead of the airburst missiles but the warhead of the dummy weapon that spawns the airburst missiles?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I agree with you, Dvd!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The warhead that is used by 155mmU is:
[ARTYHE2]
Spread=6
Wall=yes
Wood=yes
Conventional=yes
Rocker=yes
InfDeath=2
Deform=15%
DeformThreshhold=120
Tiberium=yes
Bright=yes
ProneDamage=150%

That isn't the warhead for the cluster missile...

Jango
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About the second question: the "armor" of the ground is none, so if you make a unit with one AG weapon and an AA weapon then you must set the "none" percentage of the AA warhead to 0 so when you shoot with the unit to the ground it will shoot with the AG weapon.

About the third question, I don't know exactly but I think that the secondary weapons in deployed units is pretty messed, it happens the same for me when I made a SA weapon for the arty for self defense once deployed but it didn't work the way it should.

DJFreestyler
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
[ARTYHE2]

Hmm, that's wrong, the armour types are: None,Light,Wood,Heavy,Concrete , so you must have confused the light and wood #Tongue
Just change it to: Verses=120%,80%,0%,65%,0% and it should work.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No...

; Verses = damage value verses various armor types (as percentage of full damage)...
; -vs- none, wood (buildings), light armor, heavy armor, concrete

Jango
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you try to make the same thing but only in a structrure (not artillary=yes)? I'm thinking about that the problem is in that tag (perhaps). If you make a clone of the gaarty (asumming that the problem is in the original unit I THINK (not sure, tough) that you got the same problem. Oh well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon