Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[3.0,1]Cameo Generator bugs?
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject:  [3.0,1]Cameo Generator bugs? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can resume my problem with a question Laughing
what I made wrong?

I selected a frame of 1 TS mutant (to test the cameo generator) & when I selected the things of the screenshot & I accept the setting... error: invalid floating point operation.
After of try try & try or selecting the 1º cameo generator menu & clicking again "Ok" button the program creates the cameo without the error menssage & with blue things etc... (see right of all of the screenshot).

My computer...
CPU: P3 at 800MHz
RAM: 256 SDRAM

os_shp_test1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.93 KB
 Viewed:  5763 Time(s)

os_shp_test1.jpg

os_shp_test1.jpg
 Description:

os_shp_test1.jpg

os_shp_test1.jpg
 Description:

os_shp_test1.jpg

Last edited by FS-21 on Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee or another admin please edit my menssage that I don't know why I can't see any attached image when "I edit the post"... I can't see if I added or not the images Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The blue stuff is a small bug that will b fixed in 3.1, never seen any access violations b4.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't understand why a floating pointer operation, if I havent used any floating point at all... maybe it's some stu code, but I really have no idea. Also, this blue stuff is beyond my comprehension... I'll try to simulate it here. Anyway some tips:

- Don't use Remove RA2 Shadow if you are making a cameo from a TS SHP.
- Use the selection tool to make a cameo from the selected area. The result is usually better because the unit won't be so small...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not my code banshee. The Cameo gen like everything else worked perfectly in Feb.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It never had a problem with my computer either... and I tested TS stuff...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good idea about the Preview cameo stu, all works fine now (installeld & without change options etc)... except by this new bug when you not close the new generated cameo & you wish create another with different text: I recommend see the image #Tongue

Another thing that I saw is that the yellow veteran icon isn't very yellow... could be by the selected ground... Very Happy

cameo_gen_bug2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.78 KB
 Viewed:  5737 Time(s)

cameo_gen_bug2.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thing of not being very yellow is not a bug of the program. Choose Another Colour Conversion Method at the Preferences. Use 3D RGB Full Difference.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHP's are images like BMP's, they do not have layers, so unless u press undo (if u never made it make it in a new window) u need to remake the SHP. There is no physical way to avoid this.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tracked the Floating Point Operation problem. It's funny that it also happened when I used the swamp bitmap as background. To avoid it, I recommending using 3D RGB Full Difference as Colour Conversion Method.

The problem happens at the algorithm from R+G+B Advanced Difference. But I still don't get why does it happens.

I've also fixed the problem it was having with Infurium with my source.

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I see more bugs will be posted here, good job guys Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Line 527 of SHP_ENGINE_CCM

t0 := sqrt((abs(r - r3) * abs(r - r3)) + (abs(g - g3) * abs(g - g3)) + (abs(b - b3) * abs(b - b3)));

Quote:
Returns the square root of X.

Unit

System

Category

arithmetic routines

function Sqrt(X: Extended): Extended;

Description

X is a floating-point expression. The result is the square root of X.

Sqrt is a floating point thing, i think it may be that sqrt is a bigger varible than the dstination, and when its a number with alot of digits it can't shove them in the smaller one.

Code:
t,T0 : real;

Quote:
Extended 3.6 x 10^–4951 .. 1.1 x 10^4932 19–20 10
Real 5.0 x 10^–324 .. 1.7 x 10^308 15–16 8

Real holds less digets.

Search for all T0 (T and a Zero) and replace each decleration with a Extended value insted of real.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you! I'll do it Smile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum