Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Can't get Mutant IronBack into Game ?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject:  Can't get Mutant IronBack into Game ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must have spent over 5 hours trying to get this unit into the game but what I really and truly hate is that those that provide the download to these units do not tell you how to go about getting them into the game.

I looked at the units file and noticed the side faction it belongs to is neutral so I changed it to Nod but it still won't show up at the factory no matter what I do.

The last way I set this unit up when I clicked on the factory it crashed the game to the desktop.

Are Neutral units hard coded to their sides ?

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They don't provide that because it's the most basic thing to do.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can it be the most basic ?

There are no tutorials on how to get new units or player made units into the game.

All I can do is create a different version of a unit from the same unit and thats because it's already in there.

But when I try to follow how that unit is set up in the game and try to do that with the downloaded unit it rarely ever works.

I tried setting up the mutant exactly like the rhino and that didn't work.

Wow is it so hard for them just to write "place this file here and this folder there" in a ReadMe ?

I've written in depth tutorials for other games for players to who didn't know.

It seems that aside from you,CommieDog from CNCLabs and the creator of KW Reloaded the rest just don't care.

One player even accused me of stifling new players because as the person put it "its people like you who complain its to hard" that turn players away.

Well I found that if you want more players then just answer their posts when they ask and that way you can keep them around.

Look at the Homeworld 2 community from which I am from.

That game is going on 10 years and it has very good modding support because people just as yourself helped.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was that who wrote that.
And there is no "place this file here and this folder there" as your include defines where that file is. You can have files all over your pc, in the web, or wherever, as long as you point to the right spot with your include.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum