Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 am
All times are UTC + 0
Scars Of War (2) by GeckoYamori
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject:  Scars Of War (2) by GeckoYamori Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Official Tiberian Sun Submission - 5th Place

Map Name: Scars Of War
Author: GeckoYamori
Site: Savage War (savagewar.co.uk), Project Perfect Mod (ppmsite.com), TiberiumSun.com
Best Rating On OMCs: <none>
Best Position On OMCs: <none>
Players: 2

Ratings:

Original Concept: 15.8%/20%
Ballance: 11.7/15%
Eye Candy: 23.4%/30%
Fun Factor: 12.2%/20%
Triggers: 8.4%/15%
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 71.50%
Valid Score: 68.33%

Clazzy's Position: 5th - 74.0%
Wes.com's Position: 3rd - 63.0%
The DVD's Position: 9th - 62.5%
Python's Position: 2nd - 90.0%
Carnotaurus's Position: 5th - 68.0%
-------------------------------
Final Position: 5th

Comments (Note: all maps were submitted to judges anonymously to avoid biased reviews, so the judges had no idea of who submitted the map):

-> Clazzy:

- 16%
- 13%
- 23%
- 12%
- 10%
= 74%

Comments:
Nice layout, but far too many civilian buildings, since it was repetitive and limited build space.
Lighting is good, and the ion storm lighting is... different.
Ion storm not really suited to the level, to be honest.
AI didn't seem to attack me in the slightest, oddly enough.

-> Wes.com:

Original concept: 15/20
Balance: 13/15
Eyecandy: 15/30
Fun factor: 15/20
Triggers: 5/15 = 63%

good layout, but the city’s look like they r only made to fill up the place
it duse not look good
very little tiberium

-> TheDvD:

- (20%) Original Concept:
Weighted score: 10%
Category score: 50%
Not much to say. Some good things to see on this map.
- (15%) Balance:
Weighted score: 10,5%
Category score: 70%
This is good. Both bases have different weaknesses and strenghts. However, in the long run, the left base has a slight advantage, having more room to build.
- (30%) Eyecandy:
Weighted score: 25%
Category score: 83,3%
This map is very nice to look at. The lighting is very well done, albeit a bit funky. The detailing is nice and the setting is quite realistic.
- (20%) Fun Factor:
Weighted score: 14%
Category score: 67%
Solid fun.
- (15%) Triggers/Scripts:
Weighted score: 3%
Category score: 0%
There is an ion storm trigger.
- (100%) Total weighted score:
10+10,5+25+14+3=62,5%

-> Python:

Original Concept: 20/20 - Map is fantastic!  Tons of detail and originality.  Very realistic!
Balance: 14/15 - Tiberium was the same at both bases.  Bases had equal building space.  Spread out fairly.
EyeCandy: 28/30 - The city adds to the already amazing detail enclosed within this map.  Although the same building side by side 5 times just doesn't look the best in some places.
Fun Factor: 15/20 - The Ion Storm added to this fun factor, you have to look after your base from the enemys and the storms!  Quite annoying, though part of the game.
Triggers: 13/15 - Ion storms made a nice challanging map.
Overall Mark: 90%

-> Carnotaurus:

Original Concept: 18/20
Ballance: 08/15
Eye Candy: 26/30
Fun Factor: 05/20
Triggers: 11/15
---------
Score: 68/100

Original Concept: A city, wonderful. Map's small,obvously a ruined city, but it's nice to play. very well executed for a 'urban' map.
Balance:Both bases are nice, you should probably blow up the few civvie buildings left there, though. The key is controlling Tiberium, here!
Eyecandy:A nice shot at a city in the Firestorm world we love. ALOT of copy/paste work to improve the 'ruined' feeling. Some tiling errors that are hidden(untill you blow up buildings, though.). Totally stupid that there even are C&C 1 bases in a city, though.
Fun Factor: Depressing. the AI does NOT work at all(I have no idea why.),so you are pretty much free to explore the city against a comp. Humans are different. Just beware of neutral shiners, and a wolverine or two.
Triggers:Ion Storm with no lighting. Pretty depressing to see in action.

Map ReadMe Contents:

<none>

Contestant Words When Submitting:

- Creator: GeckoYamori
Sites I'm active in: www.ppmsite.com www.tiberiumsun.com

Map name: Scars of War (2)
Theme: Desert/Urban
Firestorm required: No.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download it HERE.
This map can be mirrored by any participating site. Remember to credit the author of the map.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, I quite like this map. A full sized urban map.
And I think the repition of the buildings is quite realistic. When you go into a town (well I guess where you live depends on this..) but you will often see rows of shops of the same building. So I feel with this respect, it is quite realistic. Although as to whether it looks good all the time.. well I think thats just limited by the number of civilian buildings in TS.

And I agree with Carno, "A nice shot at a city in the Firestorm world we love." It does have a firestorm feel to it, and I really love it. It reminds me of one of the very early concept art for TS, where the Orca Transport is landed, with troops moving into a town.
I think its a brilliant, realistic map, and the Ion Storm's give it a nice twist.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI do attack

gay.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.34 KB
 Viewed:  11468 Time(s)

gay.JPG

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how did u do that kind of roads Confused did u use TS:TX?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI wiped my construction yard last time I played it #Tongue

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

yoursoluckyimcute
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how did u do the roads ?

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you mean the 2 square roads then they are copy pastes from the original roads. It was dad a tude who came up with that idea first.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Endly tested it, with the third map pack challenge.

Cool 2 player map with the city and Forgottens. But the Pink light when the ion storm, LOL...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon