Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
Mech Bot Tutorial (Voxel) (***)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject:  Mech Bot Tutorial (Voxel) (***) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ever want to make your own mechbots? Not good with SHP or doesn't have the skill in making it? But your good with voxels right? I hope so. Making a mechbot and animating it in voxel is very tricky. However, it depends on the size, the smoothness you want your mechbot to animate while moving. So in general it will be 3 stars.

To start making mechbots, you will need following of these parts.

*Body
*Leg 1
*Leg 1.1
*Leg 2
*Leg 2.2
*Feet 1
*Feet 2
*Any optional parts you want to add to make it more interesting.

I strongly recommend that all of the parts should be in a single voxel file for the best result. Because if you make a voxeltur or voxelbarl, they will not animate properly and will be a hassle.

To make it animate evenly as possible, here is the picture for each frame.

In frame one, you can see that frame one, both legs are not same mirror position. I recommend that all the mechbot should have one leg extending to the front and another leg extending to the back, because it will be less work.

In frame two, the leg are straightened up and feet is moved back slightly. I rotated the top leg 15 degree. Repeat this for the next frame.

Frame 4, that is when mechbot another leg step on the ground. It is time to pull up the leg up. As you can see that the feet is rotate upward slightly above the ground and legs follows it. It will take a while to tweak the position to try matching the feet and leg properly, not to mess it up.

Do the same for another leg. It is good idea to have feet moving back and forward at same space. (Such as 2,2,2 or -3,-3,-3)

If you want to do something more to make it more fun. You can make the mechbot body move upward and downward. For this tutorial, I used +.25Y and -.25Y.

I used 4 frames for this tutorial, although you are allowed to add more than 4 frames to any frames as you please to.

Once you sort it out, test it and see if you like it. If it's good for you, then congrats you just learn how to make Mechbot Voxel. And it will look like this.

Mechbot.gif
 Description:
Animated Mechbot
 Filesize:  670.67 KB
 Viewed:  7846 Time(s)

Mechbot.gif

Key Words: #Tutorials #Voxels #OSHVABuilder #TiberianSun #Firestorm #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #OpenRA #Graphics 

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!