Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
What's the best C&C game to mod?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What's the best C&C game to mod?
Tiberian Sun/Firestorm
71%
 71%  [ 23 ]
Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Generals
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject:  What's the best C&C game to mod? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's the best C&C game to modify? Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 or Generals? TS and RA2 are quite similar, since it's resumed with few inis, but RA2 has the annoying .csf file, limits with new sides and you have to place text on cameos, but it's not as limited as Tiberian Sun in unit abilities and it also allow game modes... something that TS doesnt allow. Generals has all the code spread in several ini files which are someway how linked and also Generals uses the w3d format for images and it's sort burocratic. But you can create new armours, superweapons, abilities which you couldnt do in old games... So, in your opinion, what do you prefer?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I havn't tryed to mod generals but i can guess how it's done and i think i'd prefer to mod ts.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

same

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey banshee, let me make the next poll. They are getting too C&Cish, and we are trying to make PPM a modding database for all games.

I voted Tiberian Sun/Firestorm, because I've never modded the other games.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, Tapek... btw, with this poll I just wanna know the second place, because in this forums, Tiberian Sun wins easily.. Wink

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried modding RA2 a while back, I absolutely hated it. As much as I hated RA2 already.

TS is definitely the best. And as for it being limited, it's not. I always say there's nothing that's impossible in TS. Even if you have to edit the friggin EXE to change something, it's still possible.

My 2 cents.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although RA2 has ALOT of .ini features i really wish where in TS, tons and tons infact

TS is 100 times better as it has the basis of being an amazing game

where as RA2 is an absolute crap game and only has the basis of being one unless u do total conversions

Like Red Generals.

Building upon the great RA2 story line (Yuri trying to take over the world by mind controling everyone) or the incredibly cool Giant Squid and psycic yuri aint really something i would waste any amount of time on.
I blame it on EA trying to reach the 1 to 9 year old market, as well as the market they already have. In a sense u cant blame them trying to tottaly change how C&C games play and look due to the poor sales of TS

but hang on a min, the poor sales of TS is 100% there fault too so they only got them to blame, not the brilliant TS storyline or features (even if over half of the great stuff was cut).

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea so SCREW EA
man you have no idea how pissed i was when i heard westwood was closing

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone like EA?

I certainly damn hope no one does

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate EA. They determine time limit to their projects be ready, only tries to get profits and doesnt care much to their customers...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, all you have to do to have supporters rally around you in a C&C forum (or pretty much any gaming forum) is declaim EA as the satan of the video game world.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to like EA... the old Fifa soccer games rocked... but after they buy Westwood and we see its decadence, meh... I started to be pissed on them, but then, they released a bugged Generals full of "Serious Error" and much other bugs because they had a time to release it, I took that as an insult to the customer that pays very expensively to the game. When I first played it, I liked it. The game play rocked, but AI sucked, it crashed constantly, had a bunch of ballance problems, bugged world builder, bla bla bla, etc etc... and my hate growed...

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strange, my Generals NEVER crashed... and no i'm not running it on a mega pc... just a 1.2 ghz with geforce 2 mx...

And about the balance... can't say much about that since the AI is so crappy... Wink (the cpu groups all it's units in one place so you can drop a superweapon on it Twisted Evil )

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like RA2/YR and TS/FS equally, I find modding them about equally easy as well.

modding Generals sounds complicated and I can't play it because my computer is 400 Mhz and 64 MB RAM, like Hellfire's. The best thing about modding Generals is that you can addd new superweapons and armor types, stuff we only dream about for TS and RA2 modding.

I don't like EA becuase they rush release dates, making their games' quatlity poor and they have bought out Westwood and Maxis ( the makers of Sim City ).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think ts mod for generals would own if it was totaly redone. voxels piss me off.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: my thoughts concerning CNC and EA Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a few things about generals. 1) its never crashed on me 2), the AI is a challenge for me... but I think I'm a crappy player 3) generals is a somewhat decent game, if you think of not being a CNC 4) the storylines dont match, as USA has comanches and it comes about 5-10 years before TD, and nod has apaches... think about it... use logic, and common sense 5) where are the walls??? think of the insulted walls!!!!!

TS is a great game, sure it has a large list of glitches, mistakes, etc, etc, but its storyline is great, the units are really cool, the weapons are introduced at realistic times, etc, etc...

HEY, EA ARE YOU READING THIS???? HAVE YOU READ THE CNC ENCLOPIEDIA???? YOU HAVE NO FRIGGEN CLUE!!! #Cussing out #Cussing out #Cussing out #Cussing out #Cussing out #Cussing out

Well, chaps, thoughts?

smiffgig, whater your name is..., can you E-mail me the new designs for the GDI APC, and the aircraft??

"Banned" RP here

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon