Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Albatross Heavy Weapons Platform
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [52 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As much as the new one looks all gunshipy, I kind of like the original. It seems more true to GDI. Albeit, the original looks a little improvised since it is basically a sort of dropship carrying an artillery gun, but I think it looks more like a Sun-era GDI aircraft than an actual gunship does.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Ehm... Are TS normals really capable of such level smoothing since you pick past TS range? I was under impression given the rather limited normals, it was mostly good for sharp normals.
Unless you mistakenly left RA2 normal index which do display oddly in TS...

I really don't know anything about normals, but it does seem like the voxel is using more detailed normals than TS voxels (it has 244 normal "colors" instead of the 36). And it does seem to appear correctly ingame, as you can see in the screenshots.

Darkstorm wrote:
As much as the new one looks all gunshipy, I kind of like the original. It seems more true to GDI. Albeit, the original looks a little improvised since it is basically a sort of dropship carrying an artillery gun, but I think it looks more like a Sun-era GDI aircraft than an actual gunship does.

I do agree the old one looked more futuristic, but I just wasn't feeling it since it looked a bit like a flying brick. The different looks of the Albatross can be explained by the fact that it's not part of the Orca family of aircraft as mentioned in the description:

GDI's airforce has always held an upper hand over Nod, both in brute force and versatility. While most of the modern GDI aircraft are based on the Orca production lines, a few alternatives pop up every now and then.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon