Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
Voxelgeddon 2013
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [109 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We need to get some money flowing to this site and then distribute some of it to the content creators according to how good their work is.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr wrote:
We need to get some money flowing to this site and then distribute some of it to the content creators according to how good their work is.

Then can you pay me $100 for each voxel I release? #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll make a news post when I get home. I keep forgetting...

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, i could enter this one...

A month is OK.

Also, all voxels of the contest will be released for better of community and judging, yes? Wink

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I will enter this one.

And yes, I am still alive, and yes, I haven't logged in in like 1 year, and posted in like 2...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember Dupl3xxx!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dupl3xxx wrote:
I think I will enter this one.

And yes, I am still alive, and yes, I haven't logged in in like 1 year, and posted in like 2...

Ahh, it's you. #Tongue Yes, enter.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3 Days remaining!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know. I just ditched my bus instead of something else. Very Happy

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot about this. Embarassed

Gonna to whip something really fast and cool.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crap, I didn't get the chance to do anything. Oh well, maybe we can have a mapping comp. or something in July?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How many entries have we got?  I'd hope for more than just me and Hassan #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5 currently.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kinda lost interest on the competition actually. And the voxel I was working on for the competition I sorta changed my mind and thought I would keep that as an exclusive to Colony Wars now though.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's silly to have competition with no prizes. Maybe with OpenRA there will be money flowing in finally since the associated websites don't make profit. If total conversions are made for OpenRA then the modders have the right to make money from their mods finally I hope you all know. Right? OpenRA should have ingame advertisement to make money.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well an idea would be a gift over steam. I got about 20 DOTA2 keys and a 50% discount for Duke Nukem 3D that I could offer.

Well another idea would be, I say what sort of voxel I want and if it wins I would gift a 10 euro steam product to the creator. just as an idea.

Last edited by OrangeNero on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr wrote:
It's silly to have competition with no prizes. Maybe with OpenRA there will be money flowing in finally since the associated websites don't make profit. If total conversions are made for OpenRA then the modders have the right to make money from their mods finally I hope you all know. Right? OpenRA should have ingame advertisement to make money.

No. OpenRA community is actually weaker, and it also does not have the interest to create money.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr wrote:

If you want to submit a prize, be my guest. I can't afford to submit cash prizes or make donations these days, at least since I started paying rent. Man, I have a crap job.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
No. OpenRA community is actually weaker

At this point. That might change one day.

Deformat wrote:
and it also does not have the interest to create money.

That's not the goal of the OpenRA dev team, but I think ViPr was more talking about what is possible (in theory). Making a commercial mod/game based on the OpenRA engine is possible.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr wrote:

Believe it or not, it's hard to find a suitable prizes except virtual things to get attention.
"make money from their mods finally"
That's BS to make a profits from OS.

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's what I submitted. I'd like to see the other submissions.

Y-Wing_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.54 KB
 Viewed:  5599 Time(s)

Y-Wing_000.gif

Y-Wing NEW.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Y-Wing NEW.rar
 Filesize:  11.67 KB
 Downloaded:  49 Time(s)

Last edited by 206UE on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:42 am; edited 4 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a small reminder:

Quote:
[*]3) Voxels must be new and exclusive to the competition, previously released voxels or Westwood edits will not be accepted.

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir, I feel that I've boarder-line broken every rule designed for this voxel competition. I have posted another version of a similar shaped voxel, but even though they appear similar they were both built separate, and entirely from nothing. Secondly, I did want to alter it after I submitted it. Oh well, who cares, they are voxels they're for fun. Let's have fun.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a difference between someone breaking the rules of a contest and this same person breaking the rules of the contest and inciting others to break the rules as well.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have now entered. 24 min to go

EDIT:
I might be living in the wrong timezone. s***...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh crap, thought 30th 24:00 GMT.

Dammit, ah well, next time.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Dammit, ah well, next time.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I smell that those 5 will be good, extra good.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shame so many people missed the contest or were to late to submit there voxel

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@dodgevipergts
Timezones and shit you know.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hopefully I'll do it today and finish it before the deadline comes.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It just past the deadline.

I'm looking forward to see the results.  Last minute -turn ins as always Smile.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do not know what you have made, but I can smell good voxel!
And maybe winage!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've extended the deadline to the 8th of July, now those of you that claim your voxels weren't submitted in time have no excuse. #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, cool, okay. Then I go back to mine and finish it. #Tongue

=======================

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I've extended the deadline to the 8th of July, now those of you that claim your voxels weren't submitted in time have no excuse. #Tongue

And oh, let us submit second voxel since you extended the deadline. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm afraid that 206UE's entry has been disqualified due-to breaking the third rule, as Banshee has already pointed out. Whilst the competition was indeed over then, the results still hadn't been posted by myself. Sorry, but I don't quite grasp why you did that in the first place when you were well aware that I was going to post all of the voxels publicly in a few days time.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Oh great! I definitely have some free time this week. I can still enter the competition, right?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, go ahead.

Note, to make things more clear, I have added a new rule to the list. 206UE, you may make a new voxel and submit it, but the previous one will no longer be accepted.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn I forgot about this.. been away for the past week volunteering.
I had a pretty cool idea, guess I'll release it separately

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh... I guess i'll finish mine too I guess. Colony Wars will be Public Resource in the end once I finish it anyway...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa lot of new submissions are coming.
I started mine but I think I wont do it because its not so highly professional.
I am not Zero18, Atomic_Noodles, LKO or others, so it would be better if I skip it.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not long now, folks.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know... but I sent in mine already this night. #Tongue

=======================

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So can I post my Voxel now? Since its also one of my new Units in Colony Wars and I can't actually put it up since I may get disqualified if I posted it too early?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wait until the results are posted...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quite funny to see that Aro haven't even read the PM I've sent my entry in so far...

=======================

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once again, the result is being delayed. Sad I think Aro didn't downloaded my voxel that I sent yet.

Let's start riot! no, not really.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should always expect the results at least a few days after the end, of course. The voxels still need to be distributed and harshly judged by myself and Morpher. #Tongue  I'm disappointed by the lack of bribes tbh.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Quite funny to see that Aro haven't even read the PM I've sent my entry in so far...

Maybe he is preparing for Aronvasion Very Happy
And this competition is just only mask to move our attention from real motivations, until he is secretly working! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [109 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!