Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Voxelgeddon 2013 Results
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject:  Voxelgeddon 2013 Results Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone! I have posted all of the voxels that were submitted to Voxelgeddon 2013. There were 8 voxels submitted altogether!

I, Morpher and OmegaBolt have tested and reviewed every voxel and I have posted them up for download at our Voxel's Section. Here's the ranking. Click at the name of the voxel for detailed review and map download:

1st: Dread Dragon [RA2/YR], by Conman - 81 points
2nd: Ion Platform [TS], by Orac - 71 points
3rd: Concept Tick Tank [TS], by Hassan_2030 - 64 points
4th: Apocalypse Tank Remake [RA2/YR], by Dupl3xxx - 61 points
5th: Yurified ATT [RA2/YR], by Atomic_Noodles - 56 points
6th: Flying Tarantula [RA2/YR], by Zero18 - 55 points
7th: Tiberium Wars Concept Fire Truck [RA2/YR], by Asvinx - 48 points
8th: GD Truck [RA2/YR], by Graion Dilach - 30 points

Check out all of the voxels submitted in their respective threads in PPM's Voxel's Section. All of the voxels are available for public download. All files that were submitted to me are in the download files themselves, including those that submitted gif's, concepts, custom screenshots etc.

Last edited by Aro on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

please fix the urls.
-first place is linking to second place topic.
-the link to voxels section isn't working too and misses "url=".

None the less, nice work on the contest. But now have a break and a beer mr. work-Aro-holic. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've fixed the links.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae, I am disappointed. I though that you will be in competition like always and get first or second place and kick some asses with Scrin/Alien stuff like always. And you haven't been judge, so  I do not get it why you did not make voxel.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no 3ds max currently available.
no time
no interest (SHP contest yes, but not voxel)
i've also never been a voxel creator (it was always more like side product like "i made a 3d model, lets see how it turns out with 3ds2vxl")

As nice as the voxel are, i must also say that i'm a bit disappointed that all of them are again such static more or less box shaped voxel as always: no interesting walker section, tread animation or some crazy new idea like a multi-section snake movement.

Public SHPs

Tools

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
no interesting walker section, tread animation or some crazy new idea like a multi-section snake movement.

or millipede.
Which again brings up point that you should jump in and create such unit. Mad
(you and just you can do that, it is in your blood)

Although, fair play to Zero18, he had the most weird idea. His voxel has legs actually and it hovers regardless of legs Razz
hahaha! (and Zero18, I told you to recolor any alien you make into black)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratz to everyone else entered. But seeing the results and my complete failure with those pink dots... (which I still don't know where did they came from considering that I thought I made my check with the correct vpl) I am not certain if I'd made the right choice with entering overall.

Ah whatever, good job, people.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good work, all.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't be ashamed of your score in this contest. Use it to gain experience and create better voxels in the future.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
I am not certain if I'd made the right choice with entering overall.

In a contest, the more the better.

Though I admit, when I first saw your voxel I thought "huh, did he really made the nyan cat?" o.O

Public SHPs

Tools

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
I am not certain if I'd made the right choice with entering overall.

Graion Dilach,  Mad
What the hell are you talking about?
Voxel is good, you are only one who made civilian truck. We have tons of tanks but we lack at civilian vehicles.
Also, it is your first voxel.
You are the last place, but you at least entered in competition and deserved to be last place. Actually we whose could create voxels and did not, are last place in fact.
Biggest failures here are me, LKO and Bu7loos in this competition.
I for example even almost finished voxel and was ready to release it, but I did not in last moment, because I lead one theory that its better to leave voxels to professionals, rather than create comedy in competition with my voxel. And LKO and Bu7loos did not have time/lost interest/did not have 3DS Max/did not have this/did not have that/ or found other excuses not to create voxels (Aro even extended deadline once), and in fact did not sacrifice their time for greater good, at least to create mess with judging Very Happy (with their voxels it would be harder to pick winner).
Zero18 and Atomic_Noodles had enough courage to create something weird, unusual and risk with those voxels which deserves blurb.
That guy got disqualified, but at least created voxel for competition too.
My voxel got about 90% finished I suppose, and I stopped working on it.
So, even last place, you shown better this time than few of us, especially me.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not my score... it's the fact that I totally missed out that what I did the final check with was Apollo's tweaked VPL and not plain RA2... which caused those pink dots. -_-

One thing is entering with a lame voxel and another is to entering with a voxel with a such nooby mistake on it.

Also, it wasn't my first voxel. Not even my first released one. I made an Allied WarFacto already and this http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30238 which proved me already I can't plan out details on my own and this time I had no time to find and follow a design. -_-

Guys, really, don't say a word. It was a too damned lame attempt and I'm in shame that in the end I got blasted by myself.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it, we all make silly mistakes and to be fair most of us know you like to toy around with modified VPL files anyway so it was assumed the pink dots were somewhat related to that. If you personally think it was a lame voxel then just keep up practising until you're happy with the results you achieve.

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like Atomic_Noodles' ATT and Hassan_2030's Tick tank.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

206UE wrote:
I like Atomic_Noodles' ATT and Hassan_2030's Tick tank.

True that Very Happy

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shame I forgot about that I was using Apollo's palette which fixed those pinks.  Laughing

I was aiming to keep on how the turret of the actual AAT on where it was. (Though that sort of explains why they didn't bother to show much of its turret rotating)

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats to Conman. That is really a wicked voxel you have over there! I like it. Good job to everyone who submitted their voxels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!