Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
YR Map Generator
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject:  YR Map Generator
Subject description: YR Map Generator
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why does the Yuris Revenge random map generator suck in comparison to the Tiberian sun one?

I remember seeing someone having posted one that they made, i'm wondering if theres a customly made one out there?

I use Final Alert, I'm just looking for some sort of a Generator so I can massively produce some more desert maps are can be edited again in FA2

thanks,

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Custom made map gens? Nope. Doesn't exist AFAIK.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use imagination.
You can make a snapshot of a generated.com, patch it up in fa2...
I copied landscape from YR mission maps and mixed it into my own map.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The generator in YR / RA2 is exactly the same as the TS one. For some reason, some features have been broken and / or disabled (e.g. urban areas, streets and bridges, which Ares re-enables, but doesn't entirely fix).

Probably to simplify it, there are a lot less customizable parameters as well. IIRC, they are randomized everytime you generate a map instead. I always wonder why developers do things like this...

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do i need to say more? #Tongue

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mevitar wrote:
Do i need to say more? #Tongue

yes #Tongue
TS/FS team didn't made RA2/YR #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The engine is the same (well, a fork of the TS engine).  So WW coding wins the day.

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
Use imagination.
You can make a snapshot of a generated.com, patch it up in fa2...
I copied landscape from YR mission maps and mixed it into my own map.

Hi RP,

What do you mean take snapshot of generated.com? does it mean when we play YR mission then press print screen and save it and open it with FA2?

Thanks,
utudh

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It means, using Ares, (I don't know if NPatch or whatever has this) use the "Map Snapshot" function. This takes a snapshot of the current map and saves it as some type of .map file. (Don't know if it's YRM, YRO, or just MAP.)

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is .yrm, and I've used it too. Works very well for terrain purposes. If you're trying to edit a mission or so, there will be no ScriptTypes.

/ppm/'s stupidity

utudh
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
It is .yrm, and I've used it too. Works very well for terrain purposes. If you're trying to edit a mission or so, there will be no ScriptTypes.

So RP, is it a software? If yes, could you provide me a link to download the 'Ares' software. It definitely will save a lot of time on designing. Thanks

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://ares.strategy-x.com

When running Ares, in-game go to controls and then keyboard, select Development and assign a key for map snapshot.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon