Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
Temperate Theater
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [285 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these look good.. something I can't place though, perhaps to green?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think so anyway, I'd think we need a variety of green trees for the healthier areas too.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would love for a forest fire!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got a few more done within the hour:

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium needs to start doing its job.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow they turned out really well, only thing is tho is it makes some of the maps look a bit too healthy etc, needs more dead & brown ones #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed, I'm not finished with these yet. #Tongue

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can donate you some tree models if you like.

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep the healthy ones for Globotech/Green zones.
A few more dead ones would be nice, and maybe a tiberium infested one too.
They look great on the new terrain!

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lord Unforgiven wrote:
Keep the healthy ones for Globotech/Green zones.

And of course the healthier trees would fit the Twisted Dawn period too, showing the player how Tiberium has affected the world so quickly.

btw great work boss. Smile

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These turned out better than I expected Very Happy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since tiberium trees can have a custom spawnrate of tiberium, we should definitely think about adding a large variety of infested trees, which could then spawn much less tiberium than the primary tibtrees but still one or 2 patches after a long time. (these could be also done destroyable contrary to the immune primary tibtrees)

In this connection we should also think about creating blue and red tiberium trees.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look too living in my opinion. They just don't seem to fit the other terrain as well as the previous trees.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Since tiberium trees can have a custom spawnrate of tiberium, we should definitely think about adding a large variety of infested trees, which could then spawn much less tiberium than the primary tibtrees but still one or 2 patches after a long time. (these could be also done destroyable contrary to the immune primary tibtrees)

In this connection we should also think about creating blue and red tiberium trees.

I really like that idea. I tried it myself once, but failed #Tongue
But I would make them partly inaffected by forest fires ...

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only see 1 maybe 2 types of trees that actually look out of place, other than that this is some really good terrain.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe I know which Trees you are referring to, those have already been replaced.
Here is our set of Blue Zone Trees: I'll get some images of each new tree type in their habitats soon.

We have plenty of Tree Sets to chose from:

- Green/Healthy
- Green/Half-Healthy
- Yellow/Dying
- Brown/Dead
- Burned/Dead
- Broken/Dead
- Bushes/Healthy
- Bushes/Dead
- Cacti
- Flora/Mutated

Last edited by Aro on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that looks better.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree, That image looks great. the darker ambient light makes alot of difference on how it looks. Well done!

I want to see more Razz

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you make use of the ones I sent you?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, not yet anyway.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm loving those new civilian buildings Very Happy at quick glance, I sure thought it was RA2, and those trees match well with the terrain.

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Dirt Roads, I'm so glad I've finally gotten these off of the to-do-list.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think i preferred the old dirt roads

Those little black rocks just look abit odd and out of place, especially as they are on a road..

The fauna looks great, really fits well for temperate areas

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like them. And they're not really roads, just tracks created by constant use rather than being intentionally produced.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO too many.

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't say whether they're better or not than the original, but they do fit the terrain. I don't mind the rocks in the example map here, but they might stand out in another environment.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well. I kinda like the fact it fits the other terrain now...but at the same time I think it blends almost too well. At first quick glimpse I was like 'wut dirt road? all i see are pebbles on the...OH WAIT A MINUTE'

So personally...if I had terrain making talents, i'd make it stand out a tiny bit more, and would probably reduce the amount of rocks on the roads or at least put more of the ones already there to the edge of the roads rather than in the center if possible. And would certainly use them more on the parts where the dirt roads kinda go faint for a bit.
For example on the original dirt roads this would be pieces like DS3 where it's one full and long piece but the middle of it looks like the Clear LAT.

But as of right now, to me the rocks in the road look more like a 'well let's throw our small rocky detail on the roads to make it look different as lets face it it's only a dirt road there's bound to be rocks in it!'

But it certainly is an improvement from the standard dirt roads that stuck out in a bad way in TI's terrain. So good job.
EDIT: Oh btw, some guest on Tibweb posted an error report there on a topic. Figured i'd say something.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the middle of a road is always least used, so it makes sense some rocks would stand out. Also, like Bolt said, they are more like tracks born out of constant use, not built in a sense. I agree, the pebbles will make the roads stand out depending on the surrounding terrain, and thus I'd give them a brown tint, to blend with the road more.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a tile with a tiberium fiend roadkill. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some more new terrain details. Improved shores and rocks.

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  946.21 KB
 Viewed:  10541 Time(s)

Untitled.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These new shores are really neat. My only comment goes to the natural water bridges - I would prefer if they consisted of clearly shallow water.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice

Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey...can you point me to the editor direction forums...unlike warcraft there is no terrain and when i click something it remains a white screen...and there seems to be no button to do anything about it as far as i know v.v..

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Create a new map or open an existing one. It doesn't start in edit mode.

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Really like it! Looks a completely new game! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [285 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon