Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
Building a Bunker
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
scorpion091178
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject:  Building a Bunker
Subject description: How to get a USA Ranger to Build
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am wanting the USA Ranger to Build the Fortified Bunker from the Infantry China General,  the Rangers don't have to do any actions just want them to build it.  I have already got my USA Dozer to build it and was hoping I could just put it in the Ranger Command Set but it didn't work (don't know why) the button is there (in game) but it not selectable.

what am I missing??

Also how can I get the Emperor Tank (from Tank China General) to start with the Battle Bunker and not the Propaganda Tower but also still be able to upgrade with the Gattling Cannon??

Thank you

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) You want the Ranger to build it like the Worker does? Do note that it can build/repair any structure then, and not just the Bunker.
2) Bit hard, as the propaganda tower is already part of the Emperor model itself (unlike the Overlord where they are separate structures). You'd need to update the model for this one to work properly.

scorpion091178
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Dutchygamer

Yes I want the ranger to build like the worker but can still act like a Ranger too.

As for the overlord I might just add the code from the Humvee that can carry infantry and then make the overlord only be able to upgrade with the gattling gun.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scorpion091178 wrote:
Hi Dutchygamer

Yes I want the ranger to build like the worker but can still act like a Ranger too.

As for the overlord I might just add the code from the Humvee that can carry infantry and then make the overlord only be able to upgrade with the gattling gun.

1) You need to look at the Worker's codes, and copy the necessary modules to the Ranger code (be sure to give the modules unique names, or the game will crash). You also need to add DOZER to the Ranger's KindOf. I'm not sure if you can disable the gathering resources part of the Worker code, you'll need to experiment with that. Also, don't forget to update the Ranger's CommandSet so it has the option to build a Bunker.

2) That is indeed the code-wise solution, but graphic-wise you still have an Emperor tank with a Speaker Tower instead of a Bunker. Your choice though #Tongue

scorpion091178
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modules unique names??  does this name have to reference to something else where or can I make something up?

as for the over lord I decided not to use the Emperor just the basic overlord, so that I don't have the Tower.  I have copied the code from the Humvee but it doesn't want to work (I have updated the command set on the overlord too both the default and the gattling upgrade set) I removed some part of the coding from the overlord (can't remember what it was now and I at work so can't look.) and I could get the men to enter, exit and fire within but what I selected to upgrade the gattling gun It did the normal building thing but when it was finished the gun didn't appear I had to replace the code I remove to use it again, but then the men wouldn't enter.

I will update tonight what code I took out.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*thinks*
The problem with the original Overlord is that the Bunker and Gattling Cannon are conflicting upgrades. Best solution (if you didn't already) is to scrap the Bunker and Speaker Tower upgrades, leaving the Gattling Cannon.

As for the code not working properly, the stuff you need to get the Bunker idea working:
Code:
; Transport module from Humvee
Behavior = TransportContain  ModuleTag_youruniquemodulenamehere
    PassengersAllowedToFire = Yes
    Slots             = 5
    DamagePercentToUnits = 100% ;not sure if the original Bunker let it's passengers survive when destroyed, change this if so
    AllowInsideKindOf  = INFANTRY
    ExitDelay = 250
    NumberOfExitPaths = 1
    GoAggressiveOnExit = Yes
  End

;add this to the Overlord/Emperor's KindOf list
TRANSPORT

Do note that the normal Overlord model (as with the Emperor) lacks the model/firepoints. The model lacking isn't that big of an issue, but lacking the firepoint bones can be more of a problem, as this means all of the infantry fire from the center of the Overlord (instead from the Bunker).

scorpion091178
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have done what you said and the bunker works but when I try to build the gattling cannon, it doesn't appear and ideas??

I have attached the code for the overlord I'm using

Thanks for all your help on this

overlord.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  overlord.txt
 Filesize:  8.3 KB
 Downloaded:  72 Time(s)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't see much wrong with it. Perhaps the OverlordContain and TransportContain modules conflict with each other, making the latter (TransportContain) overwrite the former (OverlordContain).
Try removing the TransportContain module as a test and see if the upgrade works again?

scorpion091178
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have tried it and without the transport contain the gattling cannon appears on the overlord so it must be that conflicting with each other, might just leave it and only have the bunker upgrade on.

as for the ranger becoming like a worker I start working on that now hope I get that to work

thanks for your help might need it again in the future.  wasn't sure if anyone still worked on Generals now as it is quite old.

scorpion091178
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i managed to get it to work I merged the two behaviors together and created this.

Behavior = OverlordContain ModuleTag_06 ; Like Transport, but when full, passes transport queries along to first passenger (redirects like tunnel)
   Slots                 = 6
   DamagePercentToUnits        = 100%
   AllowInsideKindOf     = PORTABLE_STRUCTURE INFANTRY
   PassengersInTurret = Yes ; My passengers ride in my turret, that's where the Firepoint bones are
   ExperienceSinkForRider = Yes ; I get the Exp for things my turret friend kills
    ExitDelay = 250
    NumberOfExitPaths = 1
    GoAggressiveOnExit = Yes
 End

now I can upgrade with the Gattling Cannon and enter 5max people. the only problem is that they don't show up on the overlords buttons and the only way I can get them out is to click on the Evacuate button. this is fine for me for now maybe I take another look at it at a later date.

working on the ranger/worker now will let you know how it goes.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scorpion091178 wrote:
i managed to get it to work I merged the two behaviors together and created this.

Behavior = OverlordContain ModuleTag_06 ; Like Transport, but when full, passes transport queries along to first passenger (redirects like tunnel)
   Slots                 = 6
   DamagePercentToUnits        = 100%
   AllowInsideKindOf     = PORTABLE_STRUCTURE INFANTRY
   PassengersInTurret = Yes ; My passengers ride in my turret, that's where the Firepoint bones are
   ExperienceSinkForRider = Yes ; I get the Exp for things my turret friend kills
    ExitDelay = 250
    NumberOfExitPaths = 1
    GoAggressiveOnExit = Yes
 End

now I can upgrade with the Gattling Cannon and enter 5max people. the only problem is that they don't show up on the overlords buttons and the only way I can get them out is to click on the Evacuate button. this is fine for me for now maybe I take another look at it at a later date.

working on the ranger/worker now will let you know how it goes.

After some double-checking I indeed came to the same conclusion, as this is how the Helix works as well (able to carry troops and have upgrades).
As for the inf not showing up: change the CommandSet of the Overlord to contain the buttons for inf to evacuate. I suggest looking at the Bunker Overlord CommandSet.

scorpion091178
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got the ranger to work so now he can build.  thanks for overlord help will look at overlord bunker at later date.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So we have a remaining problem of an Overlord tank with both a bunker and a gattling cannon?

The issue is as follows: The overlords sub-turrets(propaganda tower/gattling/bunker) are portable structures in kindof. Simply put unmoddified the Overlord can only carry a portable_structure, no infantry...

The Overlord bunker upgrade works on a quite ingenious way where the infantry are carried in the bunker, rather than in the Overlord.

So the issue becomes a problem of wanting to transport both a portable_structure and a group of infantry...

Now for a solution:
-make the overlord start with the bunker
   -> add the bunker in the contain module as default payload.
-We make the gattling a seccond turret that's added with a weapon upgrade, sortof like the humvee gets an added missile launcher with the tow missile upgrade.
   -> Now to get this to work we modify the second weaponset to hold a generic gattling weapon(no longer AA and anti surface versions).
   -> We make the gattling turret upgrade cause a visual upgrade on the Overlord and to upgrade it's weaponset(already happens in default code). And we need to modify the ai_update_interface with a seccond turret.
   ->Now for the visual upgrade we modify the draw module(s) and connect in the "condition = weaponset_upgrade" the Gattling cannon model to the Overlord, like the Technical's weapon is connected.

Now i don't know if my explanation makes much sence or if it will really work, but that's how I'd try to get a overlord with Gattling and bunker.

good luck trying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon