Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:15 am
All times are UTC + 0
RotD's AI
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Grey_Ghost
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject:  RotD's AI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI level 3 is the hardest to beat right? So far I've seen some odd things playing RotD. Both NOD and GDI build some really good bases that can be tough to crack, but their offense is seriously lacking.

I played against 7 AI's the other day for about 5 hours (was enjoying making bases) who really seemed to be determined to rush me with a mass of Buggies any chance they got. They seemed to use better units against themselves more often, and when they did send some against me they were too few to make any kind of impact. They don't seem to use engineer APC rushes anymore either, but I guess base defenses would make that pretty hard (unless they combine it with a tank tush). They also don't use aircraft in any great number, usually 1 at a time.

My setup for base cracking as NOD:
A mass of Light Tanks (6-8+) guarded by APC's (4-6+) followed by a mass of SSM's (6+) to bombard base defenses. I leave Artillery at my base for defense, too slow and fragile in a big fight. I need the APC's for quick Infantry kills, since trying to maneuver Tanks in an AI's base will usually bring them under fire of Obelisks/AdvTowers etc. I've tried Buggies instead of APC's but they seem to be a primary target for enemy armor. The SSM's are great for destroying the defensive structures, but you really have to babysit them, else they will destroy your own army. It's pretty rare for me to lose any SSM's, they are largely ignored if other units are around. I used to bring Recon's for Air Defense, but the AI never seems to have more then 1 Orca/Apache which I destroy soon as it goes to reload.

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well actually playijg against AI is way too easy

they build up a quite nice base, so that you have to at least have an army like you described, but it's so simple, cause they as you mentiones never build challanging armys...it's quite easier to fight as gdi, but also as nod you get along pretty easy.
that's why i'd appreciate the ai using their money on level 3 to build lotsa tanks and air or whatever...jsut being creative.....ok...i forgot - ts-ai Very Happy

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, real opponents are more fun to fight than AI's.

I tried getting online, but TS crashed every time... LAN worked like a charm though.

And is it me or does the GDI AI never build advaned power plants?

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Yeah, real opponents are more fun to fight than AI's.

I tried getting online, but TS crashed every time... LAN worked like a charm though.

And is it me or does the GDI AI never build advaned power plants?

no they do not at the moment

erm...are there people playing rotd online? guess it's not showed whos playing what mod, right?
i only enjoyed rotd online gaming in games that were set up with my friends

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It just gave the Dreaded Internal Error from the moment I was connected to XWIS.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe that has to do with the filename of dawn.exe.. modify the registry of your TS install..

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turned out it does the same with normal TS -_-

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try win95 compatibility mode

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did. Tried all compat modes Sad

Grey_Ghost
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back on Subject...Can the AI be improved at all? Playing online really isn't an option for me. I'm not looking for any miracles here, unless getting the AI to use more/better units requires a miracle.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can make the AI as hard as you want, it's quite easy infact. To make in more intelligent is WAY harder.

Grey_Ghost
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Currently in RotD it goes basically like this:

AI attacks with 2 to 3 units usually a mix of Tanks/MRLS & some lesser unit (btw I don't remember seeing any AI building mammoth tanks in my recent skirmishes). Way too small of a force by any means.

AI attacks with 8 or more Buggies. It uses this attack way too much, and is utterly destroyed each time. I don't think it should ever use this attack when the Tech Level is at max.

AI attacks with one Orca/Apahe at a time. One SAM site is all you'll ever need.

AI attacks with steady streams of cannon fodder (infantry). They have basically have no hope of breaching any defenses, especially since they are sent in 4 to 5 man squads at a time.

If they would mass tanks/rockets they might actually present a workable offense.

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grey_Ghost wrote:
Currently in RotD it goes basically like this:

AI attacks with 2 to 3 units usually a mix of Tanks/MRLS & some lesser unit (btw I don't remember seeing any AI building mammoth tanks in my recent skirmishes). Way too small of a force by any means.

AI attacks with 8 or more Buggies. It uses this attack way too much, and is utterly destroyed each time. I don't think it should ever use this attack when the Tech Level is at max.

AI attacks with one Orca/Apahe at a time. One SAM site is all you'll ever need.

AI attacks with steady streams of cannon fodder (infantry). They have basically have no hope of breaching any defenses, especially since they are sent in 4 to 5 man squads at a time.

If they would mass tanks/rockets they might actually present a workable offense.

welll....there's something i found out...i guess Very Happy

at onlineplay die AI can be really tough...i just returned froma match 3 on3 and it was not easy!
(on skrimish i win against 4 AIs on my own)

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do a skirmish on big game hunters with 7 ai's..

those buggy rushes sound easy..but on bgh...that shit adds up after awhile with 7 ai's pounding you with them..

subXaero
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eternal2u wrote:
do a skirmish on big game hunters with 7 ai's..

those buggy rushes sound easy..but on bgh...that shit adds up after awhile with 7 ai's pounding you with them..

on skirmish the AI likes to fight each other...so itÄ's not so tough to play, but in onlineplay it's like they allied are all off to my head Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon