Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
PPM forums no longer support HTML in posts.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject:  PPM forums no longer support HTML in posts.
Subject description: We've fixed some BBCodes as well in this process.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone. Ive been working on improving our BB codes recently and, due to bugs on our forum software, I've decided to completely cut the HTML support in posts. Before doing that, PPM forums supported <center></center>.

However, we are compensating this problem with a couple of changes:

- Links are more flexible and things such as this crazy link are now accepted.

- You can add emails like THIS.

- You can add texts with line through.... like this.

- In order to center text, you should now use this:

Code:
[center]My Text[/center]

I.e.:

My Text

And code is less restrictive now. XML codes seen in C&C3 are fully accepted (which is really the main reason to disabling HTML here).

Code:
<StatusBitsUpgrade
       id="ModuleTag_UpgradeWeaponX"
       StatusToSet="WEAPON_UPGRADED_0Y">
       <TriggeredBy>Upgrade_TheWeapon</TriggeredBy>
</StatusBitsUpgrade>

If you had posts with HTML code inside it, you should edit them to fully fix them. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's good to see the whole feature of centering text isn't gone, just altered. Too bad this has affected almost every post at our site. I don't think Aro will be pleased Neutral

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro won't notice it Wink.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had to manually trigger an edit on most of the TO threads which used <center>.  The posts all had been automatically altered from <center> to [center], but they only expressed the tag correctly after I clicked the 'edit post' button.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, i've used a MySQL query to update every <center> to [center], however, the database itself stores an additional information at the bbcode to validate it and this information is different at each post. I tried to edit it manually in the database to add it in one of the linea pig posts and things didn't work well. So, it's faster to simply hit edit post than edit post and every center tag by hand.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: I've edited every post that used <center> to use [center].

Also, I've improved the img bbcode to allow you to force the width of a image.

I.e.: in order to force a image to have 500 pixel width, add a =500 at the img tag. Here's a sample code:

Code:
[img=500]http://www.ppmsite.com/rotd/screenshots01/SCRN39.png[/img]

And other samples:

This code restricts images to 600px wide, our limits for the PPM's frontpage.

This sample restricts the image to 400px wide, used by many people who used img html code in purpose back in the old days.

Now we are restricting the image to about 300px wide, so we can add two images side by side in the site.

And that's it for now. I'm still fixing old posts that used HTML code.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is a awesome feature!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Err... I've completely edited my previous message, since I've noticed that it is just better to keep every image under img bbcode. It's better than creating a bunch of variations just because of one parameter.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still an excellent feature so people don't have to make separate thumbnails.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree. Good thinking!

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More efficient in terms of bandwidth usage etc. to make separate thumbnail images though. Still, useful if such things are of no concern.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is what I'm still doing with the news, Starkku, unless the picture is just slightly wider than 600px.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that image code is really useful. thanks Banshee.

Any chance you could improve the attachments and have such a feature there too.
example topic here
when viewing this on my laptop, i always have to scroll to the side to read the text.

Or maybe allow such attachments to be invisible, so the poster can link to them in the post itself and show them in the correct order at the right place.
This would be useful, since the attachments are often in a complete different order (especially when you reupload or change some of the attachments)

offtopic: that crazy link in the first post looks like it leads to an Açai site. Damn i miss this stuff.

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome! Good job. I wish this had been done such a long time ago. Razz

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Banshee: what do you suggest using for map previews with image files of sizes above 4000x3000 pixel?
Better create a separate small preview image or use the new img functionality and use the big preview directly?

\Edit
just tested it and separate small preview seems better.
No 20MB download just for a small preview.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Any chance you could improve the attachments and have such a feature there too.

What I can try to do is to force a thumbnail system for attached pictures. I think the forum has already that thing implemented, but I've disabled it a very long time ago and I don't remember the reason.

Quote:
@Banshee: what do you suggest using for map previews with image files of sizes above 4000x3000 pixel?
Better create a separate small preview image or use the new img functionality and use the big preview directly?

\Edit
just tested it and separate small preview seems better.
No 20MB download just for a small preview.

Create a thumbnail and link the big one there, otherwise the server will lag like a freak and users will complain at your topic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!