Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Sleep Mode and Infantry Facing
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject:  Sleep Mode and Infantry Facing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've noticed when I place infantry on a map and change their mode to "Sleep", they will always face directly East ingame - no matter what directional value I give them. I've tried both values 0-7 and 0-255 (0,32,64, etc.). Is this another bug in FinalSun with no fix?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

another option to try is to put em facing in normal mode, then use a trigger to make them sleep as soon as the actual game begins. Even if it works though, it might be a pain in the arse if you have a lot of infantry to set

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's no action to put units to sleep, unless you mean making team(s) that has the particular script. But yeah, like you guessed I have a ton of infantry on the map, this would require a huge TaskForce (and team).

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you check the map in a text editor?
If the direction is set to 0 even though you set it to 64 or something in FinalSun, it is a bug.
If it's not, the game most likely does that, just like new units are always facing to the south-west when spawned.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon