Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
DTA Lives - 1.12 Progress Update
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject:  DTA Lives - 1.12 Progress Update
Subject description: Revealing some information about DTA's current state and its future.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's been a long time since the last update. My latest news post was 16 months ago, and that's way too long of silence in my opinion. During the time we've mostly posted new maps, and we've also had some breaks when we haven't posted anything for multiple months; maybe some of you have even thought of DTA being dead. Well, that's far from true.

In the meanwhile, we've actually made quite a few discoveries about the engine in addition to adding more maps into the game. Implementing these discoveries has taken a bit of time - but we believe they're certainly worth it. You'll see some of those below.

Graphically, one of the more important changes is what you see in the pictures above. That's right, we've converted TD's water animations for the TS engine. That includes not only the basic water animation, but also all other water-related things like water cliffs, shores and rivers.

For gameplay, there's a lot of improvements as well. Units with overlapping roles have been tweaked, the AI isn't that insanely difficult on Medium (AKA AI Level 1) anymore offering a much more balanced experience for most players, while the Level 2 AI has again been made stronger providing a very nice challenge for the most experienced players (especially on Comp Stomp -- getting slaughtered together with your friends is much more fun than getting slaughtered alone!). Talking about the AI, I might as well add that the AI is now also able to use ships (click on the image to view it in its usual size):

The teleporter system in Comp Stomp maps has also been replaced with a completely new system, leaving no dependence on the player manually entering their MCV into the teleporter. Instead, there are no teleporters; right in the start of a Comp Stomp game your MCV will automatically fly into your real starting location (engine wise, this is done with some scripting on friendly invisible carryalls). We have also added text triggers for convenience to people who haven't played DTA or Tiberian Sun before and as such don't know the hotkeys. See the image below for a demonstration.

There's also a very large surprise incoming with 1.12 which we won't reveal yet. It has actually taken most of the development time for 1.12, and with the long development time, you can expect it to be something fairly big. I can only say that 1.12 will really extend the game - in an awesome way Wink

The release isn't far away anymore. We won't discuss strict release dates, but expect 1.12 to be here soon. In the meanwhile, we will continue posting updates like maps and other content changes until we are ready for unleashing the next major version of DTA. Before that, you can still enjoy the very polished 1.11 which offers plenty of fun and which has been downloaded about 20,000 times as an estimate during its almost two-year long lifetime.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking super awesome!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That MCV flying away looks funny #Tongue

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My prediction is right. There will be 1.12 of Dawn of Tiberium Age ROFL! and ohhh that MCV is knocking my socks off I don't know how you guys do it with CNCnet or something, either way, ROFL! anyway, thanks for the AI brutality reduction in AI Level 1 Ramp, I find it difficult to compensate during the fight.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's clever with the invisible carryalls

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah his discovery gave me some ideas too.

It's convenient that the comp will immediately deploy their MCVs, so that the carryalls will only grab the human players

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come to think of that this is even better than those "teleporters".

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Teleporters also took far longer for me to set up for every map, so good riddance Smile

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent as always DTA team! Looking forward to the official release! Smile

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks seriously cool!

PS: Why does the oil barrel appear when the construction yard deploys?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's part of a work-around to possibly give GDI and Nod separate construction yards with their faction logos on them like in some of those TD beta screenshots, but I haven't found any good source images to rip the art from yet.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, Nyerguds linked me to that one earlier today. I tried to recreate it, but then realized I couldn't maintain the correct perspective for the Nod logo when the hatch opens, so I'll probably need assistance from a 3D modeller (so I'm not sure if this'll make it into the release).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!