Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
Shifted War Areas (8)
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject:  Shifted War Areas (8)
Subject description: By drive
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another awesome map created by drive for DTA 1.12.

Click on the minimap to see a larger preview.

Trivia: The size of the map is 200x200, so it practically shares the title of DTA's largest map with LKO's Tiber.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Trivia: The size of the map is 200x200, so it practically shares the title of DTA's largest map with LKO's Tiber.

Ingame viewable area of Tiber is bigger #Tongue

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Ingame viewable area of Tiber is bigger #Tongue

By half a percent, yes #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, i have to find a way to make tiber use the biggest possible size of 256x256

look at the radar, unused space left and right gives a good impression how much FinalSun prevents us from using. Half of the bottom unused area needs to be moved on top.

\Edit
Tiber is now 208x214 #Tongue (ingame viewable size is 202x204)

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Taking precautions to prevent Tiber from losing its position at the bottom of the list? #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be good if we could get much over the 208x214 size. A massive island map would be nice.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The engine would need to be more optimized for that though, the ingame performance on Tiber is already often tediously bad.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think on Tiber the biggest problem causing lags, are AI units getting stuck somewhere and then starting every second the calculation heavy path-finding algorithm.

Sometimes you instantly notice a speed boost after nuking a group of AI units on a bridge and this way freeing the rest waiting there too.

Since the new version of Tiber has in many places the new wider bridges, the AI shouldn't get stuck that often anymore.

@j4m3sb0nd: i think there is a way to create 256x256 maps even with the current FinalSun.
-changing the X dimension, moves the map upwards/downwards as this affects the topleft and topright corner of the map which seems to be the anchor for the following rows of cells. (so this is bad for manually changing the size)
-changing the Y dimension, only makes the map bigger to the south, without breaking any waypoint or relocating any placed terrain Smile
-FS can open 256x156 maps fine Wink

assumption (someone with IsoMapPack5 format knowledge correct me if i'm wrong)
-new terrain is added to the bottom of the section

with the above mentioned facts/assumption, you could theoretically create a big 256x256 map with FinalSun and a texteditor.
1. create 2 separate smaller maps (256x100 and a 256x156 map) that FS can handle
2. use a text editor and append the IsoMapPack data from the second 256x156 map to the bottom of the first 256x100 map.
then change the first maps size to 256x256 with a text editor

Public SHPs

Tools

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why hasn't someone done this?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

laziness?

I also think not many know that the game supported max map size is that much bigger than the FinalSun max map size.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's also that while I could do a huge map, I enjoy fast-paced medium sized maps more most of the time, so I do small to large-ish (Frozen Wasteland, my largest map, is 120x120) maps while leaving the huge maps to others Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon