Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
Harvester Strike
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject:  Harvester Strike
Subject description: Harvesters don't want to harvest
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Found this bug:
At one point, when making my map, the AI harvesters stopped harvesting.
They did before with the "Harvest" option set, now I can't force them to harvest even by script.
The only way I got one of them to harvest was by telling AI to build it, then 1 of 3 built harvesters started harvesting.
I can't tell too much since it's my contest map (no spoilers also).

I don't know if I should leave this here (or if I'm allowed to ask questions about contest map stuff), but I didn't find a better place for this problem.
Never happened to me before but I have neither made a real Single player map before.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

check your map if you have ore placed on impassable terrain and this way killed the pathfinding for the harvesters.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not that beginner, maybe I never made a serious SP map before (just multiplayer maps looking like singleplayer),
but in my map I was careful with even tree placement. I checked, no sign of misplaced ore. If there was any on impassable terrain, it would just be inharvestable.

I did neither add nor remove any ore since I finished the terrain work,
and they stopped harvesting when I started having many triggers, patrols and simlar mapping stuff. Just suddenly when I was testing once they just stopped doing anything.

If I told a spawned harvester by script to harvest (Do this -> Harvest), it would just drive onto the nearest cell with ore, and stop on it, doing nothing.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like it doesn't have a Refinery to go to, or not knows it has one to go to.

Atleast, I recognize the behaviour. It is normally seen when you lose your Refinery: Miners just stop.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the AI had 2 refineries both before they stopped and after.
Now when I am finishing everything they got 1 more, but this happened somewhere when I started making lots of triggers and scripts.
Also, I did try to make the harvester spawn/get built later in game.
And as I mentioned, when I told AI to build 3 harvesters, ONE of them started harvesting, the rest just stand there.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have a "change owner" trigger on something and switch by accident the refineries owner as well?

Do you have a "all to hunt" script/trigger which happens to select the harvesters as well and gives them an attack command?

I guess the only way to find out the problem, is to disable one trigger after another and check at which point the harvester go crazy.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is only one change house, but in a script.

All to hunt comes very late ingame, at the second the enemy is losing.

The question is not when, since they don't harvest AT ALL at ANY time.
This bug attacked me when I was making some mid-game triggers, but I supposed I will have to check every trigger if I got time one day.
If I won't find anything wrong (I am quite carefull with what I do), but issue remains, I guess I will find out after the contest when the maps are published.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Without the code, it would be a guessing game.

Check out the dock field for ore refinery.

As you say too many triggers, try disabling some [Tags] entries for say patrolling and then test.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I can't post anything from my map, since it's for a contest.
If none of those work, everyone will be able to take a look when the maps go public.
I can use some other option for AI to gain money, like offmap oil derricks or very high starting money,
the harvesters are there pretty much for it to look nice and give some life to the AIs base.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon