Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My plan for Ares 0.5
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [173 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is not supposed to stop immediately. I implemented it the same way TS did it. Repair bullets work differently, and they also add some flashing and all that. So the fact there is a difference is by design. Smoke just shouldn't go on and on.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, I wonder... when a player has silos, shouldn't the money from those silos be spent first and just then from the global account?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then there would be no need to have silos at all, because building-aborting-building-aborting would then transfer stored tiberium as credits to the bank account. Right now this design problem isn't exploitable beyond the cost of the most expensive item you can build.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not much going on here...

A little later than expected, the RC1 is now available. It comes with complete documentation, but a few things will most likely be shifted around before the final release comes out in one or two weeks. If nothing goes wrong, that is.

edit: Almost forgot to mention what is now to be done... Just use this RC for modding. Test combinations of logics, be creative. If something definitely isn't right, post here. Also if everything works as documented. If the documentation is weird, impercise or wrong, post also. RC phase will be 10 days or so. That way, it should be out for the northern solstice and derived holidays.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tested GroupAs on all three types of Engineers.

Select+T selects them all as intended.
T+Select only selects the same TechnoType.

I'd like to point out that T+Select allows to select buildings of the same type on whole map while Select+T doesn't. This is how it is in vanilla and might be useful info in the future.

Action 98 works, doesn't crash, I hear the sound.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have started trying the tiberium logics, and would say that tiberium spill and tiberium remains really could use some option to choose which tiberium type is left.

In my case, I keept ore and gems in my mod, and added tib as 3rd resource, and added all those heal and damage features to it.
Now when something got tiberium remains + tiberium heal, I get some craziness like heals in tiberium and leaves ore when killed...

Also when harvester collects the tiberium (or gems) and has tiberium spill, it looks a bit strange that he leaves ore when destroyed.
If I remember correct, the harvesters in tibsun would leave tiberium vinifera if he had it stored?
Other than that, it seems to work fine.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium Spill for units only spills the first type, same as Remains. It would be easy to change this back in November (when I worked on the branches). Now it will be a feature request for the next version.

Ares 0.5 will be out soon, then the planning for 0.6 will start. I'll open a thread for it here, as I did for 0.5. A possible solution would be to make the type of spawned tiberium customizable. A more difficult solution would be to spread the exact contents in the harvester.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible to enable the ActiveAnim's that the refineries have without having to enable silo logic?
If not then can you add customizable storage amount and maybe setting it to infinite?

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Tiberium Spill for units only spills the first type, same as Remains. It would be easy to change this back in November (when I worked on the branches). Now it will be a feature request for the next version.

Ares 0.5 will be out soon, then the planning for 0.6 will start. I'll open a thread for it here, as I did for 0.5. A possible solution would be to make the type of spawned tiberium customizable. A more difficult solution would be to spread the exact contents in the harvester.

In my opinion, the Tiberian Remains would need customization the most, since that would also allow some level of control of what harvesters drop too,
by using tiberian remains instead of tiberian spill on the harvesters.

I suppose that harvester dropping exact content is something that would be nice to have, but isn't necessarily needed.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But surely a harvester always dropping the first ore type is just as bad as dropping ANY ore type regardless of whether it contains it. You either want it drop what it contains or you might as well leave it and just organise your ore types correctly (ie most common being the first type which is dropped).

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

Yes for 0.6.
And I agree with Agent Zero, it would be nice if remains and spill are customizable which tiberium types are spawned.
I would use it.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where does the AllowMultiEngineer=true text go? I guess it doesn't go under MultiplayerDialogSettings in rules.ini

thanks,

EDIT:(I just installed ares 5 and things working well so far, just not sure to this one

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix: [UISettings]AllowMultiEngineer=yes in uimd.ini. This is indeed not mentioned in the documentation. I'll update it.

---
Thanks for all the comments and the testing, guys! Ares 0.5 has been released officially. Now I'll be enjoying some days of contemplation, with bug reports which are hopefully few in number.

Before I sit back, I'll open some discussion topic for planning the next release.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news! yes, expecting thread for 0.6

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks alex and yeah I'm definitely looking forward to the next thread,

Is this not right?

Last edited by Kamuix on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You probably missed the empty line from the ini. The last line ain't get read. That happens with every INI in this game.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow you're right thanks

This works for those who are unsure:

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh... you don't have to list it twice. You just need to leave another (unused) line at the very bottom. Just press enter a few times to give yourself some space, or stick a semi-colon or something recognisable so you can see where the end is.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True that, i'd hate to ask another question but how does Ares run in cerjuncsion with CNCnet? I don't see it anywhere in the documentation

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why should it be documented? It's Windows knowledge, not Ares.

cncnet.exe launches Syringe.exe with all the required parameters applied.

=======================

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok so it can be done thanks and yeah I had a feeling it had something to do with Commands with cncnet or the exe, Ill take the question to the CNCnet forums and post the commands here for anyone else who might be unsure

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Uh... you don't have to list it twice. You just need to leave another (unused) line at the very bottom. Just press enter a few times to give yourself some space, or stick a semi-colon or something recognisable so you can see where the end is.

Is this like that funky jazz with MP mode INI files requiring something at the tail end? I always used a dummy entry like my name. Worked fine for me. If this is something else, I'm curious to know what it is.

Steam

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or, just put something like [PISS!] as the last line, or whatever curses at westwood you prefer for missing such a daft bug.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [173 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon