Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New downloads available and Renegade supported at PPM!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject:  New downloads available and Renegade supported at PPM!
Subject description: Kane will now live with mod SDKs, World Builder, movies from TS/FS and much more.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello brotherhood! We've recently extended our left menu (as well as our graveyardmobile site) with an additional game and several downloads.

The game is Renegade, which is supported with the Other Games Modding forum, as well as Public W3D, 3D Models and Public Camos and Textures forums.

The downloads.... there are many. Let's start with the games first. We have a link to CnC Communications Center for downloading the full Tiberian Sun game for a while. Right below it, we are now hosting the movies of the game in a huge separate installer.

Also, many games now have a section called Starting Tools, which should have some basic tools for that game that every modder must have. So, we've added to that section Final Sun, Final Alert, mod SDKs for many C&C games and Worldbuilders. Note however, that the version of WrathEd (the community's mod SDK for Kane's Wrath and Tiberian Twilight) is not the latest one (1.07 Gamma). The gamma one has disappeared from the internet and, in my backups, I only have the 1.06 or older versions. So, we are hosting the 1.06 one until somebody uploads the latest version somewhere. I don't know why Bibber or whoever is responsible for these files like removing the latest version before a new one is released. Considering that this is the only tool that can be used to mod KW and TT, it really must be available somewhere.

And finally, we've reorganized the order or some sections and subsections in the site to make it more coherent.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would certainly be news to find myself supported here... Wink

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade wrote:
It would certainly be news to find myself supported here... Wink

*404 humour not found*
*404 newbie tolerance not found*
#Tongue

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 4xx series of HTTP status codes are client errors, not server errors. Very subtle but correct placement of the blame. #Tongue

To steer this back on topic: Banshee, how do these changes affect the generic, YR-interested PPM-visitor?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They may download the latest version of FinalAlert at PPM.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade wrote:
The 4xx series of HTTP status codes are client errors, not server errors. Very subtle but correct placement of the blame. #Tongue

To steer this back on topic: Banshee, how do these changes affect the generic, YR-interested PPM-visitor?

Oh damn you and your server knowledge #Tongue

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: New downloads available and Renegade supported at PPM! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Note however, that the version of WrathEd (the community's mod SDK for Kane's Wrath and Tiberian Twilight) is not the latest one (1.07 Gamma). The gamma one has disappeared from the internet and, in my backups, I only have the 1.06 or older versions. So, we are hosting the 1.06 one until somebody uploads the latest version somewhere. I don't know why Bibber or whoever is responsible for these files like removing the latest version before a new one is released. Considering that this is the only tool that can be used to mod KW and TT, it really must be available somewhere.

As the one who created the tool in the first place I deleted Bibbers stuff out of two reasons:
1. I don't have the edited source files and there were a lot of things broken by Bibbers changes (more than they added).
2. I cannot get them because Bibber and me don't go well together anymore.

I expected WrathEd 2.0 to be done and released months ago but a lot of personal issues prevented me from continuing my work on it. At the moment it looks like I get my life back on track and will probably start working on it in the near future.The one person with the version that has the most bug fixes etc is probably the one working on the Kane's Wrath community patch and 1.2+ maps. There were some small errors in the game definitions (happens when one tries to convert 100+ files a day by hand) which he fixed for himself and by the time I just didn't had the head to collect all these. I suggest writing him to get the most stable version.
WrathEd 2.0 is a completely new program as the old one just wasn't able to support the features I planned to add and writing it from ground up was more sensible than the already hacky thing it'd became because of some important features I didn't think about when first creating it (or underestimated the influence it would have on some parts of the code).
Speaking of which: I added a screenshot of the new UI as the old one was quite a bit lacking and I'd like to hear if this is better so far (split hex and xml in tabs, properties, etc and I will add a few more things) if wanted I can also remove the custom style and just make it a standard windows ui.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Ju-Jin. Thanks for posting about it here. It's a pitty that things didn't work well between you and Bibber.

Anyway, I think you should leave a version of WrathEd that you trust available online, at least, while 2.0 isn't released.

And the new UI is looking very interesting. I like the custom style.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!