Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
Can I animate W3D models with max2012?
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject:  Can I animate W3D models with max2012? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can import the model but.......when I add a skin modifier and attached the bones, it cannot be animated anyway.

aaa.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.81 KB
 Viewed:  5841 Time(s)

aaa.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the coveted "Least useful post ever" award goes to....

Nikademis Von Hisson!

And my goodness, he looks pleased.  Doesn't he, Julian?  Wow, what an honour for this newcomer to be recognised for his efforts.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't quite get the idea of that site

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyway.....

I have no experience with W3D's, but this one seems to be acting like a Reference and not an Imported model, whereas references can't be skinned, boned, etc.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe theres something that doesnt work with 2012? try importing it with max 9.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only W3D importer I know of for 3dsMax is the one supplies with the Battle for Middle Earth SDK. At the time, it was made for 3dsMax 7. Afaik it should also work on 9, but I'm not sure of anything newer Confused

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've used the W3D importer with 3dsMax 9 & 10...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon