Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
Generals Modding Tools and Tricks
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:  Generals Modding Tools and Tricks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tricks
1) Make a backup of your Generals ZH folder in case you frak up or want to remove your mod.
2) The Generals Worldbuilder can debug your coding to some extend. Simply run it and it will give errors while loading. The _wb_DebugLogFileI.txt will give you some pointers to where the error may be. However, I recommend to use the ini checker below to debug better, as the Worldbuilder doesn't get all your coding mistakes (prime examples being the CommandSet and CommandButtons).
3) If you create your own .big file for your mod, remember two things:
-start your .big file's name with 0. This way they are read over the default .big files.
-the files need to be in the same folder structure as the original game to be read properly
You can also split up your mod into multiple .big files if you want.
4) Loose files will do just as fine for a mod as those in .big files. Just remember that they need to be in the same folder structure as the one in the original .big file before they will work.
5) When ZH crashes, it creates a file in your ZH user directory (where the maps are also stored) named ReleaseCrashInfo.txt. While not always useful, it can sometimes give you a pointer to where your error may lay.

Tools
Generals Ini Checker
Checks your ini files for coding errors, and has some extra checks like a duplicate hotkey and unused WeaponTypes checker.

Credits
Original by Creator (ModDB)
Download link

Generals Module List
A little helpful file every Generals modder can find handy. It contains all available Modules that are used in Generals ZH, with explanation of all possible tags.

Note that I uploaded it, as the one on FileFront is outdated by like 4 years (last updated in 2007 vs 2011 of this version). If I can find the original link of the 2011 version I will link to there.

Credits
Original by Deezire (Site)
Updated by moddingrocks/Chris/Kris (ModDB)

I do not claim any credit to the tools and files, I only want to share these as they helped me many, many times. If the links are dead, you have tricks/tips of your own, or have other useful tools, leave a message.

_ModuleList.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  _ModuleList.txt
 Filesize:  136.1 KB
 Downloaded:  379 Time(s)

chieves
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much obliged.
Can be really helpful for a newbee like me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon