Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 am
All times are UTC + 0
Generals Help
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
robertoproz1
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:  Generals Help Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some of you may have seen my thread in the tiberian sun editing forum, fantastic knowledge base - helped me greatly and now all i have to learn is how to make my own infantry/tanks from scratch what tools should i use to do so etc etc - noting the knowledge base i have seen in other forums on this site, I'm sure this won't be any different.

I am used to editing and modding by XCC mixer and notepad by now- but i came at a full stop when it came to generals, same basic idea same file placement put the ini file in the zh folder.. yay it works etc confusing as hell if you don't take your time with it and look at each file separately, However for the time being - time not being on my side, I have opted into using TibED for the... supposed.. simplicity of it.

downloaded it, installed it, used it, all pretty straight forward - timers set in milliseconds etc etc - units are easy to find as it was with the INIZH.BIG file - however - i was wondering how do i add new units to different factions using TibED? or is it simply a no go and then straight back to editing using XCC again?

Last edited by robertoproz1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:29 am; edited 2 times in total

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi pal I am sorry to tell you but apart from me no one in this forum will even see you as a sane individual for using tibed. Posting the very word tibed in here is like getting kicked out of an airplane with a USA flag inside your butt over iran.

I onl< modded TS & RA2 with tibed so far so I can't help you much with generals unfortunately.

I'll may see what I can do for you thou.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I'm not as harsh as OrangeNero says, I do highly recommend learning how to mod ZH by hand instead of relying on a tool to do your coding.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tolerance of modders that defy TibEd (and yes, that includes me) is probably higher when it comes to modding C&C Generals, since (from what I can tell) it's far more complicated than modding TS.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
The tolerance of modders that defy TibEd (and yes, that includes me) is probably higher when it comes to modding C&C Generals, since (from what I can tell) it's far more complicated than modding TS.

I'm always surprised to hear someone using TibEd for Generals, as I always think it only exists for TS/RA2 #Tongue

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

funny thing is
tibed "2" never worked for me on generals

no changes ever were applied to game

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

robertoproz1
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well ive got it to work on the decade version of zero hour, changed the price of units train/build time and the amount of generals points per rank, couldnt change the launch times to half however. always got a not allowed to write, error.

so you guys suggest that i learn just using xcc mixer and final BIG? do I put all of the config settings notepads into the data>INI Folder?

I've Reinstalled generals zero hour. same modding rules apply to the decade version i suppose?

and i lold at the hate comments, i understand they are aimed at tibed  and not me Tongue could be mistaken.

2 days worth of testing and various other things, changed weapons etc etc.
is there any way you can change the amount of time a super weapon takes to fire for the opposing team? the AI to be precise.

for example - DR thrax on EASY difficulty has a one hour timer for his Scud storm. - the super weapon general is the same - and she has 12 minutes on medium difficulty etc - you get where im going.

so there must be somewhere where the difference is calculated- im trying to find the difficulty ini or something that contains that data with modifiers - but to no avail. any pointers?
#Onfire

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ini files retain their pathing from the big file, so yes.
Folder Structure is like:
Game dir
->Data
-->INI (contains most ini files)
--->Object(contains units/structures/debris etc.)

I use The First Decade myself, and the only thing that's odd about TFD is that some the models(perhaps also sound/textures etc) get loaded from the vanilla Generals folder. Learned that when i found my MG turret added Troopcrawler in Shockwave #Tongue

Hate comments are to tibed yes, some people in communities just bring suggestions a bit harsh. Tbh i tried tibed once with LOTR BFME2 but because of the sheer focus on infantry i wasn't bothered to actually start modding it, and i also didn't feel like converting my notepad work to tibed.

You want only the AI to fire the Superweapons slower? I think you then need to change the AI scripts(with worldbuilder), those tell the AI when to fire Superweapons. It's the scb? files in the Data/Scripts folder.

robertoproz1
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

basically when you play a generals challenge on hard mode - your superweapon timers coincide with the AI's - so lets just say that particle cannon beam is 5mins - DR Thrax's scud storm will be the same - on easy DR thraxs scud storm is around an hour - I usually play as the airforce general and send in my lovely auroras to destroy the super weapons.

so using the world builder - you can change the "challenge" scripts?
Id actually like the tank general to send a little more than 4 battlemasters and 3 emperors a time - i make mince meat out of them..

changed the map scrips .. even changed some of the terrain so the tanks get to my base faster - all funneled or a few more are funneled into an area - all infantry has been replaced with tanks Very Happy! however i dont know where im supposed to put my modified maps #Tongue

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maps will probably go in the <game root(with the generals.exe)>/maps/<name of map/level>

robertoproz1
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive tried that - in this case its the zero hour directory -

zero hour - Data - Maps
or/ zero hour - maps

ive even tried to put each map from the MAPSZH.BIG into a "maps" folder replacing the default with the ones ive modified.

i thought this would work since the game wouldnt even start if i only put the modified ini files into the data folder without the presence of the other files.  -

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon