Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hooked on Renegade X
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:  Hooked on Renegade X Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you haven't heard, Renegade X just released their open Beta, recreating an improved C&C Renegade on the UT engine.
Gotta say, it looks NICE. I've never played Renegade before, so it was an epic first to me, to finally drive a mammoth tank around.
There are a few balance issues, but it's been forgivable at this point; that's why they call it a Beta.
I encourage all y'all to download and play it, and give em some feedback on their stuff! I've been having a grand ol time on this game.

pp.png
 Description:
planted the ion cannon!
 Filesize:  758.6 KB
 Viewed:  11766 Time(s)

pp.png

domination.png
 Description:
I think Nod is screwed
 Filesize:  948.69 KB

domination.png

mt.png
 Description:
Mammoth tank rush!
 Filesize:  1.25 MB

mt.png

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

been playing ip nearly every day, it's ztyping fun, but it crashes really often, having high hopes for the new patch....aaaand i wish the gunplay was a little tad meatier....flame thrower doesn't appear to do any damage whatsoever.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's funny: I've promoted the game here on PPM by news posts, have the installer on my desktop, but still haven't played it.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tho....about balance issues and such and features, the dev team seems to be pretty stagnant about most things which is a bit disappointing

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
tho....about balance issues and such and features, the dev team seems to be pretty stagnant about most things which is a bit disappointing

I remember when TotalBiscuit reviewed it he was complaining that there was no Rifle Sway and walk rotation delay.  Laughing

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only played Renegade like two to three times, and the graphics were just so-so. But this looks effing delicious. Gonna try it.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You didn't play Renegade for the graphics, thats for sure. Hows the gameplay? Is it like the good old days?

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
blubb wrote:

I remember when TotalBiscuit reviewed it he was complaining that there was no Rifle Sway and walk rotation delay.  Laughing

yeah, thats not the problem for me, the main problem i have that you can unload a whole magazine of most guns into people unless its a sniper rifle, before they decide to die Very Happy i'd love atleast a bridge between new and oldshool, but the game feels in it's gameplay very odd. i know it was the same in the original renegade but thats what i meant with "being stagnant" it will put possible players off .

tho i'm also net very keen on the level restrictions, for example the invisible walls (fences) in the water and stuff on "islands"....makes it feel very confined....i'd rather have a bit more free roaming...

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
You didn't play Renegade for the graphics, thats for sure.
I couldn't get the hang of it so the graphics were the only thing that I noticed. #Tongue

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oi its fun. Nod owns. Just keep GDI pinned in the field, be at their doorstep more than they get to go to yours, and then an SBH expert slips into GDI's base unnoticed, he plants a nuke beacon = PWNGE. From there, as long as you keep control of the field and have your base mined at all times, its a slow downward spiral for GDI, one by one, the carefully timed and placed nukes keep on coming, and its GG.

AND unlike original renegade servers, you can switch teams! Every match is a Nod match. AS LONG AS YOUR TEAM KEEPS THE TANK LIMIT TO THE MAX AND HAS CONTROL OF FIELD. ztype! I can't stand the newbs on this game, this is the game where your whole team either makes or breaks the game. 20 vs 20, my boys better know what they're doing.

I usually just tank all game and keep the field, while I let the special forces do their thing.

- I agree, I want better flamethrower. I've been posting at their official forums, but their latest patch updates don't buff flamer, which is sad.

I played the old Renegade, ALOT, so I'm into Renegade X, its pretty much the same thing. Aim down sights can be useful, but its still a run and gun arcade game, the lulzy blue beam fest.

Here the snipers aren't as overwhelming as in the original renegade, but you can just tell that, for the tunnel fights, you might as well get a ramjet. The Ramjet, the undisputed champion of tunnel fights, especially on the map Islands, where the tunnels are long and simple.

Yah pretty good game. Can't wait till 64 player matches return!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

64 player matches are gone for a reason.  They were awful.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... because of immense lag.

127 player maxed out oldie renegade matches were CHAOS, my kind of stuff. Hilarious. So much shit going on at once, you didn't have to think, you just danced with it, it was awesome.

Nowadays, before the X came out, it was Jelly server on RenList, 25 vs 25. A 50 player match was packed with action.

Then again its a simple game, so it can drag on to be very tedious for the sober people, especially on the marathon servers.

Renegade is a very good drinking game, like flight simulator, or apache assault.

Don't get me wrong 40 player games are fine. But the more the merrier.

Renegade X devs deliberately shoved the max count down a bit because of vehicle lag. In renegade X, all vehicles are handled server side. Once they can fix their shit, 64 comes back.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A ton of polish, good SFX and visuals. Gameplay was not that much fun.

Typical match on a non-defense map:
Spam SBH
nuclear strike beacon
repeat 500 times

Typical match on a defense map
Knock out defenses
Spam SBH
nuclear strike beacon
repeat 500 times

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in extreme butt-hurt mode because they changed the Nod APC which was MAH FAVORITE UNIT EVER! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHH!!!

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What did they change with the Nod one?

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude the new one looks way better.

EVA's got a point though, it is pretty much SBH nuke spam.

But its damn fun doing it yourself! Sneaking by all those assholes, planting it when your gut says GO!

Classic Renegade, except you get to blow people's heads clean off, sometimes. Ragdoll effects are lulz.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The new one is a silly Stryker... how did Nod even got it at all? Old at least was only inspired by a generic APC and had Nod feeling.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
The new one is a silly Stryker... how did Nod even got it at all? Old at least was only inspired by a generic APC and had Nod feeling.

The same place Nod got the Apaches and M-110s (or G-6s in Renegade)? Or the C-130 Globemasters to drop their tanks at the air strip? #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are not early 21th century designs, while Stryker was made in 2002.

I mean, Stryker is newer what Nod had in RL design terms.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Those are not early 21th century designs, while Stryker was made in 2002.

I mean, Stryker is newer what Nod had in RL design terms.

The Stryker is very much a late 20th century design as it was based upon the LAV-3. I think it fits Nod perfectly and it makes as much sense as Nod having F-22 Raptors...I think it fits Nod more than the generic APC they had in Renegade.

Dutchygamer wrote:
C-130 Globemasters

The C-130 is called the Hercules this is a C-17 Globemaster

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchy wrote:
C-130 Globemasters

OUCH! you just poked me in the eye through the internet! #Tongue

At least you didn't say "Globetrotters" .. I've heard that one before. *shudders*

The Team Black Index

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not good combining IDs and names when it comes to planes who all look the same #Tongue
*hides*

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This new patch made the thing even less stable. Great.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To me replacing the APC with a noddified stryker is the ultimate expression of "not being creative." Let's just use a generic real life unit instead of designing our own. THIS INCLUDES YOU, YOU FAKING G-6 ARTILLERY HOLY SHIT WESTWOOD WHY DID YOU DO...

Ahem
Let me compose myself.

You can't call it a remake and choose to remake everything but ONE unit. It's a minor shitpicking issue, but it was my favorite unit design.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But the Nod APC just looks like it got another pair of wheels which for some reason makes the Vehicle obscenely longer too somehow.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm completely ok with the nod APC, i think it looks cool? geez, cnc fans can be realllllllly picky when something changes... Very Happy even with something so insignificant.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Literally everything is the same but that one unit. I don't understand the logic behind the change.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
Literally everything is the same but that one unit. I don't understand the logic behind the change.

everything has more details and the apc looks similar, i don't see where the problem lies Very Happy

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit are we really having this discussion

Also I think I spotted Tibeirum on grass.

FNNNGGGGHHHH

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:'D

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:

The medium tank, APC, Transport Helicopter and the "hum-vee" looks like their inspiration now the  M1 Abrams, M113, CH-47 Chinook and the HMMWV.

Though the vanilla Renegade Transport helicopter reminded me more of the CH-46 "Phrog" than the Chinook.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All the graphics are different, that's kind of the point. The original Nod Ren APC looked pretty fugly. I'd rather complain that C&C Renegade looked nothing like TD.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's some fun I had flying chinhooks around.. lots of action on the battlefield!
I just wish I didn't die so fast in the LZ

The Team Black Index

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oi, the new chinooks are good. Not exactly the flying coffin anymore. Many a times they swoop in over a building, a passenger jumps out and places a beacon as he falls, planting the beacon on a very hard to reach place... bastards. XD

I still haven't tried it yet, too busy being a tank and holding the line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum