Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Need small help in singleplayer map
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MirageFire
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:  Need small help in singleplayer map
Subject description: Crash with Singleplayer Map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there... im new in this forum and I need a little help with my "test" singleplayer map.

The problem is that I crash whenever i try to "click" on my singleplayer map.

So... what is a "must have" in a singleplayer map so it wont crash ?
Or is somthing wrong with the Mini-Map ? Since I already crash without loading the map, I crash just by click on it lol.

Hope somone can help me out :/
[/b]

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure what you mean. Does the map load and then crashes if you click on it?
Or you crash if you select it in campaign selection?

You really need a better description of the problem, and perhaps even post the map for easiest debugging.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

MirageFire
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, the map is suppost be be in the campagin selection list ?
My Map only appears in multiplayer selection list, how can I move it to the campagin selection list ?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MirageFire wrote:
Oh, the map is suppost be be in the campagin selection list ?
My Map only appears in multiplayer selection list, how can I move it to the campagin selection list ?

Rename the map's extension to .map (instead of .mpr), copy the file Battle(FS).ini into your Tiberian Sun directory from your FinalSun directory and add your mission into the file.

MirageFire
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a lot, that helped me really much now Smile

Two last questions though.

First, how do I find out what identifier name my map has ?
For example :
[NOD1] <---
CD=1
Scenario=NOD1A.MAP
FinalMovie=
Description=Nod-Campagin: Deus ex Kane

How do i find out what i should write there ? ( Marked with an arrow. )

Second, is there also a battle.ini for FS ? Or do I simply use the battle.ini for TS and FS ?

Thanks and sorry, I'm a noob at these kind of things.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you don't want to touch battle.ini/battlefs.ini for testing purpose, then replace the current map filename with
one of gdi1a.map/nod1a.map/fsgdi01.map/fsnod01.map and place the map in game folder. This will replace
the first map in campaign for TS/FS.

If the map has FS features then extract battlefs.ini from expand01.mix with XCC Mixer and add the new entry.
In finalsun folder it is named as _battle.ini by default. Rename it to battle.ini and add entry if it is TS only map.
Battle.ini is also available in local.mix inside tibsun.mix.

Identifier can be of your choice, just keep it short.

[Battles]
1=GDI1
2=NOD1
3=YourMapRef

[YourMapRef]
Scenario=YourMapName.map

MirageFire
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's working now, thanks Smile

MirageFire
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, have to ask another thing.

Why is every Multiplayer/SinglePlayer map I save, invisible ?

Dont get me wrong, I can see my maps with Final Sun.
But for example : I want to put my maps on a stick and continue my work on my other PC, I can't see the map in my TS Folder.
But I can open or edit these map when I use Final Sun.

( Sorry I've no idea how to place pictures here, but this is link for ModDB)
http://www.moddb.com/members/miragefire/images/final-sun

This is how it looks like when i use Final Sun, and when I try to drag them out of there, a message says that the file dosen't exist.
Someone knows how I can save the maps without having this problem ?
[/moddb][/img]

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Files/folder have lock symbol. Windows permission problem, get privileges (admin).

Can attach the image when posting.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

........ or if you upload it somewhere else you can just write this:

[img]picture adress in the internet[/img]

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can also navigate to your TS folder by going Start -> Computer -> ... -> SUN and then copy the files to your memory stick that way (by using Windows Explorer (don't confuse with Internet Explorer)). You need administrative priveleges in Windows to be able to do that though, as told by the lock symbol.

MirageFire
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again, thanks for all the responds.

@Rampastein You mean the whole SUN folder or only the map/mpr. files ? If you mean only the map/mpr. files, it wont work since I can't even get to see them.

@PillBox20 okay, thanks the next time I try that Wink

@E1Elite I've somehow got the full access of the folder by changing my control of the folder, to the same like the admin.
Still no results, I neither can edit, nor see them.

I've also tried ...

... using cmd but, well didn't work quite like I expected. Or better said, I forgot somthing importmant about cmd lol.

... running Final Sun as admin, and try to load and save it on a diffrent location than SUN folder. But I realized a funny fact that I "can't" see my map/mpr. files when I run Final Sun as admin, but if I run Final Sun without admin access, I can see my files and load/edit them, but yeah the "lock" sign still won't let me get these files on my stick since "it dosen't exist".

How exactly can you gain admin for a folder ?
I searched in google for similar problems as mine, but the solution is by using cmd. However my SUN folder is in C:/Programm(x86)/EA Games/Command & Conquer The First Decade/C&C Tiberian Sun
And as far as i can remember, cmd can only be used for folders in C:/User/Your Name.... and so on.

EDIT : Found another solution by downloading another TS/FS map/mpr and save it directly on the downloaded file. It did work and I was able to transfer my Map on my stick. But if possible, I still wan't to find an solution where I dont need to save on other ppl's file.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Login with an Administrator account, make your login account a member of Administrator group, if it is not already.
Start Menu -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users And Groups -> Users -> Select yours and modify.
Then re-login. That should give most of the access.

For padlocked files/folder:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17117/remove-the-lock-icon-from-a-folder-in-windows-7/
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/administrator-cant-access-folders-in-windows-7/7e15843f-9c5b-4ce1-8528-bd32da005ad9

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon