Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
Me modding stuff
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject:  Me modding stuff Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sooo I started modding YR about the last week of summer vacation (about early august) and made some progress by now.

So now I wanted to make a topic here to show some of the things I make, and maybe get some opinions about them.
So far I made 1 building (but many voxels) completely by myself on blender. It got an naval version too.
Im not good at shp stuff but the turret and naval turret are pretty simple and low detailed.

I am using Ares. So far, I didn't use any public assets, because I feel better when the units are something I make myself and it is original, even if its a little bit primitive.
Now I could use some help,(doubt anybody would care to help me with this mod...)  with the non-voxel graphics.
Maybe someday in the far future I make this a public mod, but that time lies far far away.

And again, I would really appreciate if I could get some help with this project, with those annoying SHP...

Last edited by Agent Z on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:31 am; edited 3 times in total

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could make a cameo for your naval turret if you want.  Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The texture on the turret could use some more work and maybe fix the the Turret as it looks like its sliding off from its base.

IIRC there were some mods that did introduce naval defenses but overall in recent mods its not done since it just clutters up the Armory Tab even more and as it is somewhat redundant since Naval Combat isn't a major focus in RA2 mods in general.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
The texture on the turret could use some more work and maybe fix the the Turret as it looks like its sliding off from its base.

Well, as said im useless with shp, and I have no idea on how to make texture (I know, hopeless), also im not really sure what texture is, is it the main "painting" of the surface? I barerly handle blender anyway...

And about the base, yes it looks a bit crazy, will have to adjust it a bit more I guess.

PillBox20 wrote:
I could make a cameo for your naval turret if you want.

Sure, if you want you can try. Just tell me what you need (Image angle/distance or blender file or whatever).

Last edited by Agent Z on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Texture/Skin on the 3D Model on the Turret as simply right now it looks like its just a bare-bones 3D Model without fancy textures to make it look detailed (i.e: metallic shine or rivets)

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FINALLY I managed to fix ALL the issues with this unit. 1st I made technical mistakes,
like not adding Turretcount=1 (since it had none, I thought I didn't need it), setting wrong stage values and stuff like that.
Then there were problems with the voxel itself (made a topic on that), but here it is the still unamed helicopter! Some info:

Its armed with a double machinegun, as well as light missiles. This heavy transport can carry up to 6 soldiers, while providing support to ground forces.
It's spesial tilting engines allow it to reach high speed compared to usual helicopters.

I didn't really decide which side will be using this, but an option is making it a country-specific units for a Allied country, replacing the NightHawk.

helicopter.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  243.24 KB
 Viewed:  8289 Time(s)

helicopter.png

mind.png
 Description:
Also remade the Master Mind!
 Filesize:  119.35 KB
 Viewed:  8289 Time(s)

mind.png

Last edited by Agent Z on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Mastermind looks ugly, with a lot of black holes. Fill it.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, I know what you're talking about. It was a shrimp that shuts its claw at supersonic speeds, creating a superheated bubble (a vacuum I think?), pretty much boiling to death any target within six meters. That's a pretty cool idea for a submarine. I applaud you. Smile

If I'm right it's called the Pistol Shrimp.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
That Mastermind looks ugly, with a lot of black holes. Fill it.

If you mean on the light-blue part, those are not black holes, but my bad voxels.vpl, which makes this color sometimes enter the gray colors, which might look like holes.
Will have to take a closer look at the vpl at some point.

Scorched Earth wrote:
Actually, I know what you're talking about. It was a shrimp that shuts its claw at supersonic speeds, creating a superheated bubble (a vacuum I think?), pretty much boiling to death any target within six meters. That's a pretty cool idea for a submarine. I applaud you.

If I'm right it's called the Pistol Shrimp.

Yes, I suspect its it. It was in a documentary on either Discovery or National Geograpchic some 4 years ago I saw it. Something like "top 10 something" animals I suspect.
If I remeber correctly, then yes it creates a vacuum in the bubble, and the reaction that happens with the bubble and water,
causes a heat/sonic wave in the water (note, I don't remeber what I saw on a program 4 years ago too well.).
The problem might be to how to explain that the sub shuts the mechanical claw so fast, but many things in YR can't be explained logically anyway.
For example how does a Magnetron have so much energy to lift a tank by magnetic waves, or how a Tesla Coil can fire the bolts so far?

I am sometimes trying to make references to modern science in my units, but in many cases I just leave it at science fiction.
One good example of this is the MagneForce.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hell, the American military has the ADS (or was it RAD)? Either way, it's a piece of equipment that causes severe irritation and is used to disperse crowds and such. It can be amplified, theoretically, to the point where the radiation becomes lethal within seconds, essentially boiling/cooking the target both internally and externally simultaneously. The target is left charred, like chicken that has been left on the grill for too long. Perhaps that may be a way to explain the weapon the submarine uses.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorched Earth wrote:
Hell, the American military has the ADS (or was it RAD)? Either way, it's a piece of equipment that causes severe irritation and is used to disperse crowds and such. It can be amplified, theoretically, to the point where the radiation becomes lethal within seconds, essentially boiling/cooking the target both internally and externally simultaneously. The target is left charred, like chicken that has been left on the grill for too long. Perhaps that may be a way to explain the weapon the submarine uses.

Wasn't that vehicle using microwaves for this?
I think I saw it on a program about modern weapons on Discovery Science some years ago.
It affected only the target person, but not anyone nearby.

The sub's wave (as mentioned before) has this I-don't-know-how-to-call-it radarlike dish,
to concentrate the wave more towards the enemy.
If it didn't have, then I suspected that it wouldn't be powerfull enought to sink ships at a longer range.
Also I wanted a sonic weapon on a sub for a scientific reason.
For quite some time ago I learned that sound moves faster through solid matter.
The more concentrated the material (In this case water and air) is the faster the sound can move through it.
Thats why I used it on a underwater unit, rather than a tank or infantry.

The wave loses strenght as it travels, which was done by using Degenerates=yes on the projectile.
This makes it much more powerful if it moves closer to the enemy, rather than firing from max range.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was having fun finding out that I placed some stuff belonging under warhead at weapon, and finally got some light on my lasers!
Still, the main gattling laser can't change colour, but the fragments and combat lightning can.

Also, I know that the base of the turret looks ugly and simple, but as known I am not good at shp art, and I got a bit bad final result after converting from blender.

The only problem is, I am having problems finding balance between a realistic bright laser deflection, and not making it too bright, so it almost hurts in eyes of watching it.
In other words, I can't decide how bright to make it. Some advice here would be helpful.

For those who don't know, I based the stages on the electromagnetic spectrum (on the visible colour part), as I have mentioned at almost the end (my last post there) of this topic http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36402 (I don't really know how to link to a specific post)

Additionally, I plan to release some repaired old leftover (unused) TD-TS voxels fixed for RA2 soon.  :)

Last edited by Agent Z on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might have been a little bit lazy with posting progress on my mod, so I suppose people think its dead by now.
Well, I can definitely say it is not. I have been working a little bit less than I did up to Christmas, partially caused by sudden lack of time.

Nevertheless, I have made quite some progress since then, and thought its about time to show some sign of life from my mod.

Below are screenshots of the new campaign map I started making,
and on them you will see the tank that takes the Apocalypse Tank's deserved place as the world's most feared offensive tank.
During the tank's development, it was named Apocalypse MK II, however at the testing stages it proved to be vastly superior to the Apocalypse, and therefore it was renamed to Armageddon Tank.

It's greatest strength is the heavy armor, which is made to be extra resistant to bullets and tank shells, causing the lightest weapons to do no damage at all.
Still, it is vulnerable to missiles and explosives.

DC Invasion.PNG
 Description:
In this mission, the Soviets have to keep the Pentagon under their control, and remove the remaining Allied forces in the Washington DC.
 Filesize:  703.12 KB
 Viewed:  7884 Time(s)

DC Invasion.PNG

DC Invasion2.PNG
 Description:
No, it is not only the map from the Allied campaign in RA2, it is that map glued together with the YR skirmish version of Washington DC.
The border between the maps would be at the middle of the road that goes from north-west to south-east in the skirmish
 Filesize:  768.73 KB

DC Invasion2.PNG

Tesla Tank.PNG
 Description:
This is a example of my work, I have made many more voxels than I might have showed in this thread.
 Filesize:  88.64 KB

Tesla Tank.PNG

Last edited by Agent Z on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why does that Armageddon Tank uses Allied scheme?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Agent Z
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is actually mostly colour 51(exept on turret), which looks a bit simlar to the soviet colours, but I maybe it blends too well with the Allied colours I used.
They were used to make the tank look more metal-ish and heavy. Here is a image where all of 51 is replaced by 73 (which apocalipse uses) + added some soviet on barrel end. Does it look better like this?

Armageddon 3.PNG
 Description:
In the mission like the last images.
 Filesize:  66.45 KB
 Viewed:  7856 Time(s)

Armageddon 3.PNG

Armageddon darksoviet.png
 Description:
This one was taken on a other map(tsunami).
 Filesize:  140.92 KB
 Viewed:  7856 Time(s)

Armageddon darksoviet.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!