Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
Gladiator Robot Tank
Moderators: freedom fighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject:  Gladiator Robot Tank
Subject description: "Ready for battle!"
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Type: Superheavy tank, unmanned combat vehicle
Armament: 125mm HPV Cannon (Standard Variant)
Armour Class: Heavy
Speed: Slow
Cost: $2200
Purpose: Multipurpose
Requires: Armour Facility, Technology Center
Strong against: Varies
Weak against: Varies

---

Additional Info
- immune to mind-control
- immune to radiation
- immune to toxins
- cannot function without a Technology Center
- cannot be crushed
- cannot be hijacked

---

The Gladiator Robot Tank was the most advanced weapon system developed by FutureTech that was unfortunately flawed. Field tests showed that it was a very specialized assault unit that couldn't effectively deal with rapidly changing battlefield environments. It was also costly to produce and maintain. Critics regard it as "the poor man's Apocalypse Tank" due to the iconic Soviet superheavy being better armed and armoured, costs just about the same, and can still protect itself from airstrikes to some degree.

Grossly impractical, mass-production of the Gladiator was cancelled but FutureTech was not going to let the Future Tank program, whose legacy lies with the Gladiator, go to waste. They went on to radically recreate the tank in an all new light. The new tank was known as the Unmanned Modular Assault Device (UMAD) and was very different compared to it's predecessor. Citing it as an improvement, the newer model's conventional construct was cheaper to produce and maintain as it shares a number of parts with other notable Allied tanks like the Prism and Guardian Tanks. It's turret was also designed using the same technology behind the Pitbull IFV, only simpler as it changes into other variants according to the infantry's technological clearance.

The Base model is armed with a 125mm Hyper Velocity gun firing discarding sabot rounds, capable of tearing through even the toughest tank armour with ease, making it a heavy tank destroyer of sorts. Basic frontline infantry like Enforcers arm it with a pair of 50mm Megavulcans, gattling guns that will massacre hordes of infantry and light vehicles. Higher tier infantry like Centurions arm it with the Skycutter THEL, effectively turning the Gladiator into a powerful anti-air artillery. This variant is often regarded as the middle ground variant as other than aircrafts, it can also be used effectively against most ground units. Infantry with the highest clearance level like Spies arm it with the Holy Diver Bunker Buster missile launcher. Affectionately named after a popular classic rock song, the weapon works by flying high and once it is directly above the target, it falls straight down on it's own kinectic energy, pierceing into the target and detonating from within. Naturally, it is primarily used against fortifications and garrisoned structures.

The new model was later proven to be a success over the previous one and high command is in the works of approving it for mass-production. Reasonably priced heavy assault unit that could be augmented to perform different specialized roles on the fly while being effectively immune to hazards like radiation and mind control? FutureTech knew right there that they've probably designed, produced, and sold what is possibly their greatest product yet.

credit: CyanideT  

Trivia: Inspired by the Spinner Drone Tank from the Act of War series. The bunker buster missile was armed after the song "Holy Diver" by Dio. Also, U MAD BRO

Last edited by freedom fighter on Wed May 21, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 3 times in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow I'm having trouble recalling even what unit it's originally from now. Cool unit though. I'm guessing it's practically an allied apoc?

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its based on this one.

Yeah this is the Allies' T4 tank. Its immune to mind control, but can't gain exp as it's weakness making it rather weak in the long run.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice but I would surely change the remaps away from edge of barrels, its always ugly.

Plus apply revised normals, it seems too rough in some parts.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adalah I remember now. Martinoz was asking help getting in-game shots of units. I just provided the screenshots for the vowel. :p

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the head potion looks like a terien from Gundam 00

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was actually thinking of generic Zaku cyclops heads when I made the head part.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UPDATE: Completely redesigned the Gladiator into a top tier variable unit. Not as tough as before, it's weapons are very powerful due to being rather specialized. Its turret changes according to the tier of  infantry.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew this voxel would raise some eyebrows due to how similar it looks like to MO 3.0's Aeroblaze. Though as Graion already showed, its a fanmade replica that still looks pretty different (for starters, its wider). The tracks in particular were poorly made so I had to remake them.

You MO boys don't mind if I use this voxel? I remember that the original Aeroblaze voxel from 2.0 has already been made public anyways.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ofc no probs, I am using said 2.0 voxel already. #Tongue

And I pretty much knew of this voxel a while ago (I just found it too messy for my like), due to my frequent visits of YRArg. Speeder did not, that's all.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what if 2.0 voxel has been made public? The 3.0 was not, it's irrelevant here.

After checking the voxel on YR Arg it does look like it might be a remake of 3.0 Aeroblaze and you did not use our voxel, but people will still notice that's a reskinned Aeroblaze and might write that you are ripping, without checking where the voxel comes from, be ready for that. That happens quite often on ModDB especially.

Funnily enough, the cameo for that Aeroblaze is definitely a rip.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
So what if 2.0 voxel has been made public? The 3.0 was not, it's irrelevant here.

After checking the voxel on YR Arg it does look like it might be a remake of 3.0 Aeroblaze and you did not use our voxel, but people will still notice that's a reskinned Aeroblaze and might write that you are ripping, without checking where the voxel comes from, be ready for that. That happens quite often on ModDB especially.

Funnily enough, the cameo for that Aeroblaze is definitely a rip.

I do recall telling you about this one. Infact, you were the one who told me -

Speeder wrote:
It's a remake of the original asset.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon