Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Soundcloud support
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:  Soundcloud support Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I was wondering whether we could get Soundcloud's API onto ppm... because that would make it so that people who didn't have the windows media player plugin could listen to sounds and such.

Is this possible?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, download VLC Media Player. It's an excellent media player and it has a plugin for most browsers, which I use instead of the awful windows media player.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know, I have it, but Soundcloud is just so much better...

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gistop wrote:
I know, I have it, but Soundcloud is just so much better...

I don't like my sound bites being AUTOPLAYED...

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soundcloud doesn't autoplay.... also, it would allow people to post playlists and such as well.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but how to disable auto-sync from FB if someone using FB??? i stalked my ex's soundcloud and it's history was recorded :3

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow.. um.. okay... Why would facebook linking be an issue? I personally don't have my facebook account hooked up.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need to know a sample of a soundcloud material being embeded in a site, before doing any decision of adding it or not.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This help?
https://soundcloud.com/pages/embed

And this is embed structure:
Code:
<iframe allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/icon/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fgistop&color=orange_white&size=16" style="width: 16px; height: 16px;"></iframe>

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nvm.. test.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, that embed does not help at all. It displays an icon that links to your SoundCloud profile. It is useless and it can be easily replaced by an image and an url.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound Cloud autoplays sound files. Plus I kinda dislike how your very limited to how much audio you can upload after which you have to buy more storage.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Autoplay seems to be an option there, but it is not an obligatory thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!