Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OS SHP Builder Windows 7 Problems...
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject:  OS SHP Builder Windows 7 Problems... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello there... I'l like to report a small problem I got with OS SHP Builder 3.36, When I open the application it gives a strange error:

"Access Violation at address 0052F26C in module 'SHP_Builder.exe'. Write of Address 00000000."

Someone knows how to solve this problem?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea. At least these words doesn't mean anything to me.

Check if the latest beta still has this problem.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Access Violation?
Maybe an admin issue like not having enough rights to run the application.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: About SHP Builder Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Banshee (Ou devo dizer valeu Banshee)... The new one you put here to install works perfectly... Doesn't give any problems... Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're welcome (de nada Wink).

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I found a new problem... My OS SHP Builder keeps corrupting every .shp file... Damaging frames, less the first, how can I solve it?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using the latest version (3.38 beta 6)? And what kind of .SHP files is it messing up with? TD or TS ones? And finally, are you trying to save these files inside Program Files or some kind of protected directory (Windows 7 might be a pain in the ass with these things)?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I have similar issues, I'll answer as well.
Banshee wrote:
Are you using the latest version (3.38 beta 6)?

Yes.

Banshee wrote:
And what kind of .SHP files is it messing up with? TD or TS ones?

TD definitely (XCC Mixer and OpenRA crash hard on them), TS sometimes too (visual corruption of files produced by XCC Mixer, since zaaz' changes sometimes the files saved by SHP builder crash OpenRA/XCC, too).

Banshee wrote:
And finally, are you trying to save these files inside Program Files or some kind of protected directory (Windows 7 might be a pain in the ass with these things)?

No. All my modding stuff is located on partition E.

It should be noted that SHP Builder itself can usually re-load shps that crash OpenRA/XCC just fine, so this is most likely an issue with how SHP Builder writes the file header.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn. I thought Zaazs changes really fixed the issue with the SHP TD header. Can you place a sample of corrupted SHP TD file?

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Are you using the latest version (3.38 beta 6)? And what kind of .SHP files is it messing up with? TD or TS ones? And finally, are you trying to save these files inside Program Files or some kind of protected directory (Windows 7 might be a pain in the ass with these things)?

Well... Yes i'm using the newest version of OS SHP Builder, saddly I lost many of my work in .shp files because corruption...

I'll put a damaged file that I got:

techcen.shp
 Description:
There's a example... Also I got similar problem with the gates there exist here on PPM (Allied, Yuri, Soviet)

Download
 Filename:  techcen.shp
 Filesize:  51.29 KB
 Downloaded:  34 Time(s)

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here. XCC Mixer crashes when trying to view it.

td-shp-test1.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  td-shp-test1.shp
 Filesize:  4.5 KB
 Downloaded:  33 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've downloaded these files. I'll take a look at them later. Right now, my priority are some things for the university which I'm bad on their deadline.

Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to investigate too. What I found strange when I was fidling around with XCC Mixer is that it crashed the 2-3 first times that I tried viewing the your shps, but after that I could view them without problems. hmn, idk.  Anyway, I'll try opening them in OpenRA editor and see if that crashes too. Does the editor work for TS shps too?

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Failed Conversion maybe?

Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Reaper, do you have steps to reproduce a corrupted shp?

I'd like them if possible.

-----------------

I know that even though XCC Mixer doesnt crash on td-shp-test1.shp anymore, it still reports smth in the Windows Event Log: FaultTolerantHeap. I don't know what it is, but I'll try to check into it.

Hmn.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zaaz wrote:
Hey Reaper, do you have steps to reproduce a corrupted shp?

I'd like them if possible.

Hm, that's typical, with another shp I now couldn't reproduce it...

However, this file works with XCC Mixer and C&C95, but crashes OpenRA (with an Index out of array error).
This is probably at least partially OpenRA's fault for being less crash-proof in this regard since neither XCC nor C&C95 show any corruption or crashes with this file, however it's also a fact that OpenRA has no problems with any of WW's original shps, nor with any shps produced by XCC Mixer. So it has to be at least partially caused by something specific to files saved with SHP Builders' saving mechanism.

The file in question:

fact-388b6.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  fact-388b6.shp
 Filesize:  146.86 KB
 Downloaded:  20 Time(s)

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for double-posting, but now I managed to reproduce a file that crashes XCC Mixer as well.

Opened original ti2.des from C&C1, just replaced some colors via cscheme, saved as shp(td) -> XCC crashes when trying to view it.

SHP Builder itself can still load it fine.

ti2des.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ti2des.shp
 Filesize:  2.77 KB
 Downloaded:  21 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tested all these files with XCC Mixer and it works fine. It did not crash here.

However, OpenRA fails to decode one (or more) of their frames (index out of bounds issue) and it crashes. I don't know exactly what on SHP Builder's encode80 causes OpenRA to access an invalid memory address or allocates less RAM than necessary. I'd have to debug OpenRA to try to understand the problem. And that's something that I admit that I can't be bothered to do at the moment.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OpenRA has a condition at 2 commands from their Format80 decoding function that... for me, it doesn't really make much sense:

Code:
   if (srcIndex >= destIndex)
throw new NotImplementedException("srcIndex >= destIndex {0} {1}".F(srcIndex, destIndex))

In a certain way, it means that when a frame is not properly compressed (it is taking more space than it was supposed to take, the program closes with an exception. Of course that, in the ideal world, these frames were supposed to take less space than their uncompressed form, but programs like OS SHP Builder and even OpenRA itself (at least its code) save all frames using Format80. And that doesn't guarantee that these frames will take less space than their uncompressed form at all.

If i make OS SHP Builder save stuff with Format40 and 20, I think it would considerably slow down the program. It would need to compare the Format80 compression with Format40 using all previous frames, for each frame although we would be smart enough to make it start from the previous frame. I don't think it is worth the hassle or the gains in terms of file space for the save files.

It's better to check if these files load at OpenRA without this exception (that XCC Mixer doesn't have either).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum