Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Petroglyph is up for a new game AGAIN
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [76 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If there's a delay on miner replacement, that might offset it.  And a "Rush Production" button to immediately replace it at a more significant financial cost would be interesting.
I don't know how they're doing it, but one hopes they do a lot of outside playtesting to nail down these core concepts.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Game looks extremely retarded and the gameplay looks contrived and boring.

The name is childish too, even though yes it's a well-known term for non-stop replicating nanobots.

Then again this is the same game company which both made a Star Wars RTS game with the name 'Empire at War' and a non-related RTS game called 'Universe at War'. And of course the failure of End O Nations and Victory!

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In any company defense I'd say you can't expect much from RTS anymore

this genre was raped by now in so many ways
it cannot go as far unless you start to mix genres together

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Automatic harvester management? Let's talk about exploiting it and make enemy furious that AI rebuilds them for you and it dries your money.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it doesn't cost money to replace them, only time (and the money lost by not having them)?

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Free harvesters would make a game the complete mess, especially in terms of crippling enemy's economy - early rushes for destroying early eco would be scarce cause it doesn't give you advantage if you succeed. And I'm not amazed that Petroglyph can't make a game properly.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i can't see problem to get free harvester as long as they can be kill. just don't have harvester in the right time alone enough to struggle your economic. it's cross solution between building that auto generate resource and good old resource harvester unit.

in fact i quite like this idea, you didn't lost the game instantly when your credit is 0 and lost all harvester the game give you chance to recover and back to the game if your opponent didn't do some thing to finish you off in time.

Last edited by Holy_Master on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would, it would stop you collecting cash for a while. That is really why you kill harvesters in the first place. You don't HAVE to also make the player pay for another havester.

It think commenting on stuff like this before you even know what the eco is like doesn't mean much. Even with free harvesters units could still cost a lot, meaning a delay in collection would cause a big problem for someone.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
in fact i quite like this idea, you didn't lost the game instantly when your credit is 0 and lost all harvester the game give you chance to recover and back to the game if your opponent didn't do some thing to finish you off in time.

That's the purpose why harvesters are targeted during the early game - to cripple enemy and make him surrender quickly. Destroying economy is a normal tactic that forces opponent to spend resources on rebuilding resource gatherers to keep it up. AFAIK, most of the "normal" multiplayer RTS games are played to cripple opponent's economy ASAP - with worse economy they can't keep the pace and lose rather quickly. Free, automated production of resource gatherers is something odd and rather buggy. If they made it that AI rebuilds them automatically and they cost something, then GJ Petro for a quite stupid idea.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no body want to play rts game that end in 3 min with only low tech unit except ranking hardcore who don't care anything but quick ranking. that's one reason why MOBA is so popular and replace to old RTS game because everyone can fun with the game for real. while you think it's stupid idea i think it's genius in term of "game" design.

and OmegaBolt explain really well, even they're free but to lost them still cost your economic.

this's isn't new idea WW use this idea before in C&c renegade and YR.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, sure nobody wants to play such a game. Especially games like both Starcrafts or Warcraft III are dead and C&C is kicking alive.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kinda miss how when people mention playing WC3 meant playing an actual RTS Match and not people just playing Minigames or DotA in it.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

truly i still play SC2 every night even just vs ai [which i away lost to them #Tongue ]

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Well some neat stuff here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBFTdJSjIjc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

- I love the command bar. Both the sidebar with global structure etc building tabs and presumably the micro shit put there too.

- Tactically useful terrain.

- Cool underground resource pools & method of collection.

This looks AWESOME.  Reminds me of a mix between Command and Conquer and Dominion: Storm Over Gift 3

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dominion was really a neat game.....had so much potential, it's sad that it died pretty much after birth.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well now, that was interesting...Now one my new favorite factions #Tongue

Last edited by Ickus on Thu May 15, 2014 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was pretty interesting.

Beta's Defenses being an amalgam of Component Towers & Garrison was also a nice touch.

I'm liking how the Goo works too (Although thats gonna be a micromanage nightmare for me)

Any guesses on what Team Colors will be now?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope the goo gets a more dynamic look than what it has now.  But apart from that I quite like what I see.
I wonder how moddable it'll be?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, it looks so cool...

I might consider buying this game... just maybe... if it turns out to be really, really good.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
I wonder how moddable it'll be?

UAW at least had a Mod SDK, so unless there's something preventing them from supporting mods in GG, I'd expect GG to be fairly moddable too.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Truly i don't want gameplay of each faction different from each other too much. like UAW it make me end up to play only Novus because i don't like mechanic of other race. - -'

i'm more expect race different same rate to Starcraft where each faction still collect same kind of resource and build the base. [only different is the way to manage them]

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't really know the UaW story, but I can see Petro tying the storylines together, where humans get tech from Novus.
Fastforward into the future a bit, and poof. Grey goo.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The UaW story was rather shallow. Then again, I'm not expecting them to try tying the storylines together - UaW was a failure and they'll most likely try to do simply better this time, hoping that people forget their failed past products.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally UAW story is not do complicate [good alien vs bad alien] but it telling is quite fun until you reach Massari campaign which feel rush and not so interesting. the ending of game is quite ok even it's not as i expect but not consider to be that bad only what i want to blame UAW is Alamo Engine.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like they finally added the Unit Profiles for the Pathfinder (Grey Goo) Faction

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum