Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
Rank 5 weapon upgrade
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:  Rank 5 weapon upgrade
Subject description: How about automatically upgrade?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi!

I need some help here,

For the example, have a mammoth tank and it initialy equipped with a weapon A, I want the weapon A automatically upgrade to weapon B when reached rank 5, is this possible?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume you mean that the player reaches Rank 5 in General Promotions, not the unit reaching Heroic (3 stripes) rank.

I am not 100% sure, as you can make a unit require a certain rank to be unlocked (similar to how you unlock a Marauder or Nuke Cannon), but I think you can't use the same logic for weapon changes, as there is no way to detect if a player has reached a certain rank.

Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I tried SCIENCE_Rank2 and weaponset upgrade trigger by rank in the condition state and both causes an error lol.

Since I couldn't mess with the AI script nomore, with this, I just wanted to make the AI more powerful on each rank, like when they reached rank 2 they got rank 2 weapon set for specific unit.. like the mammoth tank will have railgun on rank 5 etc, it's not using the player_upgrade logic.

I wish they have WEAPONSET_RANK logic...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never modded/know nothing about this engine but...

Can't you create a GP which unlocks an upgrade on a building which can only be built by the AI or something for that?

Not sure if the AI can cheat with GPs tho.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume that the GP is the shortform for Generals Points? I can make Science_rank upgrades myself but I'll have to edit the AI script to make them buy the upgrades.

For the hack stuff, I think the AI are almost equal, they need to kill and gain the same amount of experience, if not faster.

I have problem with the current AI scripts, the worldbuilder just crashed whenever I try to open the script file. At this stage I'll have to leave it as it is..

The only thing I could think of is either use the heroic logic or salvage logic. But this is not something I want though Laughing, thats what I could do now with my limited knowledge..

I just love the general point and ranking system, if an AI reached rank 5, it creates an impression that an AI player just got stronger with firepower and I am getting more desperate in defeating them lol..

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon