Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
Happy birthday, PPM!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:  Happy birthday, PPM!
Subject description: We are as little bit poor on presents today.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone! Today we are celebrating the 14th anniversary of this place. Yes! It has been 14 years of modding, production of tools, resources, maps, tutorials... and so many events at Project Perfect Mod. All for a place that started as a merely mod project for Tiberian Sun that was supposed to be made with 'everyone's idea'.

Unlike last year, we do not have a birthday present for PPM, this time. I've spent the whole month trying to clean up PPM from error 503s messages. I've reached a stage where I don't know what else can be done to fix this issue. But I'm a creative person, I know I'll eventually come up with a solution at some point.

This does not mean, however, that PPM has not changed positively in this last year. We have officially expanded our site content into non-C&C games since last birthday. The Community News Tracker has been improved and it is being quite successful and, despite the current low number of news posts at the main site, we are still showing a lot of activity in our both News Trackers at the top of the site, spotting the latest progress in our hosted projects, as well as in the upcoming Ares 0.8 (which has released its second Release Candidate). We also are showing the latest resource submissions that are worth to be downloaded or used in your private or projects. We've also brought in smaller features, such as the News Cloning Vats, new CAPTCHA, our new download system and much more.

But what makes this community work well is your participation at the forums, submitting resources, mods, tools, games and helping our other fellow members to improve their skills. And during all these 14 years, we thank you kindly for your contribution to the success of this place. If we are 14 years alive and there are many other years to come, it is mostly thanks to all of you.

Happy birthday to PPM and I hope we all enjoy this place for many other years.

Oh... the cake:

Credits: Birthday cake picture randomly taken from this site.

Key Words: #ProjectPerfectMod #Birthday #PPMForums #News 

Last edited by Banshee on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birth Day, PPM!

Wish you many more years in the internet!

Happy to be part of it! Smile

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday Project Perfect Five-O-Three!

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy b'day Pro... *static noise*

Error 503 - Service unavailable

jk. Happy birthday.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Three cheers to PPM!

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The cake is a lie... :'(

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Three cheers to PPM!

Five hundred and three cheers! It's awesome how there's still a site as active as this in the classic C&C community, although I have to say that I'm afraid it might not stay this active for very long unless these 503s are fixed.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

14 years huh? Quite the achievement.

Happy birthday PPM and thanks Banshee for keeping this site up and running for all these years!

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy birthday! And I did get a 503. #Tongue

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy birthday, PPM and congrats to Banshee et al. for running it for so long  #Birthday

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PPM. Yay!

Astonishing how long C&C modding and this site already exist.
Congrats also Banshee for being able to run this site that successful for such a long time. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, guys. I've also got a lot of error 503 while I was checking this post. Today I've tried another couple of optimizations to reduce the amount of error 503, but I don't think they'll do any miracle. At least, guests who passed the captcha will download certain files that they weren't being able to get until now due to a stupid bug in my code.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday to PPM! It actually started to behave like a 14 year old: call it and it won't listen.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL all the 503 jokes.

Here's a quote from RA2's game.exe "Cruddy...Potato..PotatoToo...STEVE-T2....STEVE-T3"

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome sauce!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All right! If it wasn't for this site, I'd have NEVER realized the fact that there are MODS for games!!!!!! It was so sick figuring that one out! I even learned some basic rules.ini editing. This is like, what 7 years ago?

NOW LOOK AT THE MODS GRACING THE LAND!!!

YOU DON'T EVEN NEED THE ORIGINAL GAME, half the time. ztype yeah, thanks.

*raises glass for a toast*

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy birthday, PPM.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's to PPM and many more years of modding goodness.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday, PPM!

Only a few more years and PPM can drink alc legally Laughing

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for running the show for all these years, Banshee. Keep it going for another 14 years #Tongue Cheers!

Sheeeit, has it really almost been a decade? I don't even want to think how many days (weeks, or maybe even months) in total I've spent modding through all these years Neutral Curse you, PPM, for enthralling me to the bittersweetness of modding. #Cussing out

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy bday!

I was reading through the forums many times, you guys did a good job keeping this running! Now after all the time i finally have an account here too Smile

503 - Cake unavailable

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Time flies. Great to see the site is still kicking.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hurray HBD PPMSite! Nice to see 503 participates too

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

holy crap... 14 years...

still remember when i met banshee on old tibed forum
think he and someone named stinger were smartest guys then Very Happy

was it in 2003 or earlier dunno...
anyways good job on making PPM still alive

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday PPMSite

doesn't time fly!

#Birthday  #Bday  #All_Coholic  #Milti  #Fadeing color

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!