Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Allied Avenger Tank
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject:  Allied Avenger Tank
Subject description: Aegis Cruiser's three missile launchers installed on tank
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hai mortals! I am presenting to you my new creation, Allied Avenger Tank, or could be called Aegis Tank, cause I added Aegis missile launchers to tank as turret.
Anyway, Allies wanted a ground unit which can prevent enemies aircraft from hitting them, and they succeed! They installed three missile launchers similiar to ones used by Aegis Cruiser, because Aegis proved that he is best Anti Aircraft weapons ever seen!
Now, similiar to it, Avenger Tank exists! He can rip off any Aircraft units very quickly. Soviets will no more make Kirov rushes, deploy Siege Choppers near your base, or Assault buildings with Boris Migs. Also there is small chance that they will successfully spy on you with Spy plane. Yuri will no more sabotage bases and make fear with flying saucers, and even enemy Allied commanders will no overrun you with fast Aircraft and roocketeers. Also with one or two of them in your base paratrooper plane have no chance.
But be warned general, Aegis installment on this tank made it to be slowest of most Allied ground units. Also unlike Aegis, Avenger Tank must turn turret to face his target before starts to shoot. His rockets have less range than Aegis (10 vs 12), so he has same range as any ground AA unit. Also be specially warned that tank itself is for AA purpose only! He cannot fight against ground units, so protect it always cause he cannot defend himself and is quite expensive.

Anyway, I provided you codes, for unit and weapon, as usually.

RULESMD.INI

[VehicleTypes]

XX=AATNK ;Replace XX by any first free number in list

; Avenger Tank
[AATNK]
UIName=NOSTR:Avenger Tank
Name=Avenger Tank
Prerequisite=GAWEAP
Primary=AvengerMedusa
Strength=400
Category=AFV
Armor=heavy
Turret=yes
IsTilter=yes
Crusher=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
TechLevel=2
Sight=10
Speed=5
CrateGoodie=no
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
Cost=1500
Soylent=700
Points=25
ROT=5
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=GenAllVehicleSelect
VoiceMove=GenAllVehicleMove
VoiceAttack=GenAllVehicleAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=GrizzlyTankMoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
MaxDebris=2
; origional - Locomotor={55D141B8-DB94-11d1-AC98-006008055BB5}
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
;MovementZone=Destroyer ;gs FLAW needs to be changed to this when The Flaw is fixed
MovementZone=Normal
ThreatPosed=15 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Accelerates=false
ImmuneToVeins=yes
Size=3
OpportunityFire=yes
;BuildTimeMultiplier=1.5;Individual control of build time
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
LandTargeting=1

[AvengerMedusa]
Damage=100
ROF=15
Range=10
Speed=120
Projectile=MedusaProjectile
Warhead=SAMWH
Report=AegisAttack
TurboBoost=yes

ARTMD.ini

[AATNK]
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
Cameo=AATNKICON
AltCameo=AATNKUICO
PrimaryFireFLH=64,48,180

And that should be it.
Use it (if you decide to use) as anything you have in mind. Tank can be good replacement to IFV or any AA tank, I just gave you example.

AVENGERTANKScreenshot.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  153.37 KB
 Viewed:  7047 Time(s)

AVENGERTANKScreenshot.PNG

Allied Avenger Tank.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Allied Avenger Tank.rar
 Filesize:  174.13 KB
 Downloaded:  346 Time(s)

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's nice but...(and this is a BIG but)...it's WAY too bright. Especially the white.

Try more shades in general...especially the remap.

p.s. didnt get a chance to look at the code

3ds Topic
Clicky

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks man! True that, I just used same launchers as Aegis, thats why it is bright! perhaps I should recolor them too to be in same scheme.
And code... Code is here just as example, as I always do. Its same as Aegis missiles except it doesn't have OmniFire code and range is 10 instead 12.
And thank you for replying here

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And personally.. I would go with one barrel instead of 3...FLH makes having 3 look kinda weird since it only fires from one.

EDIT: I really like that cameo...it's quite clean compared to other voxel-ified cameos

3ds Topic
Clicky

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Palkia323 wrote:
And personally.. I would go with one barrel instead of 3...FLH makes having 3 look kinda weird since it only fires from one.

Well true that, but in that case it would not look like Aegis missile launcher... which were point here.
If tank would have one barrel, it wont be so special, it would be like ,,just another Rhino/Grizzly tank remix" or ,,just another mammoth tank, come on please, give me something different". Well I gave something different, never seen before. And yet again based on good old thing! There are Missile tanks around, of course, but none with Aegis missile launchers.

Also, man do not forget that there is code named AlternateFLH
For example, MasterMind has

AlternateFLH0=0,25,90;gs scatter the mind control lines
AlternateFLH1=0,-25,90
AlternateFLH2=-50,25,90
AlternateFLH3=-50,-25,90
AlternateFLH4=-25,0,90

I have seen before in art files, units with standard weapon that have alternate weapon firing location, so playing with these things can be done on this Avenger tank too. Basically it can be made that each rocket fire from different location meaning from different launcher.
So if it has three launchers it is not problem.
Of course you need to code it. Westwood did not code for Aegis, so I will not try for this tank too.

Palkia323 wrote:

EDIT: I really like that cameo...it's quite clean compared to other voxel-ified cameos

Thans man! I am so glad that you like this cameo! Believe me, my cameos look like shits, I am not pleasant with the most of them at all! In my mod I will use most likely custom made from other people in their mods. But this one is one of rare cameos that I made good. I have also good cameo for Yurified Gattling tank (remember, he is blue schemed on cameo), perhaps I will upload it here, publically.

Ambersia
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RadialFireSegments=10 - this makes it fires looks like aegis cruiser.
OpportunityFire=yes - moving fire.
DistributedFire=yes - use this to lock multiple enemy.
Maybe should use these.

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All hail the necromancer

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!