Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
RA2 Beta?
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject:  RA2 Beta? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey SMIFF. i know you dispise RA2,like a majority of PPM Members,but was there acculy a decent plan? no wacky stuff,something that continued along with RA1? the Tesla-Trooper is called SHK in the inis,obvously a refrence to the Shock-Trooper. CPlane looks like the Badger-Bomber,the Obvously scrapped Hind and LTNK,which looks like the Light-Tank from TD,Among the major things.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The whole RA2 concept from the beginning was pretty wacky, and they had even stranger units that never made it to the final game. I think the Conscript was originally meant to be some kind of light Shock Trooper.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mabey there was supposed to be a 'inbetween game' because it makes no sense how in TS theres no RA technologys exept mammoths an jumpjets

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The cancelled Renegade "2" would be that inbetween game.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there was unit called the wacky bomber, some units and structures were just out of schemed e.g.  the soviet/allied pre-release lab and everyone have war miners or flak cannons for allies, etc.

Its just a shame the team were rushed into making the game.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
i know you dispise RA2,like a majority of PPM Members,but was there acculy a decent plan?

Just a note: There are some people here that might not like the concept behind RA2, but the game itself is very welcomed here.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WP wrote:
mabey there was supposed to be a 'inbetween game' because it makes no sense how in TS theres no RA technologys exept mammoths an jumpjets

RA2 doesn't below to the CnC storyline, it was made by stupido's at EA Pacific. http://www.planetcnc.com/features/encyclopedia/cnccanon/

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The whole community is pretty split, we've got one part that loves TS and hates RA2, and another that loves RA2 and hates TS.

From a pure gaming perspective I find RA2 an excellent game, even if it doesn't follow the CnC storyline.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to be honest i just love both.

RA2 is easier to mod but TS has cooler features.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only really like RA2 for chrono and stuff, an it dosnt really matter if it follows a storyline or not its still quite good

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
RA2 is easier to mod but TS has cooler features.

I'd say it's the other way around.. In RA2 you have to edit those damn csf scripts too.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

csf scripts take 2 seconds to learn, its a inbuilt feature of XCC.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like RA2 for its moddability, but the TS universe is so much more immersive.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Visceroids,ect,EMP Cannons...on the other hand,working ships(=D) More MP Factions,ROTERS,desolator logic(deploy,make lots of radiation,kill mo'fos. there both good. too bad they couldnt have all the features  merged into 1 big engine..Harvesters blowing up and tiberium poising unleashed on the ground,Naval units batteling it out over a island's Oil Derrek,AIRSTRIKES(whee)

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unpatched RA2 1.0 without YR has some FS features like splitting missiles, etc...

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unpatched you say?
Very Happy

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure? RA2 and FS were developed separately from each other. Both have different tags in them. I'm sure Smiffgig will confirm that.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah if they were made together cloakable=yes would work on buildings ... (this applied to limpet drones)

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i installed a unpatched version and coudnt find no suspicious tags...so i tried some from TS and that didnt work

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well in RA2 DeeZire (not YR) Volkov has a web weapon like Cyborg Reaper...

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just have a firing anim that fires a web thing and a corresponding death anim?

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA's definition of C&C: Tongue-in-cheek wargames

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Argh.

Damn you EA!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade wasent exactly Tounge-in-Cheek. that game is like god to me... Razz now..Generals. that is the most tastless thing ever fu*king made. Modern?! bah. The chinese have CRAP,the GLA is...im not going to start on them. the U.S.A. is the only DECENT nation. Col. Burton's a cheap havoc want-to-be. And,EA. the Chinese 'MiG' isnt even a MiG. its a goddamn Su-47 you retards!

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually its MiG 1.44 or MFI

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon