Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Etherium
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject:  Etherium
Subject description: new rts game feature huge battle
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

didn't know much about the game for now but it look amazing, the game look a lot similar to total annihilation/supreme commander.

Etherium  Trailer

more info here.
http://www.etherium-thegame.com/

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dnno , i don't like the look too much, for my taste it's too stylized and clinical, quite tasteless.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone remember the times when an RTS had a story, atmosphere and lots of background information? Just remember the TD intro where you switched through a number of TV channels that explained in easy, yet thrilling and realistic/authentic ways the story (even the commercials looked awesome in the intro)

It's just about graphics these days Sad

Why aren't there any studios that take a risk and experiment with new stuff anymore?
-interactive and completely changing terrain (a bit showed TS already)
--weather effects
-extremely advanced and powerful AI (see Dark Reign from 1996)
-new ways of interaction/control (switching between top-down and first person view, like some special SC2 maps is already a nice start)
-build right from the start with modding in mind (easy to customize, easy to give bugfixes/support <-2 points which even companies should like)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked those stuff too. More so especially if there was a Encyclopedia for it like in CnC 3, Age of Empires 2 & Emperor

But I guess its more about trying to appeal mostly to casual gamers nowadays.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Why aren't there any studios that take a risk and experiment with new stuff anymore?

How about Planetary Annihilation?

- Gameplay based on Total Annihilation (1997) with it's fluid economy, giant battles and such.
- Radar, sonar, interplanetary sensors
- Maps are solar systems with randomly generated planets
- Solar system editor
- Battle on planets, build interplanetary transports, build orbital stations and teleporters
- Battle on land, sea, air and in the orbit of planets.
- Build giant engines on asteroids and moons and crash them into planets.
- Moddable, even the interface is easily moddable as it is HTML/CSS and JS.
- Dedicated server support once they come to it.
- AI that surprises you, even the easy AI.
- Game is done when it's done, early access available.

How about WarGame: Red Dragon?

- Units used in armies from 1975 to 1995
- Semi-realistic
- 1470 units based on real counterparts, from the WW2 era T-34/85 to the modern Leopard 2A5
- 17 Nations: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, East Germany, West Germany, USSR, Czechoslovakia, USA, UK, North Korea, South Korea, China, Japan, Canada, France, Australia + New Zealand, Poland
- 2 factions "NATO + allies" and "Warsaw Pact + allies"
- Asymmetric balance
- Card based system in which you organize your forces in "decks" (no base building)
- Every unit has limited ammo and fuel (infantry doesn't use fuel obviously)
- Supply trucks, ships and helicopters
- Giant maps
- Missiles with different guidance systems
- Guns with ammo types such as kinetic penetrators and high explosive
- Ships with modeled defense systems (CIWS) in addition to AAA guns, AA missiles anti ground canons and anti ship missiles.
- ECM
- Camouflage system
- Great graphics yet the game doesn't require a super PC. The graphics can even be turned down to a level that reminds me of Earthsiege 2 Very Happy
- Releases today, will be constantly updated with patches and free DLC.

Small studios are willing to experiment if they get enough money and trust.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

How about Planetary Annihilation?

- Gameplay based on Total Annihilation (1997) with it's fluid economy, giant battles and such.
- Radar, sonar, interplanetary sensors
- Maps are solar systems with randomly generated planets
- Solar system editor
- Battle on planets, build interplanetary transports, build orbital stations and teleporters
- Battle on land, sea, air and in the orbit of planets.
- Build giant engines on asteroids and moons and crash them into planets.
- Moddable, even the interface is easily moddable as it is HTML/CSS and JS.
- Dedicated server support once they come to it.
- AI that surprises you, even the easy AI.
- Game is done when it's done, early access available.

How about WarGame: Red Dragon?

- Units used in armies from 1975 to 1995
- Semi-realistic
- 1470 units based on real counterparts, from the WW2 era T-34/85 to the modern Leopard 2A5
- 17 Nations: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, East Germany, West Germany, USSR, Czechoslovakia, USA, UK, North Korea, South Korea, China, Japan, Canada, France, Australia + New Zealand, Poland
- 2 factions "NATO + allies" and "Warsaw Pact + allies"
- Asymmetric balance
- Card based system in which you organize your forces in "decks" (no base building)
- Every unit has limited ammo and fuel (infantry doesn't use fuel obviously)
- Supply trucks, ships and helicopters
- Giant maps
- Missiles with different guidance systems
- Guns with ammo types such as kinetic penetrators and high explosive
- Ships with modeled defense systems (CIWS) in addition to AAA guns, AA missiles anti ground canons and anti ship missiles.
- ECM
- Camouflage system
- Great graphics yet the game doesn't require a super PC. The graphics can even be turned down to a level that reminds me of Earthsiege 2 Very Happy
- Releases today, will be constantly updated with patches and free DLC.

Small studios are willing to experiment if they get enough money and trust.

... Planetary Annhilation also takes freaking 5 hours to play... 1... game...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it doesn't. I've played a lot and none last that long. 1v1s last like 10-30 minutes often. The rest depends on the number of planets or players.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5 hour long rts game better than 3 min rush rts game. :p

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can have a 5 hour long game in Planetary Annihilation?
Does it have multiplayer?
If yes, do want!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, Planetary Annihilation looks really good, just getting very bored waiting for it to get out of early access on Steam.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, the faction's designs so far are too familiar from what we have seen already...theres no story or premise other than sleek white faction versus some dark angular faction, upon what appears to be Earth in various extreme environs. which in an RTS sometimes doesn't even matter? Neutral

the units shown are design silhouettes that are something we have seen already, slightly generic.

I like the sleek white faction and coincidentally reminds me of the human designs from Grey Goo. Reminds me of a militant iPod/Mac culture.

While seemingly harsh 1st impression, its not much so far, but has potential, and overall its a new RTS out on the block, and made on Unity.

I agree, that matches should play and feel as satisfying epic battles. albeit unrealistic in future wars, where anything other than super pin-point surgical checkmate, appears as a Pyrrhic victories?

#ramble

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

[...]
-new ways of interaction/control (switching between top-down and first person view, like some special SC2 maps is already a nice start)
-build right from the start with modding in mind (easy to customize, easy to give bugfixes/support <-2 points which even companies should like)

They're pretty niche games, but Natural Selection and Natural Selection 2 are both personal favourites of mine which fulfill those two criteria.  The FPS/RTS hybridisation really puts each encounter into a wider context and really makes the game exceptionally tense.  I suppose the problem is that the game is a heavily team-based affair, so you tend to get either bad games or amazing ones.

Bile rush the repair power node.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far...

Humans using Unmanned Apple Vehicles via Teleportation(?)

Proud Warrior Race Aliens with Vehicles/Mecha salvaged from their Spaceship

I'm wondering how they're gonna design the grey-goo though... I'm assuming they'll follow a system similar to the Zerg Creep/ Undead Blight.

And probably be basically Robotic Versions of the Zerg, forcefully turning organic units into something more mechanical.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Does it have multiplayer?
If yes, do want!

Yes it have Multiplayer.

I play Planetary Annihilation and its really good. It has something different than most of other RTS have. You can throw your planets into other player's planets and blow them up, which is pretty cool. Their economy is pretty simple and easy to manage.

Gistop wrote:
Planetary Annhilation also takes freaking 5 hours to play... 1... game...

5 hours long game only happens because there are no halleys in the map your playing in.

Most of the game I played last 15 minutes - 30 minutes. Especially if I'm faced with really good players, it can go on for an hour or 2 hours.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum