Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The results of my experiements.
Moderators: Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:  The results of my experiements. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently forked OpenRA's repository to experiment with. And yes, I'm the idiot that made a pull request because I have little experience with repositories and git. Suffice it to say, I'm also a pretty novice programmer, but I thought to play around with the code anyway. In the process I created 2 more production traits kind of like the airdrop. The first is an alteration to make it use helicopters instead of planes and the second is for chronosphere-based delivery kind of like Npatch had. Right now all the latter supports is the screen flash, I hope to get it to support an animation so that it can be altered to do other teleportation-esque deliveries like a subterranean delivery. It's nothing amazing but I am quite fond of it so I figured I'd share it in case anyone wants to use it.

The source can be with my fork under the Extension.DS branch which I accidentally created a pull request while I was trying to merge into the fork's master. There is a test mod, but it is just for playtesting so I'm not going to post that here.

I've put some basic documentation in there to help. To use just add it under the mod.yaml like all the other assemblies. I'd like to hear what you all think and if anyone knows more about github that can give me some pointers I'd appreciate it.

(Oh and if this is somehow against the license or something, just tell me, I don't think it is though.)

image.png
 Description:
Unit Delivery via Helicopter
 Filesize:  147.72 KB
 Viewed:  3779 Time(s)

image.png

ExtensionDS.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ExtensionDS.zip
 Filesize:  4.72 KB
 Downloaded:  14 Time(s)

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been working on expanding the TD shellmap lately, I'm told it was planned to do a whole lot more so I thought I'd give it some action. Once I get that complete I'm going to come back to adding onto the production system. These features are more complete in my code than this build, now implementing support for an animation for ProductionTeleport and custom entry/exit directions for ProductionHelipad, but what I really want to do is create a system for unit delivery in bulk like the Dune Starport. I'm not even sure where to begin there though, but it's sure to be interesting.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll do that then, it's kind of sad given it appears that the feature was in a working condition, just not fixed up properly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum