Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
AdBlock Users: Consider "Whitelisting" PPM
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:  AdBlock Users: Consider "Whitelisting" PPM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nobody likes advertisements on websites, that goes without saying, but the reason sites have ads is in order to fund the maintenance of the domain itself. Without funding, Banshee will struggle to keep PPM up and running, and as such risk losing PPM. I know this topic sounds a little bit preachy, I'm sorry about that, but I believe for those of you that visit this site regularly, use it as a good source for asset acquisition or have your own mod forums hosted here, whitelisting PPM is the very least you can do if you're unable, or simply don't want to donate). Whitelisting PPM is barely noticeable as it is as there aren't 200 ads in your face at once like on a number of other websites.

To whitelist a website, right-click the Adblock icon on your browser (normally the top right) and select "Options", from there go to the "Whitelisted Domains" tab and enter any sites you want to enable ads for, in my case it is only PPM and ModDB, being as I rely on those two sites in-particular to keep TI's pages up and running.

Ads suck, but losing PPM as a modding community would suck even more. I apologize again for sounding preachy, but I feel it's necessary this once. #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep in mind, there're no ads on the forums if you're already registered - it would prolly help if they'd be enabled even for them. (I only started using an AdBlock equivalent some months ago and I already whitelisted Revora for the reasons you tell above. I didn't whitelisted PPM yet due to that I only visit the forum and as a registered user I don't encounter any - if there would be, then ofc, I'd whitelist this site as well)

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I offered Banshee free hosting a while ago, but he refused. :'(

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obliged to your fanatical demands, but I wasn't aware we had ads on PPM anyways. I never use the front page, so I could be wrong.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are ads that you see briefly on the home page and the forums prior to logging in, that is how little of a nuisance they are.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never seen them anyways then. Hopefully it helps a bit if everyone joins in.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Checked if I've already whitelisted and I have. Also clicked the ad couple of times. Thanks Aro! #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to note that PPM officially does not condone fraud clicks of any sort. If the advertisement is interesting for you, then click it. Otherwise don't. Google AdSense program also has strict rules about it and it may punish places that promotes fraud clicks.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And that's good to remember, my apologies...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For some reason the way Aro mentioned doesn't open any options for me. Right-clicking the icon opens the Firefox menu to change the toolbar I have, and left-clicking and then going to options doesn't show me any Whitelist menu/option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!