Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Attempt at harvester halts
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject:  Attempt at harvester halts Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice going with DTA updates.

Image shows the AI units trying to move in opposite direction on a narrow passage of water crossing.

With the modder friendly skirmish lobby, was able to create a subterranean harvesters checkbox within few
minutes.

Questions:
- Can the group box for checkboxes be made bigger/adjustable to include more options?
- Can each combo dropdown items be associated with a separate custom ini file? User could create more
game modes.

Have seen subterranean harvester struggle to come up near refinery in vanilla TS also but it was first time
to see them unload in a nearby cell (image inset).

The heli in the middle helipad is darker than its shadow. Was confusing when there were a bunch of them.

DustDevilsChokePoint.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.44 KB
 Viewed:  2095 Time(s)

DustDevilsChokePoint.jpg

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Have seen subterranean harvester struggle to come up near refinery in vanilla TS also but it was first time
to see them unload in a nearby cell (image inset).

This sometimes happens in vanilla TS with AI controlled harvesters. If attacked while trying to unload at the Refinery, the Harvester will exit and move to that same cell (or anywhere nearby where there's space) and unload there.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It also happens with player controlled harvesters.

You can even do this manually. Let a harv dock, then while it rotates its back towards the refinery, give it a move command. Then quickly give it another dock command before the harv leaves the docking cell and after it started moving.
Done right, the harv moves away and is then doing the unload at the move-target point.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Attempt at harvester halts Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
- Can the group box for checkboxes be made bigger/adjustable to include more options?

Yes, this is possible. Add this code to DTACnCNetClient.ini:
Quote:
[panel2]
Size=600,235

[panel1]
Location=602,1

Note that since panel1 and panel2 are generic control names used by multiple windows, the CnCNet lobby UI will be messed up by this change. I might change the control names in a future update to fix it.

E1 Elite wrote:
- Can each combo dropdown items be associated with a separate custom ini file? User could create more game modes.

I've been thinking about adding associated ini files for combo boxes, but right now the feature isn't there. However, you're already able to create new game modes. Just open INI\MPMaps.ini and edit GameModes= of all map entries. The client will automatically form the game mode list based on the values of the maps' GameModes= entries.

Keep in mind that while I built the new CnCNet client with modding support in mind, official updates will still revert your changes. The main client still lacks modding support.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Crimsonum,LKO

In this subterranean case, harvester shuttles several times under the ground near the bib, when it comes above
ground, it unloads in a near by cell. It never docks or enters the refinery bib.

@Rampastein

My interest is in skirmish lobby which is already messed up for me with 120% dpi setting, first column text
overlapping checkbox of second column, obscuring some of the checkbox itself.

Panel1/Panel2 helped horizontally, but eats up the bottom 2 panels when height is increased. Tried Panel3/4,
didn't help.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Panel1/Panel2 helped horizontally, but eats up the bottom 2 panels when height is increased. Tried Panel3/4, didn't help.

To move the bottom controls down, you'll have to move (edit the locations of) lblGameMode, cmbCurrGameMode, lbMapList, customScrollbar1, pbPreview, lblMapName, lblMapAuthor, btnLeaveGame and btnLaunchGame. So it's possible if you're willing to do some work for it.

Quote:
My interest is in skirmish lobby which is already messed up for me with 120% dpi setting, first column text overlapping checkbox of second column, obscuring some of the checkbox itself.

Windows 8.1 fixes this Smile I don't have any older OS installed so fixing it for them is pretty difficult, especially when 8.1 significantly improved the DPI scaling logic.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shortening the checkbox text and reducing font size were helpful to counter the dpi scaling. I will stick to
horizontal resize for now as it is taking more time to relocate/resize.

Good to know that dpi scaling is better in Win8.1.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Windows 8.1 fixes this Smile I don't have any older OS installed so fixing it for them is pretty difficult, especially when 8.1 significantly improved the DPI scaling logic.

Win8.1 DPI scaling with smaller-larger slider, results in larger UI. Drawbacks are blurred fonts in several cases
and scaling out of screen at higher resolutions. When the mod is run at 1600x900, it goes out of screen on 1080p
desktop and sidebar etc. are not visible making it not playable.

With the checkbox - Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays, it works similar to Win7 dpi scaling.
Can choose 125% scaling to test as in Win7. Fonts remain crisp and no problems with higher resolutions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum