Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[ARES] Destroying drainable buildings with Floating Disks
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:  [ARES] Destroying drainable buildings with Floating Disks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, as we all know, Floating Disks are designed for draining certain structures (base defenses, refineries and power plants) instead of destroying them, so you cannot win with Yuri from air, or you have to combine discs with other air units in mods.
Now, I found workaround for this too. You can beat enemy with disks only.
You need for this following stuff: generic warhead sw alongside with other Ares SW controlled code and designators.

First, go to [DISK] and add following: DesignatorRange=0.25

Second, use this somewhere:

[DiskSupportSpecial]
UIName=NOSTR:Disk Support
Name=Disk Support
IsPowered=true
RechargeVoice=
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=                                  
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=1 ;Balance this as you wish
Type=GenericWarhead
Action=DontUse4
SidebarImage=DISKSUPICON
ShowTimer=no
DisableableFromShell=no
;FlashSidebarTabFrames=1
;SW.Range=255
SW.ActivationSound=Dummy
SW.AITargeting=None
EVA.Ready=Dummy
SW.Warhead=AntiBWH
SW.Damage=9999
SW.Designators=DISK
SW.RequiresTarget=buildings
SW.RequiresHouse=enemies
NoCursor.Frame=384 ;I am using attack cursor, so no cursor is this frame
NoCursor.Count=1

[AntiBWH]
;CellSpread=0.5
Wall=no
Verses=0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%
AnimList=EXPLOLRG ;Use as you wish

(Dont forget to add this warhead to warhead list, and SW in their list)
So, once Floating Disc starts to drain structure, you can use this Superweapon to fire at that structure, destroying it in one blow, once in minute, (or shorter time, damaging it, balance it yourself) as SW requires enemy and buildings only.  So few structures, few minutes.

NOTE: This SW has one drawback, as generic Warhead does not target buildings, it targets cell in building, so you wont get attack cursor on whole building, you must target bottom parts of building to get attack cursor, not in top. Just hover mouse in bottom part of building and you will find Attack cursor.

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Ares #Rules.INI 

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or just use anim with damage on the draining anim? Confused

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it will destroy any structure, even the ones you do not want to be destroyed. Point is manually to destroy stuff which you do not want to be drainable.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is for people who like to play frisbee in YR.  Laughing

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the situation is as I remember:disk A drains a building, disk B can attack the drained building normally

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@kenosis: Yes, that's the default behaviour. What Haosis wants is; disk A drains and disk A can be selected manually to destroy the drained building or not.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
the situation is as I remember:disk A drains a building, disk B can attack the drained building normally

yeah if that works too. That could be awesome.
I wanted with single disk manually to chose what will be attacked instead of being drained.
kenosis, you are famous for workarounds. Can you try something with that?

Krow wrote:
@kenosis: Yes, that's the default behaviour.

No, it is bug. It only works when disk is draining some building, so it will auto fire laser at base defenses ONLY. But automatically. If you manually order disk to attack any nearby structure which has Drainable=yes, it will move away towards it to drain it, but sometimes, rarely it will shoot that structure with laser.
According to AlexB, human players are not supposed to fire lasers at buildings which are supposed to be drained. Game checkes for human players, but not for AI. Ai can shoot anything with lasers while drains something.

Krow wrote:
What Haosis wants is; disk A drains and disk A can be selected manually to destroy the drained building or not.

Exactly, yes Krow, that is what I wanted.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but in sw case you need some building to carry the sw. Why not just build another simple disk. 9999 damage makes it op and impossible to cancel. If with lower damage you need to repeat select sw and target......No point of creating a strange SW instead of building more disks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes it makes it OP, but remember that Kirov also can destroy building in one shot. Also SW has one minute cooldown and it can destroy only one structure. Power plant or refinery only or base defense. And only drained structure, not any. So, kinda balanced.

I know, I can build another disk or aircraft, but for several reasons as need only one. And I want with this original one to be to do that.
This is what AlexB and I talked about, but please be note that this is only quick testings, does not mean that it is 100% correct at all.

AlexB__
it's not like that. iirc, if you have two disks and one drains the building, it will get the no-attack cursor on the same building
and the second disk should get that, too, if the target building is drained by any other disk at that time
but if no disk is draining, both get the attack cursor

this logic is giving me headaches...
disk drain
it's just complex. apparently, you can get the laser even on drainable buildings
if the disk is draining something at this moment

MasterHaosis
no
one disk is draining power plant, and others got ,,no attack" cursor

AlexB__
right
that's like i said

MasterHaosis
No
When Disk A is draining power plant, he got attack cursor of power plant which is drained with DiskB

AlexB__
hmm
well, i'll ignore this stuff then. makes no sense to look it up

MasterHaosis
DiskB is draining refinery, he got attack cursor on power plant which is drained by Disk A

AlexB__
well, that is something different

MasterHaosis
But other disks which are not draining anything wotn get any attack cursors on both refinery or power plant

AlexB__
right

MasterHaosis
yeah
I am actually testing that

AlexB__
if they are draining, this logic does not apply. but non-draining disks will get the no-attack cursor
no need, really

MasterHaosis
But getting attack cursor when drain something does not mean that it will shoot with laser
it will only get attack cursor. When I order to attack, disk will left drainging power plant and run towards refinery to drain it instead, but since refinery is being drained by DiskB, it cannot
but rarely, it can be ordered to shot refinery with laser
that seems to be bug
Now, suddenly when I ordered it to attack, it started to shoot refinery with laser
So we discovered at least something
But you were right that AI does not have such rules as human players. Once they start to drain something, they automatically shoot anything nearby with lasers

So, according from our conversations, when floating Disk A is draining power plant A, and Floating Disk B is draining power plant B, Both Disk A can get attack cursor on power plantB (which is being drained with DiskB), and Disk B can get attack cursor on power plant A (which is being drained by DiskA), but other disks which are not draining anything wont get attack cursors on both power plants A and B, they will get ,,no attack" cursor instead.
But this is only for attack which means that due to bug it can be random, either those (when gained attack cursor) will go trying to drain structure, or attacking with lasers. In most cases, they will leave structure which they drain already, and try to drain ordered one, but can't since it is already being drained.
Damn complex logic!  Mad

EDIT:Added conversations

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon