Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Range check error on undo....
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:  Range check error on undo.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sneaky bug killed all my work, and I couldn't figure out how exactly, as I was using undo/cut/paste on one hand while drawing with the other.

Anyway happened a couple times on different things so I actually tried reproducing it...

I don't know what the range it's checking is, but it happens just after ctrl-z... anything I touch brings up that error, and if I change view, or click a new layer, the whole model disappears... needless to say the voxel get corrupted if you try to save it then.

The first time it happened, the error wouldn't go away and I had to forcefully kill vxlse...

Hope that helps?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try revision 494 (1.39.233). It should be fixed or at least it should work better.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I grabbed it thanks...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bug still exists, if you undo twice in a row... booom range check error.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What kind of operations are you undoing?

I could not reproduce this problem here.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same here, got that error while undo

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was drawing lines in tracks, and I didn't like how it looked so I was going to undo 3x but I got the error at the second...

I can do the same in 1.38 flawlessly.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. I've finally managed to reproduce the problem and I saw how awful my code was. I'm gonna be honest that a solution coded at 4:00 am won't make me satisfied with my own code, but at least, revision 496 should be much more reliable with undo and redo with previous betas (from revision 487 onwards).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum