Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Allied developments
Moderators: Deformat
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:  Allied developments Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings, commander.
Our forces have been modernised to suit better your necessities. Yuri is one hell of a bastard, but with these updated troops, you'll have what you need to match him. Now go there, and finish him!

Buildings:

The Construction Yard provides the player with the ability to construct buildings.

The Barracks gives you infantry to use in the battlefield.

The Powerplant gives you power.

The Refinery is your ore processing plant.

The Warfactory provides you aircraft and land units. It also provides a repair area.

Defenses:
The first level of cash funding is being given from the Construction Yard.

The Pillbox is your cheapest defense building.

Units:

The Jaguar Battle Tank is your primary offensive unit.

Your harvesting unit is the Chrono Miner.

The Dingo is your cheap, rapid attack unit.

Infantry:
The GI is your base infantry unit.

Your best scout is the Dog.

The Guardian GI is your main anti-air attack infantry unit.

The Engineer captures civilian buildings and damages enemy ones.

More to come soon!

Note: This represents Tier 1.

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pillbox Looks Good.Good Work Sir.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It always nice to see someone using my old voxels, looking good. Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the cameo style. Very simple but easy to recognize Smile

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Zero18: It's my pleasure Smile
@BySc: it will need some rework tho.
@Dutchy: Thanks! Smile

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job deformat Smile

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, yeah, those cameos bring something fresh with them, I'm going to try something a little similar when I get to make cameos for buildings, I hope you don't mind.

Good Job.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nolt wrote:
Actually, yeah, those cameos bring something fresh with them, I'm going to try something a little similar when I get to make cameos for buildings, I hope you don't mind.

Good Job.

As long as they're not a huge rip-off, I'm okay with that. Try finding your own style tho. :p

I understand everyone who is sick of traditional YR cameos, what I did here is way easier, and I'd not go back for a million bucks. But I'd love if they weren't copied.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Cameos remind me sort of that thing in Dune 2 specifically for the Vehicles which all showed them side-view (Although in their case it was still in a terrain)

This cameo style seems to be a mix of that and the RA3 Style. With a Gradient Background.

In a casual standpoint giving a simple symbol to designate the cameo of every building type also helps new players as they'll know that each icon works the same for everyone.

Also why haven't you used my Vanilla Infantry SHP Pack. It really irks me how every new modder still uses infantry with solid black shadows.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. Nice cameo idea. It's so cool to see people do something entirely left field!

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Atomic_Noodles: TBH I didn't think of neither RA3 or Dune when I wanted to do them - I have a personal preference for minimalist product design/artwork, so this is how stuff came up #Tongue  

As for the infantry issue, it will be fixed. When it will be, that's for debate TBH, same for a few other graphical fixes as well, since other issues are more urgent.

@Volgin: Thanks!

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They definitely have a RA3-ish Vibe for me though... just more silhouette styled.

As for the Dune 2 one...

Still great job on the cameos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon