Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Bugs
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject:  Bugs Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

Hello everyone, i discovered some bug during a test :

In the map "Africatorial", 6 AI + me vs 1 AI (it's just for test), all in hard, all soviet except for me (Allies) :

At the begining, we can hear someone who are attacked

Soviet can build GDI/NOD power plants

My team attack other AI of my team ! Oo
First screen, yellow attack green
Second screen, orange attack teal (with two Volkov, very rare)
I can't attack these 4 AI because they are all in my team and the attacked AI don't react to this, her towers don't auto-attack them too

In the map "The experiment lab", 5 players map :

If we capture the lab in the midle of the map, heavy tank are available (but can't be buy) and we can't build near of this building

Tanya use sometime his primary weapon against the same building after use his skill for one shoot it

Sometime, we can hear the stealth tank sound when a submarine become visible

Well, that all for the moment, i will continue to do some test like the "unit lost" at ~1min of play, i'm sure i don't lost unit but i'll test again to see if it's true

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Soviet can build GDI/NOD power plants

This happens sometimes with the AI. It's a limitation of the Tiberian Sun engine, we can't fix it.

Quote:
My team attack other AI of my team ! Oo
First screen, yellow attack green
Second screen, orange attack teal (with two Volkov, very rare)
I can't attack these 4 AI because they are all in my team and the attacked AI don't react to this, her towers don't auto-attack them too

I have a hard time understanding you, but if I get it right, your AI allies are attacking your other AI allies. I've never had this issue in the dozens and dozens of games I've played, so I don't know what's up with it.

Quote:
If we capture the lab in the midle of the map, heavy tank are available (but can't be buy) and we can't build near of this building

I'm aware of the issue and have already fixed it for DTA 1.13.

Quote:
Sometime, we can hear the stealth tank sound when a submarine become visible

The Submarine shares the cloaking sound with the Stealth tank, once again a limitation of the Tiberian Sun engine.

Quote:
Well, that all for the moment, i will continue to do some test like the "unit lost" at ~1min of play, i'm sure i don't lost unit but i'll test again to see if it's true

Hearing that "unit lost" sound early in the game is normal, part of our method of making 4 sides work with the TS engine. You don't lose a "real" unit when that sound is played soon after deploying your MCV and building the first few buildings (unless you're already fighting with another player, of course).

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I have a hard time understanding you

Sorry for that, my english is poor, it's difficult for me to speak english.
I hope it's don't bother you too much, but if you prefer I don't post anymore, just say it. ^^'

Quote:
but if I get it right, your AI allies are attacking your other AI allies

Yes, nerver happen to me before.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I hope it's don't bother you too much, but if you prefer I don't post anymore, just say it. ^^'

No, I didn't mean it that way #Tongue Feel free to post whenever you have questions or issues to report, feedback is essential to us. Smile

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone, happy new year.
I see a bug and a mistake :

I don't know how (and when) he did this, but the AI build a gun turret near of my base, it was an FFA map and "Build off allies" option wasn't activate.

For the mistake, it's in the map "Moutain Walk" (2 players map), in the south of the screen, we can see water/road/cliff missing.

I have an another screen but there is update since that, so i don't know if it's already fixed, but just in case :

1) Yellow AI build a tesla coil on some trees
2) Damaged ore refinery and ruined ore refinery don't look the same
3) I know it's the old sprite of the war factory from red alert, but why don't use the new sprite from DTA for the ruined war factory?
4) The soviet base should be abandoned, so why there is a smoke from the ruined power plant ?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
I don't know how (and when) he did this, but the AI build a gun turret near of my base, it was an FFA map and "Build off allies" option wasn't activate.

I think I know the cause of this; I'll fix it in the next update (it shouldn't happen on any other maps however).
Sombracier wrote:
For the mistake, it's in the map "Moutain Walk" (2 players map), in the south of the screen, we can see water/road/cliff missing.

Well spotted; I'll fix this for the next update as well.
Sombracier wrote:
1) Yellow AI build a tesla coil on some trees

The ground under those trees wasn't made impassable; this'll also be fixed in the next update.
Sombracier wrote:
2) Damaged ore refinery and ruined ore refinery don't look the same
3) I know it's the old sprite of the war factory from red alert, but why don't use the new sprite from DTA for the ruined war factory?

Ruined structures intentionally look different from buildable structures; they're ruined beyond repair after all and thus also can't be captured.
Sombracier wrote:
4) The soviet base should be abandoned, so why there is a smoke from the ruined power plant ?

That's because it's a regular power plant and no power plants without the smoke anim exist in DTA.

Thanks for your feedback Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for you answer  Smile

I found three little mistakes in the map editor (FinalSun_DTA) :
- Soviet and Allies war factory building are write "weapons factory" but it's just for the GDI building, same thing ingame if you "scan" the Soviet/Allies building with the mouse.
- With the new update, GDI can't build M.A.D, but the deployed M.A.D is repertoried in the GDI building
- If you select the gap generator, the sprite is far away of the mouse cursor

I take an another screen, but i think you already know this bug :

Some building have a problem with her sprite when they are build.

And finally, i would like to talk about the mig, when i see the changelog of previous updates, i think you have some difficult to balance him, but 3 migs can't destroyed a GDI guard tower near of your base. I don't talk about to one shot him in a single wave, you can send unlimited wave you like, you can't destroyed a guard tower with 3 migs.
1200$ each mig + 600$ for each runway for a total of 5400$ versus a 500$ guard tower...
Same thing versus an Allies AAgun, i understand AAgun can kill some migs, but kill 3 migs without taking damage from her, i think it's a bit overpowered.
Flying units are useless because AI build many AAgun/SAM site/Ad. guard tower

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The GAP generator is not meant to be used, since we haven't found a way to get the gap logic work in TS in a balanced way. (TS doesn't has this RA1 logic like many other missing RA1 logics Sad )

I noticed this with the buildings too, but i have no clue how to fix it. When you scroll away and back over the building, it is fixed. It seems the game sometimes just doesn't update the last frame of the buildup.

The mig is getting better balanced in the next/future versions, since it's also unable to damage any moving vehicle.
The problem is not the Mig's damage, but the fact that buildings repair that fast in C&C. And Mig's take a long time to fly back to base, reload and attack again.
It's best to use Mig's as anti-vehicle units and only when you have really many of them against buildings.

The Allies Flak is indeed the most powerful AA defense, but since it was this powerful in RA1 too, i'm not sure if we should make it weaker.
With the latest update Flak's shut down when low on power, so it's better to attack powerplants.

Using a unit to attack something whose whole purpose is to kill such units is also a bad way. You simply don't send
aircraft vs anti-aircraft
or
infantry vs flame tanks

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The uselessless of aircraft is also limited to games against the AI; aircraft is often used in matches against other human players.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
I found three little mistakes in the map editor (FinalSun_DTA) :
- Soviet and Allies war factory building are write "weapons factory" but it's just for the GDI building, same thing ingame if you "scan" the Soviet/Allies building with the mouse.
- With the new update, GDI can't build M.A.D, but the deployed M.A.D is repertoried in the GDI building
- If you select the gap generator, the sprite is far away of the mouse cursor

The names of some objects are simply slightly different in the map editor to make it easier to keep them apart there, so it's not a mistake.

The map editor shows all units and structures that exist in the mod, even the ones that aren't meant to be used. Some objects are merely still there because they might become useful again one day in the future or because it's still not decided what will be done with it (I'm still considering to give GDI's M.A.D. Tank to Soviet for example).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah ! Prenium answers ! Very Happy

Quote:
Using a unit to attack something whose whole purpose is to kill such units is also a bad way. You simply don't send aircraft vs anti-aircraft or infantry vs flame tanks

Yeah, don't worry about this, I don't often do that.  Laughing
It's just I do many (strange) tests.

Quote:
The uselessless of aircraft is also limited to games against the AI; aircraft is often used in matches against other human players.

I agree with you, sadly I don't play often with other player, too difficult to do tests with them Laughing , no really it's just I prefer to play with them (coop), not against them (PvP). By he way, thanks a lot for coop campaign.

Quote:
The names of some objects are simply slightly different in the map editor to make it easier to keep them apart there, so it's not a mistake.

Ok, but what about of her ingame name ? (maybe i'm not explain it right, should I take a screenshot ?)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The names of objects on the sidebar can be slightly different from a unit's or building's actual name because of the limited space that's available for text on the sidebar icons.

It's true that the Allied/Soviet "Weapons Factory" should actually be named "War Factory", but I don't think it's really a problem since it still means the same thing and it makes sense for all war factories to follow the same naming scheme.
I could still fix it if people really prefer it that way, but I personally don't have a real preference either way.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not a big deal, i report the war factory problem just in case you want to fix all.

I have a new screen for you :

On the map"switching islands", a 2 players map, a crate pop on the building (the radar dome sprite on the south)

In scavenger mod, the mini map can be shutdown by low power if we build kennel (Kennel use energy ? Must be a super high tech kennel Laughing )

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do think the Allied / Soviet "Weapons Factory" should be called the War Factory instead.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New screens again, on the map Yaseca Island (3 players map)

On the north island, we can see a tree sprite on the civilian building (same thing with the ruined farm on north west)

MCV do nothing if a crate begin near of it (and a crate pop on a tree to the south)

The MCV think he can deploy himself ( i try to do it, but we can hear "cannot deploy here")

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah will surely fix the tree bug.

When you modify the game to spawn hundreds of crates, the chance of one being spawned right next to the MCV is indeed high. But with the usual settings this is a very rare case.
However, we can't do anything to prevent this or to make the AI mcv find a free place and then deploy.

The deploy bug can not be fixed i'm afraid.
It's a result of getting 4 sides work with each having its own MCV.

Public SHPs

Tools

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
When you modify the game to spawn hundreds of crates, the chance of one being spawned right next to the MCV is indeed high. But with the usual settings this is a very rare case.

I don't modify the game, it's the scavenger game mode.

Always in scavenger mode :

Allies AI can build advanced power plant, ranger and artilerie.

GDI AI can build rocket launcher (humm vee and mammoth too, but not in the screen)

NOD AI can build buggy, recon bike and flame tank

Soviet AI can build mammoth and V2

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As mentioned, I'll the tree issue and the issue with the AI being unable to deploy its MCV when there's a crate next to it can't be helped, but it'll still deploy as soon as the crate disappears.

Since there's no way to make the AI automatically search for crates, the AI is able to build more things than human players can.
Having it also build power plants is unintentional however, so I'll fix that.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
but it'll still deploy as soon as the crate disappears

The MCV is automatically destroyed before the crate disappears. Do you planned to remove this ?
I'm not an expert, but what about to make invisible buildings who begin around the MCV at the start location and be remove when the game start ?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't plan on removing this, but it's still possible for the crate to disappear before the MCV self-destructs.

Placing invisible structures around every starting location would require every single map to be edited, so that wouldn't be a very practical solution. In addition it would also annoy human players if they can't immediately deploy right when the game starts because those structures are still in the way for a few seconds.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New screens again :

In the GDI campaign Under siege II :

The Humvee is under the bush

The ennemy's construction yard is a GDI construction yard instead of NOD.

Migs are on other migs, i think it's when i build them after lost some with my attack.

I have a another screen for you but there is an update since that, so i don't know if it's already fixed, but just in case :

There is a haverster on the naval yard. Under the harvester, i have see a tank and a rocket launcher but we can't see them on the screen.

By the way, I know it's not possible for the gap generator to work like red alert, but what about make it work like the NOD building who make buildings/units near of him stealth ? I mean, the gap generator (and mobile gap generator) is for hide your base/units from enemy, if you can't hide the map, you can at least hide your base with that.

I would like to make a coop map, it is possible ? There is any tips somewhere ? Or can I have some advices ? Thank you.  Smile

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for reporting these issues; I fixed all f them aside from the one with the MIGs. Having multiple aircraft occupy the same helipad or airfield is an engine issue that sometimes randomly just happens and there's nothing I can do about it.
Sombracier wrote:
By the way, I know it's not possible for the gap generator to work like red alert, but what about make it work like the NOD building who make buildings/units near of him stealth ? I mean, the gap generator (and mobile gap generator) is for hide your base/units from enemy, if you can't hide the map, you can at least hide your base with that.

That's indeed an option, but I'm not sure whether most Red Alert fans would be satisfied with that. The Allied faction is also already well balanced against the other factions, so I don't think it really needs a stealth generator.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
I would like to make a coop map, it is possible ? There is any tips somewhere ? Or can I have some advices ? Thank you.  Smile

Right now it is only possible by implementing the co-op map similarly to the already existing ones: add the map to MPMaps.ini and create a separate INI file that contains co-op map settings. Co-op maps are also not automatically transferred in online games.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No guide is available for creating Co-Op maps right now, so you're best off using an existing Co-Op map as an example (you do need to be familiar with using map triggers however).
If you're less experienced, it might be easier to edit an existing Co-Op map to learn how everything works.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
That's indeed an option, but I'm not sure whether most Red Alert fans would be satisfied with that. The Allied faction is also already well balanced against the other factions, so I don't think it really needs a stealth generator.

I think we sould make a new topic and ask for other players, we can miss something very important.

Thank for you answers for the coop map.  Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think a stealth logic gap-gen is a good idea.
Stealth and gap logic are still quite different.
-a scout with a good sight range can counter the gap gen even when mobile, while only a deployed sensor array can do the same against stealth (deploying takes time and a fast scout can take a look and run away again much faster)
-objects under the gap field don't have to (un)cloak which makes their reaction times a lot faster

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And Nod already uses the stealth logic, meaning that Nod and Allies would become less unique if the gap generator worked like a stealth generator.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way, don't you think it's strange for the stealth tank to don't need the research lab but the stealth APC need it ? (i don't ask for the balance of the game)

I read in a another post from Lin Kuei Ominae to the map "Emerald Canyon" can expand 3 times. How ? If you must capture building at north-east or south-west, the ion storm destroy them at the beginning of the game.

Always on the map "Emerald canyon", the civilian buildings are all hostile (SAM site, guard tower in the center, boat) except for the guard tower and gun turret near of each player (not the SAM).
The two civilian guard tower on the center can detect very far the stealth units (GDI should use them, civilian guard tower are more usefull than her military guard tower  Laughing ). And i remember you say we can't capture building for make vehicule (war factory, weapons factory, etc...) because of engine limitation but on this map, you can capture "neutral" NOD/GDI building for vehicules, so how this limitation work ?

Map who have a custom light (like dead winter) have a problem with some animated buildings like the construction yard when you construct or the airfield when you receive an unit. Look like the animation "flash" for few frame.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
I read in a another post from Lin Kuei Ominae to the map "Emerald Canyon" can expand 3 times. How ? If you must capture building at north-east or south-west, the ion storm destroy them at the beginning of the game.

There is more than enough time to get 2 refineries, 1 warfactory, 1 APC, 3 Engineers, and several other stuff build, before the first Ion Storm occurs. So you have to be a bit quicker.
And yes, both civil radars need to be captured. If only one radar is captured (other gets destroyed), the map isn't expanding to full size.

Sombracier wrote:
Always on the map "Emerald canyon", the civilian buildings are all hostile (SAM site, guard tower in the center, boat) except for the guard tower and gun turret near of each player (not the SAM).
The two civilian guard tower on the center can detect very far the stealth units (GDI should use them, civilian guard tower are more usefull than her military guard tower  Laughing ).

hostile civilians was done on purpose, to make map more interesting. Towers near start location are shut down, to allow players to capture them.
Civilian guard towers can be build (but cost more than the GDI guard towers), when you capture the civilian construction yard on the NE or SW outpost.

Sombracier wrote:
And i remember you say we can't capture building for make vehicule (war factory, weapons factory, etc...) because of engine limitation but on this map, you can capture "neutral" NOD/GDI building for vehicules, so how this limitation work ?

Can you find the post? I'm not sure in which context i said this.
This map is also rather old and was done before Allies and Soviets became fully playable sides.
So there is a chance that today with all the new sides and units,
capturing the factories on this map can cause bugs like the NCO-bug (greyed out cameo of an unbuildable new unit in sidemenu and EVA constantly saying "New Construction Options")

Sombracier wrote:
Map who have a custom light (like dead winter) have a problem with some animated buildings like the construction yard when you construct or the airfield when you receive an unit. Look like the animation "flash" for few frame.

The art.ini code looks correct. Could be an engine problem, so i'm not sure if we can fix anything here.

Public SHPs

Tools

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Can you find the post? I'm not sure in which context i said this.

It's Rampastein who say this :
Quote:
TS engine limitations. To put it shortly, we had to make some structures uncapturable in order to make 4 sides work properly.

With the new update, i see you've change "Emerald Canyon" map, thank you.  Smile
But...I think you forgot one defense for the NOD base :

I don't know if it's an engine limitation but when a soldier enter into a chinook, when can see the soldier and his shadow :

If you play with the menu, you can bug some option like this (look the game speed):

After I finished the new campaign (very cool, thank for this), I receive "Unable to initiate Map Selection!" and the campaign begin again.

By the way, for this campaign, I think it's very strange for Soviet to not have dogs near of her base, they always use them to prevent spy (Yeah I know, DTA don't have spy).
And I think it's a little strange for soviet to have nuclear silo, tesla coil, shock trooper and mammoth tank but don't have a tech center and barrack.

If you sell a tech center you don't lose technology (mammoth tank, etc...), it's normal ?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rampastring meant this for AI buildings. Player buildings can be captured fine. Some AI buildings need to be uncapturable, to make 4 sides work.
On Emerald Canyon the factories were always the normal player building version, not the uncapturable AI version.

Nothing was changed on Emerald Canyon. It's been like this for a long time.

The base defenses were deliberately placed like this.
a) gun turrets are more dangerous in the beginning, when they can easily kill your APC, which transports the engineers.
With an APC you can simply ignore the guard towers and their MGs and drive straight into the base. Only the 1 still functioning adv. guard tower in the south poses a threat.
b) you can't get to the south entrance of the Nod base, without getting shot by the gun turrets. Getting to the back entrance of the GDI base without getting shot is possible though.
c) all towers are damaged, so they aren't really a big problem anyway
d) GDI guard towers have a much shorter range than gun turrets and their MG also has no chance against armored vehicles. Thus the 3 guard towers are a lot easier to kill than the gun turrets.

Thus the GDI outpost has 3 very weak defended entrances, while Nod outpost has 2 well defended entrances and one unprotected.

Sombracier wrote:
I don't know if it's an engine limitation but when a soldier enter into a chinook, when can see the soldier and his shadow :

yes, engine limitation to make airtransport work.

No clue about the menu issue.

Sombracier wrote:
After I finished the new campaign (very cool, thank for this), I receive "Unable to initiate Map Selection!" and the campaign begin again.

That's normal if the last map has no next map specified. Though can be also a bug if Rampa forgot to set this right.

Sombracier wrote:
If you sell a tech center you don't lose technology (mammoth tank, etc...), it's normal ?

an ugly engine bug, present ever since tiberian dawn, red alert 1 and also tiberian sun. WW always sold this as an engine feature.
Sorry, can't be fixed.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Sombracier wrote:

That's normal if the last map has no next map specified. Though can be also a bug if Rampa forgot to set this right.

Yes, it's a bug. I forgot to set OneTimeOnly=yes in the map. Thanks for reporting it, Sombracier.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Rampastring meant this for AI buildings. Player buildings can be captured fine. Some AI buildings need to be uncapturable, to make 4 sides work.
On Emerald Canyon the factories were always the normal player building version, not the uncapturable AI version.

Oh ! Ok, thanks for the precision.

Quote:

But now there is no ion storm anymore and if you capture just one radar, the map extend, so it's a previous version or something like that ?

Quote:
a) gun turrets are more dangerous in the beginning, when they can easily kill your APC, which transports the engineers.

I'm not sure of this, my heavy APC have been killed by the ad.guard tower, not by the 2 nod turrets.

Quote:
Only the 1 still functioning adv. guard tower in the south poses a threat.

There is just one functioning adv.guard tower ?! XD
(How can we know that ? There is other maps with some "secret" like this ?)

I feel I bother you about this map for nothing, sorry for that...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
Quote:

But now there is no ion storm anymore and if you capture just one radar, the map extend, so it's a previous version or something like that ?

There was never a triggered ion storm. If you got one, then you enabled the option in the multiplayer menu.
Emerald Canyon always only had meteor showers.
It was always like that, that it extends when you capture 1 radar and further extends if all 2 radars are captured.
See the original map topic and the post dates from 2012.

Sombracier wrote:

Quote:
Only the 1 still functioning adv. guard tower in the south poses a threat.

There is just one functioning adv.guard tower ?! XD
(How can we know that ? There is other maps with some "secret" like this ?)

You can only know this by playing. Spoiling everything would be boring.

Do you even found already the hidden cloaked nuclear lab outposts giving you buildable nuclear missile launchers!? Smile

Public SHPs

Tools

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Emerald Canyon always only had meteor showers.

Yeah, I mean meteor showers, not ion storm, sorry. Razz
I found my problem : I kill too fast the ennemy so I don't see the third extend.

The meteor shower event is random ? I mean, he can spawn after 5min at the begining of the game ?

Quote:
Do you even found already the hidden cloaked nuclear lab outposts giving you buildable nuclear missile launchers!? Smile

Yup  Very Happy

By the way, what is the key for take a screen with this game ? I see a screenshot folder in the game installation but "screenshot.txt" inside the folder don't explain it, so I think there is a special key instead of the classic key.
I ask this because I miss a screenshot of a bug... >w<
(The bug was already report by me, it's the tank who can spawn on a naval yard near of a bridge)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
The meteor shower event is random ? I mean, he can spawn after 5min at the begining of the game ?

Starts randomly after 1200 to max 3600 time units.
No clue how 1 time unit is converted into seconds/minutes.
After the shower is over, it starts again after 1200-3600 time units.

Screenshots can be taken with ctrl+c
Ingame you can also open the options menu and then check/change the keyboard shortcuts.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Starts randomly after 1200 to max 3600 time units.

They're seconds at game speed 2 (15 FPS). Most people play on 45 or 60 FPS, so practically it's usually much shorter.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah,thanks for the explanation.
So 20min to max 60min at game speed 2 (15fps)
and 6.7min to max 20min at game speed 4 (45fps)

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum