Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Updated XCC TMP Editor
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject:  Updated XCC TMP Editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since i'm the only one who has managed to get the awful dependency spaghetti that is the XCC source code to compile in probably the past 10 years or so, i thought i could post this.

Rewire needed a TMP editor for the new tile size. It took me 3 days to get all the dependencies needed for the xcc source to compile.

When i did manage to get it to compile i ported the unofficial 1.05 code over too, tried to fix some bugs i understood how along the way.

Today Gangster asked me for some fixes, figured they are worthy enough to post this on PPM as well.
Today's fixes is some paste crash issues (that i dealt with i think a while back but never compiled a new exe).

Removed the limit of being able to only enter positive values in the Y and Y Extra tile offsets because the original tiles had minus values there.

Messed around and did new icons as well.

Aside from those changes everything done by MetalMario applies

Code:
Changes (Oct. 6, 2005):
-Added radar colour changing; added AutoColour tool which exacts the 'official' behaviour (with one obscure exception =P). It can be found in the Properties dialog.
-Added Resize tool to change the width and height, in tiles, of a loaded template.
-Newly inserted tiles now contain the contents of the first tile rather than garbage.
-Added Copy/Paste Z Data/Extra Z Data
-XCC TMP Editor originally forced the 'Has Z Data' bit to true upon saving (which broke randomly varied tilesets such as LAT sets). It now remembers the loaded value which can also be changed.
-Uses XP visual styles.
-Other small fixes

NOTE Using the RW version you won't be able to see tiles in xcc mixer because it has a idiotic hard coded limit to the tile size.
I have removed that limit, but the PNG library i used is broken so copying as png is broken, so i won't release that one.

XCC TMP Editor RW.zip
 Description:
!!!For making 96x48 tiles only!!!

Download
 Filename:  XCC TMP Editor RW.zip
 Filesize:  1.17 MB
 Downloaded:  193 Time(s)

XCC TMP Editor.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  XCC TMP Editor.zip
 Filesize:  1.17 MB
 Downloaded:  1745 Time(s)

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Last edited by tomsons26lv on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work. Smile

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I d like to support this new revision with few package of 96x48 templates I will be making.

First one will be not very fancy (but with correct and complicated extra \ extraZdata) cliffs.

cliffs.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.65 MB
 Viewed:  10265 Time(s)

cliffs.png

slopes.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  slopes.rar
 Filesize:  189.49 KB
 Downloaded:  44 Time(s)

cliff templates.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cliff templates.rar
 Filesize:  46.54 KB
 Downloaded:  51 Time(s)

Last edited by Gangster on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:14 am; edited 3 times in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Smile

tomsons26lv wrote:
Removed the limit of being able to only enter positive values

Oh how I loathed that bug, had to keep copy & pasting "-" all the time >.>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should fork the XCC repo on GoogleCode to GitHub or something, might breath some life into the old girl. Some information on the dependencies it has and how to acquire and build them as well as building XCC itself would be nice.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Google Code is dead btw Smile

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

woaaa.... thank you tomson n.n

hey tomsons, is posible add more funtions to TMP studio?

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
woaaa.... thank you tomson n.n

hey tomsons, is posible add more funtions to TMP studio?

Without the source code nothing can be done about it

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

added "96x48" slopes templates.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One request I would have is a dropdown box for terrain type instead of having to know/reference what the numbers mean... keep the number though:

"1 - clear"
"2 - road"
etc...

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Otherwise a good update for the editor but PNG support is totally and completely broken in it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Necro bump...

Since I use a non-standard isotem.pal how can I get TMP Editor to use it? It doesn't read my external cache.mix and I don't see any palette switching option for user palettes like all the modern tools.

Am I missing something or is this not available? And if unavailable, can someone add user supplied palette support, even if that means just copying the *.pal into the TMP Editor dir ?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@G-E: When you have a tile open in XCC TMP Editor, there should be a 'Palet' dropdown box, and you can use the "Load" option to use your own palettes as needed. As far as I'm aware, you'd have to change the palette each tile you work on though.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
@G-E: When you have a tile open in XCC TMP Editor, there should be a 'Palet' dropdown box, and you can use the "Load" option to use your own palettes as needed. As far as I'm aware, you'd have to change the palette each tile you work on though.

That's far from ideal since I'm planning to make changes to the palette that will require re-saving most everything in the temperate terrain.

Ideally I'd like to have 2 instances of TMP Editor up, one to load the old and copy, one to save the new with a paste complete. Repeat ad nauseum.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can't you use for that the batch processing power of TMP Shop?
In TMP Shop you can use "Tools\Palette Analyzer & Converter" to change the palette of multiple tmp files.

Use "Tools\Color Scheme Generator" to create the file necessary for the color replacement in the Palette Converter or edit the .cscheme file manually with a text editor.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always used Starkku's batch TMP tool to reapply palettes to all the tiles in a theater, maybe it's not as efficient as TMP Shop however.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
can't you use for that the batch processing power of TMP Shop?
In TMP Shop you can use "Tools\Palette Analyzer & Converter" to change the palette of multiple tmp files.

I never used TMP Shop, I saw I have a copy but never made sense to me how I could use it.
m7 wrote:
I always used Starkku's batch TMP tool to reapply palettes to all the tiles in a theater

Which tool is this?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thnx for this update,

Hey guys so i just started to explore tmp editing, i have one thing i can't seem to figure out: How to paste back an edited image into tmp editor. I can do it easily with 1x1 tiles, but i can't paste back bigger then 1x1. How to do this?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can paste->complete. Do note that TMP Editor's images all have an extra line of whitespace at the bottom, whereas saving a .tmp to .png with XCC Mixer will no -- TMP Editor will not paste an image that doesn't match the size.

Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henskelion
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, is the sourcecode for this version of TMP Editor available anywhere? I need a version that can handle large tile sprites, specifically 128x64 cell size, since my OpenRA mod uses that specific size.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum