Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Cities: Skylines
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject:  Cities: Skylines Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So those of you that know me know that I spend much of my game time playing city builders, namely SimCity 4. C&C really doesn't appeal to me much anymore, unfortunately.

Anywho, I have had Skylines for a while now, and I really enjoy it. There's so much you can do! Here are a few screenshots of my work.

downtownwipp.jpg
 Description:
excuse the water glitch with the bridge on the far right. It only happens to this particular one. It levels itself out after a while.
 Filesize:  1.64 MB
 Viewed:  5171 Time(s)

downtownwipp.jpg

GoodMorningBeautiful.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  603.03 KB
 Viewed:  5193 Time(s)

GoodMorningBeautiful.jpg

KingsAveInterchange.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.53 MB

KingsAveInterchange.jpg

ShamrockSquare.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  995.4 KB

ShamrockSquare.jpg

FromGreystonPlaza.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  848.09 KB

FromGreystonPlaza.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How comparable is the game to SimCity4? After the horror that was the latest SimCity I stayed away from these kind of games, but this one keeps having my interest.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
How comparable is the game to SimCity4? After the horror that was the latest SimCity I stayed away from these kind of games, but this one keeps having my interest.

It's basically everything SimCity4 should have been.

Also, you can dump sewage in drinking reservoirs until everyone in your town dies from shit water.  Laughing

Something that daTS's city is missing. Also, daTS are you still in Texas? Isn't there a bit too much green and blue in your city?  Razz

Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gracemeria seems someone is a "Ace Combat" fan Smile

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed, I am a huge Ace Combat fan. Cities Skyline is amazing. Lots of good mods for it too. Smile Huge areas to build as well. Something like 36sq kilometers of build space. Not quite the scale of SimCity4, but monster compared to that failure that was SimCity.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I'm I i love Ace combat i played AC5 AC Zero and AC Assault Horizon really a shame that these games are no more produced

Say what do you think about a ACE COMBAT mod for RA2?

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't EVA work on an Ace Combat mod for RA2?

Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't know about it; but i will focus on Ace combat 5 events the circum pacific War between Osea and Yuktobania then adding Belka

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I look forward to your AC Mod, Major. Smile

Here's more of what's capable with mods.

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty, so, the challenge of this game is the same as sim city 4? make a giant city with good service coverage right? there is no industry like on other games like... uh... tropico or the good old Sierra city builders?

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's actually extremely challenging to balance everything. It's tough to make the cims happy. You need to balance industry, commercial, office and residential demand with the demand for leisure, tourism, shopping, working and travel. Traffic is a pain in the ass. Cims take the shortest route, regardless of traffic or road speed. Thankfully with the Traffic++ mod you can regulate which traffic goes where, so big buildups because of commercial traffic can be eliminated by banning commercial traffic on residential streets and force them to the highways.

With mods, this game is crazy fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum