Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
YRArg down again
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject:  YRArg down again Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Figured I should bring this one to attention - especially since it's the biggest (second biggest?) resource for RA2/YR Voxels and SHP's.

This is the image currently around if one tries to access YR Argentina. I've used the words "down again" rather than dead because I am not sure exactly what's going on (not a Facebook person). For all I know, they could just be moving hosts. Still...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The site was hacked. It may take a while to return. Maybe only the old YR Argentina will return, since this Joomla that is being used is too much vulnerable, despite all software updates done during the last couple of years.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
The site was hacked. It may take a while to return. Maybe only the old YR Argentina will return, since this Joomla that is being used is too much vulnerable, despite all software updates done during the last couple of years.

I hope so. A lot's been added to it over the years and it does contain a large amount of public use assets. It would be a blow to the community if YRArg permanently went off the air.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate to double/necropost, but it's been over a month and nothing has changed.

Have there been any updates? Or is the site closed down for good?

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The site might return in the future. But don't count on it to happen soon.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a shame it would be if it didn't return at some point. I think it had only been updated like a year ago or something.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still, YR Argentina is a fairly large Community Site, and even had a few resources I don't think you could find anywhere else given most of the sites have closed or offer bugger all.

I mean who hasn't been there to collect a few Public Assets for a mod?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mevitar wrote:
The site might return in the future. But don't count on it to happen soon.

As I said, I'll retore the old YR  Argentina whenever possible. I'm busy with several real life issues.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
As I said, I'll retore the old YR  Argentina whenever possible. I'm busy with several real life issues.

Just close them as WONTFIX.
[/programmerjoke]

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Martin Killer wrote:
Back, for now old backup, maybe later I will migrate it to a higher release.
http://54.201.236.10/

Not a problem Martin. Thank you for this.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still not up again?

I needed the resource libraries there... much faster, more visual and complete than here in PPM

If you are looking for assets quick it was the place

Now there's only a really old backup with voxels that aren't even up to today's standars...

http://www.yrargentina.com/old/index.php

Since I am in argentina I may help to get it back up.

Or simply get me a backup of the database and I will re-upload

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!