Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
Mental Omega: Side 4 Opinions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Prodigal Providence
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject:  Mental Omega: Side 4 Opinions
Subject description: Gets so thrilling the longer I think of it!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(I hope the Mentalmeisters will see this, and shed some light on this topic.)

So I reckon that you've all seen the Side 4 trailer for Mental Omega many days ago. The first time I've seen a YR mod make another faction from the usual three, as almost all C&C games sticked to.

As I watched the said trailer, I immediately took notice of some additions in the game.

-Side 4, of course. Obviously they came from the future, so high-tech technology even higher than the Allies is their key. I cannot say aliens, as everyone was screaming high.

-Harbinger Gunships as the Side 4 bombers. I reckon it might have the same voice-sets as from RA3:U.

-ImP_RuLz's APU/Exoskeleton as, probably, the Side 4's basic infantry. Pretty OP for me at least, they're using an gigantic M60A1 LMG, about 5 times larger than the GI, Conscript and Initiate's main weapons.

-Gigantic tanks in the Chinese base. They look like oversized T-80MUs, I guess it's the Tier 4 to the Catastrophe and the Apocalypse?

-An warphole-like structure in a certain Soviet base.

-Long-winged VTOL aircraft with an bottom circular aura, and I see comets/meteors(?) crashing around them. I guess it's an aircraft that can send meteors from space the same with the Thor calling lightning even from clean skies?

-Large mecha(?) equipped with one-handed pulse swords, slashing their way through Epsilon forces. I first thought of them to be Protoss Zealots, but that would be OP. Plus, I remember seeing the same mech here in PPM...

Also I have noticed some points, as few people have seen it as well:

-Side 4's mainly fighting Soviet and Epsilon forces. Their relationship with the Allies? Yet to know.

-One particular individual said a very plausible theory.

The Side 4 is named the Consortium, and I remember seeing the same faction, although in full white, in another mod.

The three subfactions are the FutureTech, Kanegawa Industries and SteinsTech. This is where the thrill starts.

I have kept thinking that Side 4, or the Consortium forces will be the Allies' new hope. Looking back into Act One, the Allies have almost lost the war against both the Soviets and the Epsilon, although both enemy factions are fighting their own wars as well. So the Side 4 forces have come to help the Allies get back to their feet. Add to that the confirmation of the Consortium forces being hostile against the Soviets and the Epsilon.

What's more thrilling? This.

United States=FutureTech
Pacific Front=Kanegawa Industries
European Alliance=SteinsTech

Obviously they are the tech providers of the Allies. It comes to mind that, taking that theory up, Side 4 is the future selves of the tech providers, hence the cutting-edge, eye-burning technology they possess.

This is so far I have thought about Side 4. Feel free to clarify or add more light to this topic. Thanks lots~! Very Happy

A lover of large tank battles. Nothing satisfies me better than many tanks brawlin'.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They were called the Consortium from the Original Author's Mod. In Mental Omega they're named [redacted]. They're not from the future unless Speeder is pulling another one of his trolls.

The Thor has a miniaturized Weather Machine as its main Weapon in MO.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting concept.

Prodigal Providence
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
They were called the Consortium from the Original Author's Mod. In Mental Omega they're named [redacted]. They're not from the future unless Speeder is pulling another one of his trolls.

The Thor has a miniaturized Weather Machine as its main Weapon in MO.

There we go. If they're not from the future... That's also plausible. With those three tech providers combined, it's not surprising with regards to their technological advantage.

Yeah, I know the Thor has a mini-Weather Manipulator device, but I just can't stop thinking that such an large aircraft can create lightning in even the clearest of skies.
Add to that what will happen to Thor Gunships if they happen to be around the area where a Weather Control Device unleashes it's fury?

4StarGeneral wrote:
Interesting concept.

Hehe. I know, right? Those thoughts easily sled through my mind as I saw that theory. I'm a loyal Allied commander, so I'm over-the-top happy thinking the facts. Smile

A lover of large tank battles. Nothing satisfies me better than many tanks brawlin'.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why don't you post this on the MO forum?

More likely to get wider response there and from the mod team.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd rather have seen an earlier balance / fix patch that also makes the damned campaigns playable for non-masochists, instead of waiting more then a year for a 'new' side which also happens to introduce all of the before.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's no FutureTech in Mental Omega, I don't quite understand where that idea came from.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My guess is that it's probably a section of Allied scientists tired of those stupid restrictions on their research and the military-industrial complex shilling outdated weapon systems to the Allies when they could build fancy future weapons and deciding to go their own path.

Alternatively, it's "CABAL". Except this time made by the Allies. Actually, since the Allies pretty much function identical to the Brotherhood of Nod, it's probably "CABAL".

Prodigal Providence
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Why don't you post this on the MO forum?

More likely to get wider response there and from the mod team.

There is one? I'm new here, so I don't know how to go around, yet. Sorry.

Dutchygamer wrote:
I'd rather have seen an earlier balance / fix patch that also makes the damned campaigns playable for non-masochists, instead of waiting more then a year for a 'new' side which also happens to introduce all of the before.

That's one request all MO players were yearning for. Not everyone can handle the Mental difficulty plus there's no load-and-save options, making every mission a now-or-never mission.

Speeder wrote:
There's no FutureTech in Mental Omega, I don't quite understand where that idea came from.

That's why I said it's a plausible theory. One commenter in your Side 4 reveal trailer said those details I've written above, and I only added up on what I have thought of. Of course it's a theory, so it may be true or not, or partly true or not. If FutureTech does not exist in the MO universe, then who could be the tech provider of the United States?
I know that they have large production facilities in mainland USA and they have a lot of reserves from previous wars, but there's got to be one agency that supervises all of these.

RatsInTheWalls wrote:
My guess is that it's probably a section of Allied scientists tired of those stupid restrictions on their research and the military-industrial complex shilling outdated weapon systems to the Allies when they could build fancy future weapons and deciding to go their own path.

Alternatively, it's "CABAL". Except this time made by the Allies. Actually, since the Allies pretty much function identical to the Brotherhood of Nod, it's probably "CABAL".

That's... another plausible theory. You mean Allied scientists that went rogue from the Allies and created a whole new army just by their research? Sounds pleasing to my ears.

No one really knows the faction's name until Speeder gives details in the next update. Question though, seeing the last sentence, how is the Allies operate similar to the NOD? Take this as a question from a loyal Allied commander.

badbully
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:

FutureTank

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prodigal Providence wrote:
Question though, seeing the last sentence, how is the Allies operate similar to the NOD? Take this as a question from a loyal Allied commander.

Weak fast units, hightech experimental technology.

The Allies are pretty much Nod.

It's even clearer in RA1, where (chronologically speaking) half Nod's catalogue comes from the Allies.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but IMO Nod unit list not flexible to design like Allied. they have too many iconic unit on their side leave no room for new idea since if you remove one of them they make them not feel like Nod anymore.

- Bike
- Buggy
- Artillery
- Stealth Tank
- Flame Tank

while Allied list can be anything just stick with "hightech good guy" concept and give some with Chrono.

badbully
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:

the right explanation is any faction that have nice green and black explosions + some advanced techs to kill most of kirovs "Firestorm" will be considered as they are from future.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
but IMO Nod unit list not flexible to design like Allied. they have too many iconic unit on their side leave no room for new idea since if you remove one of them they make them not feel like Nod anymore.

- Bike
- Buggy
- Artillery
- Stealth Tank
- Flame Tank

while Allied list can be anything just stick with "hightech good guy" concept and give some with Chrono.

The buggy is comparable to the ranger, the bike is similar to the IFV.
Nod uses the same artillery as the Allies in RA1 and TD. Also prism tech and laser tech is roughly similar. Also, the stealth tank from TD and TS is based on Allied technology from RA1, the Phase Transport, an invisible APC.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But allied don't need Ranger or IFV to make it feel Allies their list can be anything while Bike and Buggy is must have for Nod design.

Allied artillery away more flexible than Nod easier for offensive propose while Nod Artillery focus on defensive by design. Allied IFV have better function than bike but his missile lack of effect vs heavy vehicle compare to Nod Bike. both factions also have some different technology yes allied also have some stealth but they never rely heavy compare to Nod.

Allied
- Chrono
- Gap Generator
- Prism [Similar to nod laser but function different]
- Allied have Nuke just for balance MP but not their iconic weapons.
- Information warfare better than Nod thank to power as super power nations.
- Any kind of mad science technology developer can think of.

while Nod design limit around these kind of Tech which why each of their weapon feel more characteristic than Allied.
- Advance Stealth like Stealth Generator.
- Tiberium Weapons.
- Laser [Focus fire on 1 target with more firepower]
- Nuke.
- Napalm/Flame weapon.
- Subterranean Tech

IMO Nod is more like another side in same coin to Allied they're fast their High tech but still not the same.

Prodigal Providence
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm. Okay, I may agree on the fast, mobile units NOD and the Allies has, but as Holy_Master mentioned before, they have some iconic units that scream NOD. Similarities here and there, but only on the classic RA1/TS. Everything has changed when Cherdenko messed the timeline, two times.

@badbully: APRIL FOOLS INCEPTION

Anyway, does those walls that inject steam into the air are the Firestorm walls? Sorry, I did not play any game within the Tiberium universe, I started with Red Alert. Now I have all three (Aftermath, YR and Uprising).

badbully wrote:
the right explanation is any faction that have nice green and black explosions + some advanced techs to kill most of kirovs "Firestorm" will be considered as they are from future.

I second the last sentence. It's what I said above, da?

Holy_Master wrote:

Waaahh, that sounded like music to my ears~. Pardon me being a fanboy to the Allies, I just love playing most of the time as them.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mental Omega: Side 4 Opinions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Large mecha(?) equipped with one-handed pulse swords, slashing their way through Epsilon forces. I first thought of them to be Protoss Zealots, but that would be OP. Plus, I remember seeing the same mech here in PPM...

Consortium Megalodon

The Side 4 is named the Consortium, and I remember seeing the same faction, although in full white, in another mod.

yes, Reign of Steel one of the best mod of the planet!!! and Holy_Master the great!

www.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  775.5 KB
 Viewed:  5063 Time(s)

www.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum